Which is better?

which is better?

I hated both of them.

I'll pick Rises solely because it was a follow-up to Dark Knight, which is great.

BvS is a shit follow-up to an even shittier film.

Rises is a genuinely bad movie, but people were too coked up on TDK hype to notice

BvS is a misunderstood kinograph which will probably be thought of a lot better in 10 or 20 years, just the current climate of superhero movies doesn't allow people to view it through a neutral lens

TDKR makes a farce of the source material

BvS is an actual exploration of the heroes as characters and symbols, and how they connect both on a mythic and pop cultural level.

Please die

>autist level criticism

well kek'd my friend

Go ahead and post that youtube video again too, you still don't look imbecilic enough.

Batman v Superman is so bad DC may have tanked their entire cinematic universe already.

You can bet your asses WB Exec's are fucking terrified that Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman might flop. Batman v Superman's gross was frontloaded as fuck and dropped HARD, only meeting the absolute bare minimum of box office expectations. It was entirely sold on hype and goodwill from fans, and the movie was complete shit, and everyone knows it. Everyone saw that Sad Affleck meme video, and the cultural consensus is, by and large, that BvS sucked. Is anyone really excited for Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman? Even fucking Justice League? Do normies know that movie is coming out? They're already a billion in the hole for this franchise, and it's not taking off like they hoped it would.

While TDKR is laughable with Nolan's hubris thinking he's making the biggest since the silent era. Snyder's ego is completely undeserved and just makes you disgusted by how bad it is. Only retarded Mexican kids would even try to defend BvS

i strongly believe it's largely the same people who are always in these threads posting pasta

No our fault you fail to understand a simple movie and that reddit is your favourite website

I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad but only because I trust Ayers. The only thing I'm worried about is the studio interfering too much now that BvS bombed.

never seen TDKR, but BvS >>>>> TDK

BvS by a mile. It's on par with TDK in my book.

Batman Returns

BvS by a country mile. Everyone I know IRL hates TDKR and likes BvS.

They're about equal. I liked both.

>image.jpg
>lereddit

Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism.

The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence.

It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos.

In this age of petty Marvels, most comic-book movies merely perpetrate fantasies of power, but Snyder, enacting his personal aesthetic, braves a film that examines those fantasies.

>Even at his most pedestrian or bombastic, Snyder makes a far more engaging film than Christopher Nolan (an executive producer of “Batman v Superman”) ever did—because Nolan presumes to know and to show, whereas Snyder wants to see. Even his slender philosophical world seems like he’s discovering it, not delivering it.

>DC
>not shit