You tricked me into watching this garbage

you tricked me into watching this garbage

and yes I watched the tv series before it

Literally one of the greatest films of all time, trust me i'm a patrician

Was planning to watch this today. Do I need to watch the tv series first?

Yes you fucking retard. It's literally titled "The END of Evangelion".

Yes, it's a replacement of sorts for the final two episodes

Really?
Those last two episodes sucked balls and made no ense to the show overall

Anno is a fucking genius desu

OP here

I have 1 question left though

did she offer shinji to fuck her to comfort him?

Love & Pop is better

I used to think that until I found out about the rebuilds. What a hack

There is a condensed version of the show called "Death" that is part of the "Death and Rebirth" movie

Rebirth is the first half an hour of End of Evangelion so you can just watch Death and then EoE

The last 2 episodes are basically the last part of the movie but completely inside Shinji's head after the whole "Tumbling down, Tumbling down, Tumbling down..." thing

The two episodes and the movie actually compliment each other really well. Without the movie they can be a bit of a letdown for some people so far as a series finale goes, but I still found them kind of meaningful before I watched EoE (at least until the "congratulations" bit)

>There is a condensed version of the show called "Death" that is part of the "Death and Rebirth" movie
It's not just a condensed version, it also has new scenes and some scenes reanimated

>Made no sense
>Nigga either didn't watch the show or pay attention when watching it

He's the George Lucas of anime

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially Sup Forums.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.

The last 15 minutes of 2.22 are better.

lol Tomino is a literal hack and basically just made WWII in space.

>But everybody is morally grey

wew lad so crazy interesting! Not like the only discussion on /m/ is arguing which side is more evil and completely defeats the point.

Reverse production order except for Death & Rebirth which you watch first followed by episodes 5, 7 and 19 of the series.

>Kaworu shows up as a literal deus ex machina to stop 3rd impact

No

But we still have the original shows to watch. Fat ass George wouldn't even give us the that.

2DEEP4U

>0079 has one of the best endings in anime history
Why would you use Gundam here when Ideon's ending would be so much more appropriate? Amuro floating out to his friends after the war is over is nice but the entire universe being genocided by an apocalyptic robot-battle is the peak of Tomino's kinographic catalog.

Tomino. It even rhymes with kino.

Nagai > Matsumoto > Tomino > Ohata > Yamaga >>>>>> Anno

k thanks i'll give the full series a chance first i guess

>it also has new scenes and some scenes reanimated

Aren't they the same extra scenes and redrawn parts that are in the Director's Cut version of the show, which is generally the version you find online nowadays anyway?

I'm not entirely positive all of them are

If you assume he's had countless iterations of Third Impact to prepare for, it makes perfect sense he'd be ready for it eventually.

Says on wiki
>The footage would later be integrated into the Japanese Laserdisc and the American and European Platinum Collection releases of the series, as "Director's Cut" versions of episodes 21-24

Death and Rebirth does have a bunch of different music to accompany it though, so is still a different experience for completists

Also,
>deus ex machina

That is literally his role in all the versions, along with deus in machina.

Daily reminder that rei and asuka are both shit and kaworu is endgame

That was in Be Invoked mate, the TV series just ended with "everyone died, the end". No cool apocalyptic robot battle.

The easiest way to spot a pleb is their reasons for disliking Eva's finale.

Bait responding to bait. Not even sure if you actually think the universe was genocided at the end of Ideon or if that's part of the bait.

No, I told you it has generic anime flaws.

Evangelion is the epitome of "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. You see, the original series was shit. It did some interesting things with giant robots and christian theology, but it was shit. The entire series was the product of a man dealing with depression, whose medication was screwing with his ability to produce good content.

Anyways, the series ran out of money too late, and they were able to make some 20 odd episodes with their budget. If only it could have happened sooner. Afterwards, they still had 1 episode to go, but no budget. So they put up a bunch of crayon drawings and reused clips and voice lines in an effort to suddenly turn the show profound. They failed, but millions of retards the world over have since engaged in a collective roleplay with each other, pretending the series was good. They're so afraid they'll be accused of not getting it that they can't just admit it's a shit show. (inb4 I get accused of not getting it).

Evangellion is shit.

>giving a shit about anyone but Katsuragi and Kaji

This is particular shit bait. At least have the pretense of having watched the thing you're criticizing carried in the text.

Series ending was still pretty kino. Things were escalating for the whole series and then it ends on a vague note that implies their doom.

The whole universe might not have been genocided but a whole lot of people died pretty hard.

The action choreography is amazing though. Fuck the ending, 'Dance Like You Want To Win' is the greatest thing to ever happen to television.

>you tricked me into watching this garbage

Be grateful they haven't tricked you in to watching Madoka yet

I watched the thing. I wish I didn't, because that's several hours of my life I could have spent watching/reading good content, masturbating, or shitposting on Sup Forums. All of which are more meaningful and fun activities than the entirety of Evangelion related media.

partially right

it did many things that were new and exciting, and parts of it are still very fun to watch

the seinfeld effect is in place, it's been copied so much that its hard to see how many things it did well

That time in the movie, yes. The time she tries to fuck him in the show is her trying to comfort herself though

>watching/reading good content
Best sci-fi movie made since 2000. What is it?

there is an objectively correct answer to this question

At World's End of course.

>'Dance Like You Want To Win' is the greatest thing to ever happen to television.

My nigga

People shit on that episode all the time because the kids bickering is annoying as fuck and has all those trite "comedic" conventions you get in anime.
But everything else in the episode that isn't played for laughs, is really great.

you do

The part where Asuka stumbles into Shinji's bed while all we hear is white noise from the cassette player encapsulates a lot of what I like about NGE

>all those trite "comedic" conventions you get in anime

Do japs actually find those funny or is it just something that became an expected cliche part of the medium?

Is it ee-van-JEL-ee-uhn or ee-van-GEL-ee-uhn?

2deep4you

GEL

uhh