Alright you late night owl fuckers, listen up. I'm in dire need of some help and am at a last resort...

Alright you late night owl fuckers, listen up. I'm in dire need of some help and am at a last resort. I will offer someone $60 (Paypal, Steam, you name it) to write an analytical paper on Lord of the Flies for me. Only has to be 1.5-2 pages long, double spaced, MLA format. Nothin' big nor spectacular, just want it mediocre and done so My English professor doesn't royally fuck me tomorrow in class. This has to be finished by tomorrow morning at 6 am the latest.

Topic: Why Jack represents the id (or if you can think of an easier one, be my guest)

>inb4 you should have learned your lesson and just take the 0

No

>inb4 how can I trust you?

Listen man (or wo-man) I'm a very desperate college student who turned to Sup Forums for help, just trust me on this one: OP will deliver.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/DipsandChip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should have learned your lesson and just take the 0

>you should have learned your lesson and just take the 0

I think I actually got this exact promt on that book in highschool. Every year we had to pick a book to report on, and every year I picked LOTF because I already read it and I always thought it was fucking stupid.

The book is interesting to me I just cant analyze books worth shit.

I always felt that even for 12 year olds, the children w're too poorly written as being far too stupid and irrational even by an 8 year olds standards. They were inhuman chimps the moment the book started. A total of 3 characters are accurate portrayals of 12 year olds and one gets squashed with a boulder and another gets eaten because they thought he was a pig that could talk or something

What if I don't want money? Dost thou have tits to offer?

Whatever you need I have.

We tear the book apart in class, fucking connected it to Jesus and everything. This is a mini-paper so I haven't gotten to the first murder though.

If you can't analyze books for shit, why are you in college you worthless faggot?

This is for credit hours man, I just needa get through this and I'll be home free.

steamcommunity.com/id/DipsandChip

1/7

The complex novel Lord of the Flies by William Golding demonstrates that with more than one leader, social order will crumble and violence will break out. In the story, Jack becomes a leader, creating a separation amongst the boys. Simon is murdered, displaying violence brewed by fear. When both Piggy and the conch are destroyed, it symbolizes an end to social order. Jack’s tribe brutally murders the sow, showing the reader Jack’s barbarous methods of killing in contrast to Ralph’s more civilized tribe. The story harkens back to this theme over and over and is important because it shows how the boys become violent under the rule of two different leaders ruining all order.

2/7

As Jack becomes a leader social order falls apart. It starts to fall apart in the following textual evidence because the boys are forced to choose between Jack and Ralph as a leader. “‘Who’s going to join my tribe?’ Ralph made a sudden movement that became a stumble. Some of the boys turned towards him. ‘I gave you food,’ said Jack, ‘and my hunters will protect you from the beast. Who will join my tribe.’ ‘I’m chief,’ said Ralph, ‘Because you chose me. And we were going to keep the fire going…’” (Golding 150) This is where Jack and Ralph’s views of survival start to diverge. Ralph thinks fire is the most important thing on the island while Jack believes meat is more important. Jack’s leadership is based prominently based on his ability to appeal to people’s short term desires, wanting meat, and his rule through fear, bringing up the beast. When the boys have the opportunity to join Jack’s tribe or stick with Ralph, both tribes will be in competition with each other for greater survival, weakening both of them. In this quote, Ralph reminds the boys that he was voted in democratically as leader, a social order in England that the boys would recall. Jack is introducing a new type of social order where the mightiest boy gets to take charge. This is a crumbling of not only the boys’ social order, but of the social order they left behind in England.

> finished by tomorrow morning at 6 am the latest

What time is it there now? (as in, how many hours of work time does this give us from right now?)

Sigmund Freud had a theory related to how our personalities are formed, he called it ego, superego and id. Id is the unconscious part of the mind that one is born with. This is the part of the mind that allows the primary needs to be met, but without any thoughts to one's surroundings. According to Feud, the id is based on the pleasure principle: the id wants whatever feels good at the time without any consideration for the needs of others, reality, but only for self satisfaction.

For these reasons, I believe that the character who best represents this theory is Jack Merridew. In the novel, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, Jack's personality represents the id theory because he does whatever he pleases, without any consideration of the outcome or the situation at hand. Three instances where this occurs are when Jack goes off to hunt and lets the fire out, when the boys have a meeting and Jack uses the opportunity to gain control over the group, and finally, when Jack, along with Roger and Maurice, raid Ralph's camp in search of Piggy's glasses.

3/7

Simon’s death is when social order noticeably starts to crumble from the eyes of the boys. The following textual evidence is a conversation between Piggy and Ralph, both coping with the fact that they participated in an act of murder. “‘That was murder.’ ‘You stop it!’ Said Piggy, shrilly. ‘What good’re you doing talking like that?’ He jumped to his feet and stood over Ralph. ‘It was dark. There was that—that bloody dance. There was lightning and thunder and rain. We were scared!’” (Golding 156) This quote concerning Simon’s death portrays the violence that breaks out as social order starts to deteriorate. Though readers sees social order starting to fall, the only character in The Lord of the Flies who understands what is happening is Ralph. In this quote, Piggy uses the excuse that Simon was killed because everyone was afraid of Jack’s tribe’s cult-like chants and when Simon emerged from the woods they attacked by reaction. If all of the boys had been following Ralph, the leader voted in originally, then Simon potentially would not have been killed because Ralph was a less fear-inducing than Jack. This fear introduced by Jack led the boys to act violently when they saw Simon emerge from the woods, proving that disputed leadership can lead to violence and the destruction of social order.

4/7

The death of Piggy and the destruction of the conch together symbolize how all social order is completely destroyed. In the followings, Piggy’s death is used to emphasize the end of social order. “The rock struck Piggy a glancing blow from chin to knee; the conch exploded into a thousand white fragments and ceased to exist....Piggy fell forty feet and landed on his back across the square red rock in the sea. His head opened and stuff came out and turned red. Piggy’s arms and legs twitched a bit, like a pig’s after it has been killed.” (Golding 181) The conch represents the last thread of social order. It gives the holder the freedom to speak no matter how low they are considered by others. Social order can be maintained as long as a few basic principles remain, such of freedom of speech, or feelings of goodwill towards each other. The destruction of the conch takes away the boy's’ right to speak, technically. Murder is the worst crime that can be committed. Even though Simon had been murdered previously, the conch still existed and therefore there was still a hope for social order to return. The combination of murder and the destruction of freedom of speech together represent the demolition of all order.

5/7

Jack’s tribe killing a sow of innocent piglets becomes a direct attack on the social order of the family structure. The following quote demonstrates Jack’s craving to kill. “Then Jack found the throat and the hot blood spouted over his hands. The sow collapsed under them and they were heavy and fulfilled upon her...He giggled and flicked them while the boys laughed at his reeking palms.” (Golding 135) Jack’s values as a leader include brutality and blood thirst. The first part of this quote shows Jack and his tribe killing the sow and making orphans of the piglets. The second part of the quote shows that Jack is enjoying killing and not simply killing for food, but for fun. This scene of the book contrasts Ralph’s leadership, who does not lead hunts and often eats fruit. The divergence in their leadership styles are present in their survival routines, where Jack is violent and Ralph is not.

6/6

Lord of the Flies introduces the thought that children can be just as violent as adults with the theme that with more than one leader, social order crashes and violence breaks out. This recurring complex theme is seen through certain instances in the book, such as where Jack becomes a leader because he and Ralph hold different values. Simon is killed, but this murder probably could have been avoided if Ralph had remained the only leader, because Ralph is much less fear-inducing than Jack. Piggy dying at the same time that the conch is destroyed symbolizes an end to social order, because murder is the rock bottom of social order. Another great piece of the book to view the theme is when Jack murders the sow, metaphorically stabbing at social order. These sections of the book are very powerful and demonstrate this prominent theme; when there is more than one leader, social order crumbles and violence breaks out.

>everything is out of 6 not 7 soz

When Jack leaves with his hunters to go hunt the pig, he neglects his duties to keep the fire going. In this particular part of the novel, Jack shows his connection with Sigmund Freud's theory because he does whatever he wants at the time, without giving thought to the situation, or what the outcome would be. In this instance, when Jack and his group left to go on their pig hunt, a ship travelled by the island. However, since the fire had been allowed to go out, the boys missed their chance of rescue. After the hunt, when the boys were coming back with the pig, Ralph confronts Jack, " 'You could have had everyone when the shelters were finished. But you had to hunt...You didn't ought to have let that fire out. You said you'd keep the smoke going...' " (Golding 100). This quote further backs up the thought that Jack did what gave him 'pleasure' at the time, which was hunting. Therefore, because Jack was so caught up in his own needs that he neglected to keep the fire burning, the boys to missed one of their only opportunities for rescue.

Another time when Jack shows a connection to Freud's theory is when the boys are having an assembly to discuss whether or not there were any ghosts or beasts. Jack, thinking only of his need for power attempts to take it away from Ralph by causing a disturbance in the meeting and questioning Ralph's leadership in front of everyone. Jack ignores the rules of the conch and makes a scene, " 'And you shut up! Who are you, anyway? Sitting there telling people what to do. You can’t hunt, you can’t sing—' 'I’m chief. I was chosen.' 'Why should choosing make any difference? Just giving orders that don’t make any sense—' 'Piggy’s got the conch' (Golding 129).

Eastern US

Jesus Christ you beautiful bastard. Give me time to break this down but let me add you. So much love man, saved me from certain death.

Just google Spark notes dot Com and thank me later

It is clear that by challenging Ralph's authority, Jack is trying to shift it to himself. His quest for power blinds him to the fact that Ralph is the better leader. However, because Jack acts on impulse without any consideration for anyone but himself, he decides that the position of power should be his.

Yet another time when Jack's actions relate to the id theory is when he, along with a few boys from his tribe decide to raid Ralph's camp to take Piggy's glasses. He shows no consideration for others, but because he wants fire he acts on impulse and decides to take the 'direct route', even though it is later learned that Ralph's group would have shared their fire with them. “ 'That was Jack and his hunters,' said Ralph bitterly. 'Why can’t they leave us alone?'...The chief led then, trotting steadily, exulting in his achievement. He was a chief now in truth; and he made stabbing motions with his spear. From his left hand dangled Piggy’s broken glasses" (Golding 242). However, this quote proves that Jack, by bringing back fire, was showing his ability to provide, and further persuading the boys that he is the one to look up to. Jack's search for power led him to act irrationally and impulsively, which therefore relates him to the id.

Really shitty if you really read it, but on the surface acceptable. Probably good enough for OP. My old English I teacher would kill me if I turned in this, I just know it. Actually, I think I have an analysis somewhere..

This user right here. As far as anything goes, I didn't really do all that much, just something I lifted online. As it would seem another user did. From a different source, it would seem. Just break it all down, put your own words to it, and you should have more than enough to get you by.

And if you want to hook us up with some tits, I'd be much obliged. But honestly, you don't owe me anything. Just happy to help someone continue their education. With the way this world is going, we're gonna need as many of you as we can get.

Damn son

You realize there is no way they will believe you wrote this

Don't forget the sexual overtones of killing the sow
spear penetrating deeper and deeper as it squeals.
and remember that line "right up her ass"

Lol sexual overtones?

You've never deeply penetrated a squealing sow? You've never been to a college party, now have you?
:p

Yeah, go re-read that part. Wasn't so obvious reading it as a kid, should be now.