What's a really depressing and sad movie?

What's a really depressing and sad movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXy3f6f9DxI
youtube.com/watch?v=0WglfhdK3tk
youtube.com/watch?v=50-fWCXvhAY
youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

biopic on OP's life.

1984, 1984 version

the fault on our stars

Grave of the Fireflies

the boy in the stripped pajamas

A dog's purpose

The Great Gatsby

requiem for a dream

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

the Ghostbusters remake

Heaven Knows What

my window

Downfall

>mynigga.jpg

i cry every time

Not even sad

Jin Roh

10/10

Word

Anohana. It's an anime.
Now before you go 'anime is for fags', it's the only anime I've ever watched.
It's 11 episoded and ~5 hours of total playtime. I watched it in one go and was sad and depressed for a solid week.

Sup Forums: The Movie

The elephant man

The Story of OP in 3d or iMAX

cant go wrong either way.

flowers for algernon

Melancholia

The grey, fantastic film

Actually really depressing

Apocalypse now

you'll be really depressed that you watched it
>marlon brando is so fucking overrated too

plague dogs

>plague dogs
jesus how was I vegan/vegetarian for 26 years and never heard of this

Probably one of the saddest movies I've seen.

when john hurt died a few days ago, people kept asking me what my favourite film of his was, and i'd say this. none of them knew plague dogs. what a crime.

call me a faggot but this is the only movie that actually made me cry

just watch a couple seasons of Black Mirror

youtube.com/watch?v=SXy3f6f9DxI

A simple plan.

is it tear-inducing?

You may want to literally kill yourself after watching this

i didn't cry, but i found it very sad and uncomfortable at times. however, i don't cry at most things, so keep that in mind.
i'd recommend it if you're into other animated films like watership down or felidae.

Manchester By The Sea

Didn't know he had died.
I was watching some of his stuff a week or so ago, thinking about his work.
That's a shame.
If you like him, check out The Storyteller series by Jim Henson. It's special.

this remains one of the saddest scenes i've ever seen. one of the only films i've cried watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=0WglfhdK3tk

>You may want to literally kill yourself after watching this

Watching someone else's relationship implode was just uncomfortable

Christ, that movie was bad

I remember watching that as a kid when it first aired. The one with the demons scared the shit out of me.

seven pounds

anime is for fags

BOOOOYY

only the book was good.
you're a total faggot.

thats a sad one

then go watch GotFF. i guarantee itll top it

The Great Ecstasy of Robert Carmichael

Snow White

Nemam pojma

Can find them all on youtube.
He tells them really well, like he lived them.
I bet he enjoyed doing it.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a horrible tragedy. The beta male played by Jim Carrey is dumped by the emotionally abusive, non-educated, emotionally unstable, woman with a dead end job. Instead of him realizing he dodged a bullet he convinces himself he is in love with her even though there is no redeeming quality about her other than "lol she's so random and impulsive though!".

So he convinces himself he must get her back.

Never mind she wrecked his car while drunk driving, again, and called him a faggot for calling her out on it. What a gem! She really is worth crawling back to.

Eternal Sunshine pisses me off. Her dumping him should have been the start of the next wonderful phase of his life. One where he moves on from that psychotic emotionally abusive cunt who was going nowhere with her life.

platoon

the champ

Maybe je wasnt happy with who he was and she represented the change he needed in his life. Thats just one possibility. Dont be such a negative nancy

Je = he

I thought that was a comedy

Marley and Me

pursuit of happiness maybe?

Kimi no na wa, yes it was a bit overhyped, but it still made me cry like a little bitch

Just watched your link and it made me cry.
36, the cat me and my last girlfriend raised together from the day it was born. Its mother had abandoned it on the street.
That cat died sixth months old from an illness.
Had slept with us in our bed every night, and been through so much.

The girl is the only girl I've ever loved and she's gone too.

How the fuck did that get such a high rating? I saw it in theaters and was only left with the impression that I had wasted an hour and a half of my life watching a pointless story that had no actual plot or thematic conclusion

Hachi: a dogs tale
I actually cried watching it

How am I being negative? She had no redeeming qualities whatsoever other than being playful and random. She humiliates him in public for speaking his mind, wrecks his car while drunk driving, calls him a faggot, insinuates that she was out fucking somebody else before wrecking his car and says he has a "wormy little brain". He talks about how she was uneducated and that always bugged him.

So we can clearly establish that she is:
stupid
immature
has a dead end minimum wage job at barnes and noble that any high schooler could get
emotionally abuses him by torturing him and making him think she was cheating on him, it is never proven she wasn't cheating on him
she clearly has a drinking problem
he gets upset at her for drunk driving, again, indicating this is a repeating problem
she calls him a "faggot" during that confrontation
she then goes and erases him from her mind demonstrating that she hated him and wanted him out of her head

Why the fuck should be want her back. It was a blessing having her leave. And then when they get back together in the end she even admits that all she ever does is get bored with guys and leave them and he is like "OK" and smiles and takes her back anyways... WTF!

It's basically the story of beta-male falling in love with some abusive manic-pixue and being her little boy toy that she can do whatever the fuck she wants to and he will just take it, because he is a pathetic spineless beta who doesn't think he can do any better than her.

fuck that movie

The House of Small Cubes, I thought, was pretty sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=50-fWCXvhAY

Perhaps it is a good warning, if it is understood as a warning.

Dancer in the Dark, sad as fuck.

This. Great movie but very sad.

GUMMO

i'm not sure if the viewer was supposed to like clementine. i certainly sided with joel on every issue they had. perhaps the message is that we look for happiness in the wrong places, rather than a full-on statement that nobody is perfect, etc.

How can you say that when they threw that poor dog in the water?

You fucking monster

If you don't think that's the saddest most horrific thing in the whole world, you are a piece of shit

I heard about Fifteen Million Merits
I don't want to watch this..

thanks for sharing.

World's Greatest Dad.

melancholy

Beverly Hills Cop

Seconhand Lions made me cry like a little bitch. Overall, it's a fun movie but boy did the Lion part catch me offguard

>not talking about this last month when the author died
>comparing the heavily abridged cartoons vs. the great pieces of literature

Marley and Me

The Reader

The part in I am Legend where the dog dies

checked.
Feel like sharing the whole story, but it might be I never will.
Appreciated feeling some thing anyway.

The dissapearance of haruhi suzumiya is pretty sad. You gotta watch the anime prior to watching this if you want it to make sense. They're both worth the watch imo

anyone else watch marley and me with their family and having to suppress the tears and then you had to go outside to "get some air" then start balling like a bitch. Fuck i cant watch that movie ever again. Also the futurama scene where frys dog waits for him until he dies :(

youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls

the fry's dog part is fucking brutal :(

Waterworld

The Road (2009)
Lamb (2015)
Under the Skin (2013)
Sherrybaby (2006)

Before I disappear
Hector and the search for happiness
The road

benjamin button
I am sam