How do you make long lasting friends?

How do you make long lasting friends?

I wouldnt know. I have no friends.

i don't need friends

By not being a weeb

You don't

Find someone who is just as fucked up in the head as you are.

Good luck finding them.

Crowbar and chains, why?

You use alcohol and drugs to wash away any real feelings and give you fake ones. Creates bonding and false sense of closeness.

> Long lasting friends
Preserve them in formaldehyde

animu?

There isn't such a thing. Everyone you meet will be a fleeting acquaintance and while you wait for death all of them will mean nothing.

Join a cult

>be me
>19
>dreading my 20th birthday because all of my family have become estranged from me, have no friends, gf broke up with me

Join a club

Join a child sex ring

Join a company

This.
Although you risk becoming /that/ user who does too many drugs because their perception of others is skewed due to the false feelings in lieu of actually attempting to alter your own demeanor for the better. Drugs are easier.

Join a college

depressed shit

Just fucking talk to people til you find the ones.

I'll hang out with you on your birthday user.

Join ISIS

Join a farm

by not trying to

Hardly. Just being honest. You can pretend like death isn't inevitable if that makes you feel better.

Join a band

You don't

Join a camp

yeah but why would you live with a mindstate like that? i mean why not try to enjoy the little things in life?

By not being a shut-in.

>long lasting

If you are lucky you will have that one person who hangs around since forever... But it reality you never will. Take it from me.. an old fag
>early 20s
You may have some high school hangers but soon people finish / go to college .. get married .. move ... lost contact
>late 20s
Full on baby production and full time jobs usually... and if unemployed too depressed to meet anyone not online, and embarrassed to see "friends" in real life
>early 30s
Party years are over for most of us... some people hang on tho. EVeryone has moved away and had kids or may have even started to die at this point. You may have the 1 or 2 high school friends from facebook you will see updates from - but never talk to
>late 30s
If you managed to have a friend from highschool to now... Wow man grats. That is truly a great friend. But usually by this time everyone has their first divorce with a kid or 3... moved to the other side of the country, and are just a total different person.
>40s and beyond
Start slipping into the oblivion of routine... may start to have grand kids. Become one of those older balding blobs you pass in wal-mart and dont think twice about. All people care about here is trying to have some form of retirement saved up.
>next 20 years
Cruise control until death. If you had any long lasting friends up to this point they are most likely dead - or you are most likely dying.

Hi OP,

Wanted to give you a real answer from my own perspective. I'm 30 years old now. Most people I called friends in my 20's know absolutely nothing about my current life. It seems that the more time passes, the more tight knit you become with a small group of people. But this doesn't answer your question, I know.
You should probably refocus your perspective. How do you make GOOD friends? First, stop and look around for a moment. Sometimes we can take people for granted. This happens even if we don't mean to do it. There could be a buddy around you that always asks how you're doing and how you're feeling. Just make sure you aren't ignoring and not appreciating something that you already have. It is very easy to miss if you're in a personal slump, cause you're looking inward. Secondly, start focusing on the wants and a needs of those around you. It's so rewarding to see someone you deeply care for feel comfortable and at ease. It's great to see them have confidence and to know that you are the cause of it.
Don't be afraid to tell your buddy (male or female) that you love them. Wake up everyday and ask yourself how you can make their day better. Learn to embrace the feeling of just giving without taking anything.
I know this all sounds cliche, but take it from a former depressive fuck. It's all a matter of perspective.

This makes me feel good.
I've got 3 that I know will be life long.
Mainly cause I know none of us will follow that norm.
We're almost always in contact.
I'm sure to die before they do, which also makes me feel good.

>Implying I don't enjoy life.
I enjoy life fully. I just don't put much stock in other people to be dependent on said enjoyment.
Other people can augment enjoyment but its better to be happy with ones self to experience lasting joy,

well said

this

Time spent together + compatibility.

You don't need to necessarily have a ton of things in common, although that makes it easier. But you both need to have similar tastes in people. That's what I mean by compatibility, that you value similar things.

The rest is spending time around them. I do NOT mean living together, because that opens up a whole other realm of things you need to compromise on and blahblahblah.

That's it. Some people are such a good fit that you can spend constant time with them and you always want more. Others, you're happy just talking to them online from time to time. There's no "right" way to make friends. It is just putting yourself out there until you find other people doing the same who you can be happy being around.

>'s so rewarding to see someone you deeply care for feel comfortable and at ease. It's great to see them have confidence and to know that you are the cause of it.

Love that feeling of people I care about feeling comfortable,

Is this from "The Young Pope"?

follow these steps

i'll rather go to mexico i die from fucking hookers & cocaine

Not them, but:
Why live in willful ignorance?
>the way you feel about death is or should be the way everyone feels about death
I hope you're not dumb enough to actually think this.
It just means that you either don't think you can handle it, which sets you at a lower level of confidence than others, or that you actually can't handle it and you've had a mental breakdown in the past. This would mean you're defective and unable to endure that which every other healthy individual endures daily.
Either you step up to the plate and swing, or you'll never know if you can when you actually need to.
(enduring the concept of ones inevitable demise can save your life whilst succumbing to the dread could doom you, in identical situat e.g a bear attack/robbery/assault/being lost in the woods/etc.