knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion-loss-edits
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

djent

related

i'd like to kick you in the head, OP

lost

LOL

lost

I don't get why people think EITS is crescendocore. They've broken out of that mold in their newer stuff. Listen to the album All of a Sudden, and it goes from one progressive seamless change to the other. Often, parts just break in loud and proud with no "builds," or get suddenly quiet. And then people jerk off GY!BE, and skinny fists is like 4 crescendo's, the album. What the fuck is their logic? Someone wanna enlighten me?

Holy shit

But as much as I love GY!BE they are the direct creators of the crescendo-core bullshit.

this is copypasta right

>My Dad Playing Various Bass Parts To Deep Purple Songs

holy shit

I don't get it.

HOLY SHIT

NEVER SEEN THIS JOKE BEFORE HOLY FUCK

I'm not even sure if there's a joke or if youre all pretending theres a joke

No seriously, what's the joke?

Would you say that you're at a loss?

...Uh, yeah?

top fucking kek my good sir

Nope. Seriously. Listen to Storms. Listen to Sleep. Two giant fucking crescendos. Listen to the opening track of All of a Sudden.

Come back, and tell me which one had a build that took 7 fucking minutes, and which one had more dynamics.

???????

What is this part of smeagols riddle or some shit? It's 3 in the morning i don't get it

its a shitty forced meme that wasnt funny when it started 5+ years ago. the same 15 year olds that spam hip hop on this board are the only ones that think its funny because they dont have the awareness to understand when a joke is run into the ground.

Jesus, do you always have to bring this up everytime someone doesn't get it?
knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion-loss-edits

why tho

>2008
its been 9 years good lord

This board is so fucking unfunny. All the humor threads are just meta tryhard shit.

Ooooohhhh right, that thing... yeah ok, thanks.

?

i can't even read half this shit

More like the ones who popularized it. Swans did it a year or two before

>charli xcx, taylor swift, carly rae jepsen and sky ferreira farting out cum into a mic
would sell everything i own to see this

Lol cassettes were so fucking terrible.

some people still collect them today, but I don't know why you would.

This was true in the 60's, but they have evolved over the years, and in the end they're almost comparable to hi-fi formats

what in the
in what world is SFTB crescendo-core

You're living in it

you guys have any input on:

^this?

i can tell you, as someone who doesn't care at all about defending the album, that that's not even close to being true.

So listen to it again

i was the guy who originally asked if that post was copypasta cause it's just really insane to me that eits doesn't qualify as anything but crescendocore bar their soundtrack work and maybe their latest album which i've heard all of one song off of. they've historically followed a very strict formula, they are the de-facto crescendocore band. gy!be have elements outside of the crescendo in their movements that appeals to people, i can't make the same argument for explosions in the sky.

>he doesn't listen to lo-fi music on cassettes

Fuck ya

Name a song that isn't Helpless Child that would count.

Sure, EITS's stuff is very rigid and strict, but I don't know if "crescendocore" is a good term for those types of post rock bands. All of a Sudden was mostly deemed by post rock listeners as just "another crescendocore album," but it has TONS of dynamics and changes; abrupt changes. The album might not be inventive or new, and if that's your argument, then fine. But they aren't just crescendo builds.

And again, I hate the term because that very complaint about being so crescendo-heavy, are spouted by people (like yourself) that love Skinny Fists. Objectively has WAY more emphasis on crescendos than All of a Sudden.

Every song starts slow, and quiet, and gets gradually lowder over 7-9 minutes. All of a Sudden doesn't.

If you want to make the case that it's a better album because it's got awesome instrumentation, elements of drone, noise, field-recordings, etc, I get that. But you gotta admit, if you're gonna tag All of a Sudden with the complaint of too many crescendos, you have to concede that Skinny Fists has the same damn problem.

Take the opening track of both albums. Skinny Fists starts with storms. 7 minute fucking crescendo. Gets quiet, another 3 minute crescendo, and noisey ending.

All of a Sudden has more dynamic changes in the first three minutes of the song. Loud to quiet, quiet to loud, sometimes quickly, sometimes not. Big changes happening every 30 seconds or so.

Again, maybe it's not pushing the envelope, but specifically the complaint about it being all about dat crescendo... I don't see it.

And people still praise Mogwai? People liked Hardcore will Never Die? What the fuck was that album, for fucks sake? Listen to that opening track, and tell me it isn't one large-ass crescendo... I don't fuckin' get it.

unbelievable

No, cassette players were. Decent players put out very good quality sound from the exact same cassettes that would sound crap on other systems.

Seems to me like you're mistaking "getting loud all of a sudden" with crescendos.

Instead of ylyl we get people getting fucky over EITS
Go blow a dolphin or something jesus christ