This cost $250,000 to make

>This cost $250,000 to make

And it was fine at the time, they tried to make the best of it. We can look back snidely now, but it's a non issue.

Make what?

>someone got paid to tell Chase this was a good idea

What the fuck was the point even?

It was just the same dumb arguments that they usually had, I can't imagine what it was supposed to accomplish.

i recently watched the sopranos all the way through for this first time

was on the lookout for this scene, or a scene in which his mom was replaced by bad CGI, but I didn't know when it was ahead of time. Must not have been that awful because I didn't notice it.

it's not even the CG that's the problem so much as all the stock lines she uses.

noticed this when I watched the complete box-set for the first time a few weeks ago, ruin's season three , after a quick google, they had to re-shoot a lot of episodes.

The sopranos fucking blows

I tried to get into it I really did. It was just about their family problems and poor jr got in trouble at school. Oh no, the daughter has a date tonight.

I thought it was a mafia show.

The Sopranos aged poorly. It is only popular because at the time it was pretty ground breaking for a television show. It showed what HBO was capable of. But if it was a show that just came out today, no one would be talking about it.

I watched it when it aired. It was not fucking fine.

>t. pleb

maybe breaking bad is a bit more your speed?

Don't wave your hankey at me Mah!

I didn't notice it either, but she literally looks like a spooky ghost in the screenshot.

What shows on now are better?

At the time i couldnt wrap my head around what was happening.

My brain was like, something is very wrong here, but i couldnt quite tell what, it was disturbing really.

The could have not made this scene and it would have worked out much better

Reminder that they were going to drag out the shitty Livia storyline by having her testify against Tony. She sacrificed herself for the greater good.

I watched Gladiator without realizing that Oliver Reed had died, then like the next year this embarrassing shit comes out.

Like this guy said, it wasn't even much of a scene. Should've just scrapped it.

Le epic troll.
No one is really this stupid..

nice bait

>S3 Premiere
>Carmela gets a phone call
>Tony your mother has died

Boom.
The scene was completely pointless.

>tfw every Livia scene was replaced with a Ralphie scene

BASED
A
S
E
D

The whole Gladiator scene is amazingly done. I've never watched it with someone who realised until I told them.

you have to admit breaking bad was at least more entertaining than the sopranos

tied up the airline tickets plot

What kind of fucking retard has to admit that?

You have to admit The Big Bang Theory is more entertaining than Breaking Bad.

I actually agree with this somewhat. I'm on Season 4, needed a good character driven drama after Mad Men.

I mean Tony can be interesting, but those dream sequences are fucking dumb in my opinion and it's some pseudo-intellectual bullshit that people ate up because of the
mindless drivel that came out in the 90s.

It has its moments but IDK, just nowhere near the caliber of Mad Men. Also I think Breaking Bad is utter trash oor plot driven plebs.

I don't remember anything being tied up but my memory might be failing me.

I don't like that kind of talk.

You can't accuse The Sopranos of being "pseudo-intellectual bullshit" and not apply that to Mad Men. They're my two favourite shows as well.

tony visits her to tell her to keep quiet about the tickets and say nothing, and that his aunt has already been sorted out. so with livia dead, there's nobody left to testify against him.

Why does Junior always go to consult with her?

She kind of hints at scaring Chrissy and whacking Brendan and Junior smiles like she came up with some kind of genius idea. What kind of shitty mob boss is he that he can't even think of resorting to violence?

I just think the dream sequences are pseudo-intellectual bullshit. It's a really poor vehicle for whatever symbolism and themes they are trying to convey. Also the sequence that led to Tony realizing his friend was an informant was just...retarded.

Mad Men doesn't have moments like that, save maybe the LSD scene with Roger and Jane which was still exceedingly well done and really crucial to his character's development.

So no, I cannot think of a single moment in Mad Men that is pseudo-intellectual.

why didnt they just get someone elese, stick a wig on her and film from behind her?

This, I didn't even know anything about this until re-using her lines in really fucking odd ways happened and I googled it.

Mad men does have a few moments like when Betty trips out when having the baby and sees her dad and Don goes on a trip in LA too. There were heaps of examples of them being ham-fisted with symbolism for a show that loved to flirt with subtext so much, to the point of being a bit pretentious.

I've never seen another form of media encapsulate what actual dreams are like, like The Sopranos has.

And today you can get a similar result with Snapchat

>d-d-d-dementia
Junior is surprisingly good for advice, hence why Tony always goes to visit him while he's under house arrest.

I think the main point The Sopranos makes is these people are all just that (people) with inherent faults and hair triggers. Like the fact Johnny Sack put everything on the line over a joke about his wife's weight or Phil Leotardo got so mad that Tony called him the Shah behind his back he started a mob war.

Tony had been suspecting Pussy had flipped for a while. There's the scene where pussy is so glib about the calling card scam, that fearful look he has when they maje eye contact at the barbeque, and i'm sure there's more.

Don't you ever fucking reply to me again without Ginny's 90 pound mole

I know it's bait but it still makes me mad to read something as dumb as this.

you think intelligent people watch tv shows?

You're a fucking idiot.

Nigga that's when Tony knew. Tony had been in denial up until then and was hoping it was Jimmy.

And Jimmy didn't flip.

www.strawpoll.me/10665251

why couldn't they just replace the actress?

>wants to talk to tony immediately after he gets out about illegal going ons

He was like a brother to me and he fucked me in the ass.

Gabagool?

>it's a Pussy episode

I don't get why they didn't just have her have a random heart attack. Tony never getting to really tell her how he felt.

Funniest scene in the series.

>it's a gay Vito episode

I enjoyed those episodes. Literally the funniest/saddest shit.

Absolute pleb filter if I ever saw one.

>tfw no Noah bf to cuddle with

OH LOOK THE HASIDIC HOMEBOY

9/10 troll

I hate responding to obvious bait

vito wasnt gay, it was a joke.

>dream sequences are pseudo-intellectual

Stupid kid

careful with that autism user

Who was the best 1 episode character and why was it Bobby Bacala Sr

>Talks shit to Junior
>Whacks 2 guys despite barely being able to breath
>Played by based Burt Young

Wasn't that dude in the Taking of Pelham 123 and Death Wish 3?
I always thought he deserved more screentime, dude was fucking stone cold when he killed his nephew and Guy Fieri's brother (even though he literally did nothing).

I WISH THE LORD WOULD TAKE ME

So instead we got Meadow goes to college. Bravo Chase

Fuck I competely forgot he was in Rocky, I always get him and Ernest Borgnine mixed up.

Yeah, but I really love how he was still brought up throughout the series. Like when Bobby admits to never killing anyone, Tony remarks "Your dad was the fuckin terminator."

Lol same.