A Moon Shaped Pool

Where does it rank in Radiohead's discography?

3rd worst

between Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief

OK computer (9.5) >> Kid A (9.2) > In Rainbows (9.0) >> Hail To the Thief (8,5) > The Bends (8.5) >> A moon Shaped Pool (8.2) > Amnesiac (8.0) >>> King Of limbs (7.0) >>>>> Pablo Honey (6.2)

3rd best IMO behind Hail to the Thief and Kid A.

OBJECTIVE RADIOHEAD ALBUM RANKINGS

1. OK COMPUTER
2. KID A
3. IN RAINBOWS
4. THE BENDS
5. AMNESIAC
6. A MOON SHAPED POOL
7. HAIL TO THE THIEF
8. THE KING OF LIMBS
9. PABLO HONEY

gay
not gay

Kid A ≥ Amnesiac > OKC > AMSP > IR > HTTT > TKoL > The Bends >> PH

nothing other than PH is under an 8

imo
The King of Limbs (9.2)
Kid A (9.0)
In Rainbows (8.7)
OK Computer (8.6)
The Bends (8.2)
Amnesiac (7.9)
A Moon Shaped Pool (7.2)
Hail to the Thief (6.9)
Pablo Honey (4.7)

why does every radiohead thread turn into an album ranking? can we stop with this meme?

Ok Computer > The Bends > Kid A > A Moon Shaped Pool > In Rainbows > Amnesiac > Hail to the Thief > King of Limbs > Pablo Honey

OBJECTIVE:

AMNESIAC > KID A > REST > HTTT > IR > PH

Arbitrary rating time?

Hail to the Thief - 9.0
Kid A - 9.0
A Moon Shaped Pool - 8.8
OK Computer - 8.5
Amnesiac - 8.4
In Rainbows - 8.2
The Bends - 8.0
The King of Limbs - 7.9
Pablo Honey - 5.9

Because, Pablo Honey notwithstanding, their entire discography is alarmingly consistent in quality and as such inspires a myriad of opinions as to which albums are better than the others.

patrician here
kid a > in rainbows > amnesiac > amsp
the rest of their albums are trash

real quick, i'm gonna rate everyone's post itt

8/10
6/10
3/10
6/10
1/10
0/10
4/10
7/10
8/10
2/10
6.5/10

you disgust me

>all this drones pairing OKC and Kid A at the top when they are nothing alike

>patrician here
dude, you don't have to announce that you're retarded, we can already tell from your opinions

here are the ratings of a true patrician

6.3/10

>Pablo better than Bends

I know Scruffles doesn't exactly champion Radiohead but that's straight up contrarian.

baited for this exact response

>Hail to the Thief - 9.0
Ma' negro.

>Pablo Honey, 6.5/10
>Britpop and grunge's bastard child
>6.5/10

i can't believe people take this guy seriously

>pablo honey equal to kid a

literally what

>Kid A
>OK Computer
>A Moon Shaped Pool
>In Rainbows
>The Bends
>Amnesiac
>The King of Timbs
>Hail to the Thief
>Pablo Honey
>including power gaps and numerical ratings
wew lad
>because albums aren't alike they can't be similar in quality
>kid a = pablo honey > the bends
i love this man so much

>>pablo over the bends, HTTT, IR, TKOL, AMSP

>0/10
fuck off pablo honey belongs in the bottom three and you know it

Kid A (10/10) > OK Computer (9.5/10) > Hail to the Thief (9/10) = Amnesiac (9/10) > In Rainbows (8.5/10) = A Moon Shaped Pool (8.5/10) > The Bends (7.5/10) > The King of Limbs (6/10) > Pablo Honey (5/10)

I am thinking about switching OK Computer and HTTT.

Kid A = OK Computer (10) > A Moon Shaped Pool (9) > In Rainbows (8) > The Bends (8) > Amnesiac (7) > Hail To The King (7) > The King of Limbs (6) > Pablo Honey (4)

i don't give a shit about your opinions about radiohead, you got a 0 because your post was shitty cause you just called shit gay

what did i do friend?

3rd

you're right, I should've called him a faggot.

8th

>implying it's not at least better than PH and the Bends
ha ha ha

I like listening to it here and there....but it just feels so weak most of the time

To be honest I dont even fully know how I feel.

In Rainbows and even TKOL had a nice "warmth" to their sound and production. AMSP sounds so thin.

One of the earlier times I heard the album I was in Queenstown, NZ.
The atmosphere fit the album perfectly.
The album sounds/tastes/feels like driving through a high level road amongst tall green trees in cold but non wet weather.

The taste of a weird flat white with funky milk still permeates in my mouth. I see both beauty and unnerving isolation.

Wow, that's pretty low. Care to explain why? Personally I thought it was a next level effort for the band compositionally. The instrumentation and loops on it are tasteful as fuck and the album flows like quicksilver.

I think the thinness fits the vibe of the album as it sounds so emotionally fragile. That said, I think the synths on Identikit were a mistake, they definitely should've gone for a sound with more oomph in that particular instance.

>Tfw there are 9 albums
Unless you just pulled off some low-tier bait

It won't age well. It's not an album that musically does anything interesting at least in comparison to the rest of their work. It'll be remembered as that tired (ending?) blip in their career.

>Burn the Witch
Feels like a forced attempt to make something exciting with the trending old-school electronics. They even dropped it from opening some of their newer concerts, probably cause the stringy bit was always out of tune.

>Daydreaming
A half-good song. I like the tape looping bits (the low vocals probably an homage to Bowie) but it's a small idea that wasn't as blossomed as it could've been. It's like a piano version of How to Disappear but with less compositional motivation. I thought it was The Bends-tier fused with their Muse/Coldplay copycats. When I first heard it I realized the rest of the album was gonna be as emotionally unfinished. For some people that's enough but I just think they should have kept it more quiet and waited a few months til Thom pulled himself together.

>Decks Dark
Grooves off their post-Spectre style but could've been more.

>Desert Island Disk
Basically Hunting Bears and Faust Arp. One of those folky attempts they try every now and then that are nice comfy filler but that's it.

>Ful Stop
Something went wrong in the making of this. It's like they tried making Idioteque but had Climbing Up the Walls in mind. Very King of Limbsy but the melody isn't strong enough. I'd expect this to be a B-side from the other album.

>Glass Eyes
Daydreaming 2.0. Maybe Thom was watching too many old movies and crying or something but again, could've been more. I like the lyrics.

>Identikit
Ful Stop 2.0. It feels like workout music that you'd just stumble upon on Spotify.

>The Numbers
The "average" song of the album. An accumulation of everything you hear but again doesn't drum up anything.

>Present Tense
The only really likable song. Like a fresh spring.
If they were in this mood while making the album it would be much better.

>Tinker Tailor
Alright I guess. Too long.

>True Love Waits
Thom's voice is actually gone. That's what comes to everyone's mind here. Still, I come back to this version more often than the rest of the album.

>Unless you just pulled off some low-tier bait
What? If there are nine albums, and you say AMSP ranks 8th, you're implying that there is only one album worse than it, meaning it wouldn't be possible for both of the two I named to be worse.

My ranking
>Kid A (best imo)
>OKC (overrated but their most iconic/endearing)
>IR/TKOL (used to prefer In Rainbows but now I'm not sure, harder to finish. TKOL was underrated upon release, unlike AMSP)
>HTTT/Amnesiac (HTTT has more diverse tracks but is a crunched jumbled mess, Amnesiac is great but has a bad tracklist and needs the b-sides)
>The Bends (an average album by any standards, a high school treasure)
>AMSP (artsy but rushed (or maybe just on time :| ))
>Pablo Honey (even more average but is one of those albums that have a few good tracks)

Bottom 3.

>kid A
>AMSP
>OK Computer
>In Rainbows
>Amnesiac
>The Bends
>HTTT
>PH

Radiohead's discography is comprised entirely of shit, so it fits in exactly the same as all the other shit.

Ok Computer
In Rainbows
Kid A
AMSP
Amnesiac
TKOL
HTTT
The Bends
Pablo Honey

first post worst post

I feel like the only way to get a 10/10 from this guy is to just put King of Limbs at the top and then not rank any of the others. Only give King of Limbs the time of day.

How are you gonna hate everything and then say True Love Waits is good, that song is a fucking shitshow.