GOT season 6

Was game of thrones season 6 the worst season in tv history?

Except the good acting and a well made battle sequance, the season was a huge mess. This video explain in detail, why season 6 did not work.

youtube.com/watch?v=adDgvbyZwlY

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-hh-52ptifI
youtube.com/user/NewMediaRockstars/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Preston
Kill yourself, my man.

>Except the good acting

Hello Preston

It's right up there, man. Awful on every level imaginable.

preston is kino desu

What's up with all the preston hate? Do all of you people really hate the only guy who can think critically and see through all the hype and bullshit?

>can think critically
He's a fucking delusional autist. Even GURM thinks so.

watch these and forget about preston
youtube.com/watch?v=-hh-52ptifI
youtube.com/user/NewMediaRockstars/videos

Season 5 is just as bad.

The whole season was senseless fan service. The while thing had no substance at all and everything that happened was either because of reasons or SJW shit.

Whatever not shit that happened if at all, is nullified because of that "i make joke" scene. Goddam that made me cringe so hard

hes contrarian. Its enough for some /got/ faggots. But nothing more

This is objectively wrong only autistic Sup Forums contrarions agree with this, season 6 was better than seasons 4 and 5.

Why was it better?

It was pretty bad

It felt like they had no clue what to do with certain characters so they forced them into other character's stories to the detriment of those characters.

Seriously Davos, Brienne and Sansa had no fucking business following Jon about.

>well made battle sequence

>20 foot high stack of corpses

>total disregard for any realism in tactics or troop movements

>world beating jon snow plot armor

Books > show

So instead of discussing the guy's arguments or something you just throw opinions at each other and call it a day.

>reading that garbage
At least you have more fantasy options when it comes to books, pleb

i dont like fantasy, ASOIAF series is an exception (mostly because it is so good and its a deconstruction of the fantasy genre).

20 minutes of shakycam

Maisie's storyline was amazing. Nabbed an Emmy nom :D

The show was shit from the start. "Hurr durr let's Hollywoodize some great books" FUCK YOU.

I dropped it once I realized Americans were too dumb to remember more than one character named Robert.

I still think season 5 was shitter, Hardhome excluded

i didn't know people thought game of thrones was any more than some slightly intriguing silly shit. worst season in tv history? seems doubtful

Does anyone even take Memy awards seriously anymore?

This

Also, on a scale from emergency awesome to Preston, i would concider myself more along the side of red team review. I like the show in general but aknowledge that it has done some pretty stupid things. Still great overall though.

>Was it the worst season in TV history?

"Well except for the good acting, well made battle sequances, stunning CGI, amazing locations and costumes"

B-BUT! PRESTON SAID THE WRITING WAS TRASH

Daily reminder that Preston is a introvert virgin fuck who invests his entire life into a fantasy series.

His first encounter with a female:
"I stole a woman's Ironborn soup because she didn't pay the iron price for it, and she in turn stole mine""

The only people who watch Preston are people who also unironically browse Sup Forums and think its a great place for rational and intelligent discussion.

Weekly reminder that it was confirmed that Preston browses the /got/ generals. (unironically obviously)

The writing is the most important part. I could serve you a piece of dogshit on the most beautiful plate you have ever seen, with the best salad and gravy in thw world, but that wont change the fact that its shit.

I thought he has a fiancee

Great video. That Arya plot was terrible with so many plotholes

It was great. She got an Emmy nomination for it :-)

Dead show

Still believing that le memeys are given out for talent.

So after watching the video, all I can conclude that the plot is quite complex, the writers have set up the characters for a fantastic endgame and the this particular season is the wanted and anticipated crest.
The best season so far.

This. Finally someone isn't scared to say it

Am I the only one who thinks that Jon should have stayed dead?

He brought nothing really to this season and like the video explains, he becomes too mopey and just not caring about anything anymore whilst Sansa and littlefinger save the day.

>Literally never been more popular
>Dead

Explain that one

Season 6 is better than season 5.

Why did she get the nomination then? Her good looks?

This season jumped the shark

>hur winter's here
>daeny sailing to westeros
>arya finally became a game of thrones
>jon finally became a game of thrones

What's the point anymore no more tension just some white walkers who are easy to kill

God no. Season 5 with the Sons of the Harpy was way more enjoyable than this season.

I do wish their plotline wasnt dropped with them all getting slaughtered which contradicts how intelligent they were previously.

This season's Arya was shit. The pacing was too fast like I said with so many plotlines being dropped. No way is Episode 9 the best GoT episode... just because of "MUH BIG BATTLE" it was shit how they had Sansa kill Ramsay without keeping him alive. Despite what he did to her and even Theon. Having him killed was a mistake.

Except the writing was just mediocre and not "dogshit"

it took me some time to realise that this is sarcasm. You had me scared for a moment.

>Most popular show of all time
>with the most concurrent viewers
>with the most Emmy nominations for the 2nd time

DEAD

The writing was mediocore and lazy for season 6. Face it. Season 5 was so much better.

no it was dogshit alright. There wasnt a single well written storyline this season.

Much more fuckable like this

Ghostbusters is popular right now and that's a dead series

Dead show

based Preston

>Season 5 was so much better.

She fucked her way up

Dead show

Davos 'Uniting the Seven Kingdoms with blood magic is wrong' Seaworth inexplicably asks a despondent 'Mother of Demons' Mel if she knows any magic that can bring Jon back to life. Apparently she's the woman who showed him that... miracles... can happen.

So we're given a tensionless scene, the outcome of which is already known, with no reason for it at all. Why would Davos be so eager to resurrect Jon? Why would he think it possible? Why wouldn't it be the case that Melisandre wants to revive Jon after seeing a vision in the fire or whatever instead of MOPING? Would she not want to try what Thoros had told her about in a scene that we've watched?

Why does the resurrection take place AFTER the mutiny has been put down?

S6E2 is indicative of S6 as a whole I feel. They are just going through the motions now, wasting everyone's time and getting critical acclaim for it

eh fuck it

/got/ ban fucking when. It's off season there's no reason for these threads to exist

looks like discussion about TELEVISION AND FILM to me

I wouldn't even call aSoIaF a fantasy book. It's so different and subverts so many fantasy tropes that it can hardly be called one. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the book readers dislike fantasy in general. I do, but I love the books.

Also, why are they bad? Are you some /lit/ fag who quotes "sunshine saw her squatting" ad nauseam as a evidence of it being poorly written?

I think it's pretty obvious they know where they want the show to go, they know what the endgame is (and perhaps that aligns with GRRM's ideas for how things will end), but they've no idea how to logically get the characters where they want, and at some point just gave up on the notion of things making sense. The fast tracking of Dany's sailing to Westeros in particular feels like they were getting bored with her story and just wanted to get on with it.

I'm nowhere near as insightful as Preston, I have to admit I have trouble keeping up with the sheer amount of characters and story in this show, but even I thought Cersei and Jon's coronations in episode 10 made no damn sense as I was watching it happen. And Arya's story has been ridiculous.

Eps 9 and 10 were perhaps the best directed the show has had, though, they were pretty enthralling to watch.

Go to bed Preston