What's with the collective...

What's with the collective, reddit-tier '''nostalgia''' for this mediocre flick that came out well before 99% of you were born? Is it an American thing?

BUMP

"But we were always at war with EastAsia"

>all my Sup Forums bros are my age!

I hate this place during summer.

Right, because the majority of Sup Forums is 30+ years old? Fuck off. Also summer is a meme

bump for answers

>reddit-tier
What did he mean by this?

oh man I am so triggered i am raging u mad piss on cat reddit ect.

>2012

I was here since 2008, before the rise of plebbit. Summerfags DID come in droves before then, now there's always a steady stream of newfags cause it's no longer such an exotic site.

And while I may not be 30, I am 26. I guess a third of the users are 25 and over. You youngfags are used to CGI and all that shit, but people my age bracket were enamoured with these types of effects. It's why I still have Avatar in my top 5, those effects were the shit.

Yeah the original ghostbusters isn't good so it's amazing that they managed to make a worse version of it

look at this mememaster over here

>OP

The traffic not increasing can be accounted for by regulars leaving Sup Forums for the summer until the retards go

>mediocre

tumblr whale detected

>before you were born

yeah we had these things called vhs tapes in the 90s you enormous faggot so you could go to a store and by/rent movies you wanted to watch

>you can only enjoy movies that came out when you were alive and old enough to appreciate them
Fuck off

Saw this film at the cinema in '84 - loved it - still watch it once every few years and kek to myself. This film was hugely popular in Europe too, and a lot of young blood get into the whole '80s nostalgia I would imagine, who wouldn't.

You just don't understand what perfection really is. Ghostbusters is one of the best movies of all time with the most replay value.

THIS IS SUCH LE BAIT XD HOW COULD ANYONE HATE BASED MURRAY

I agree with you. I watched it a few years ago, and it was so mediocre. Nostalgiatards are a hell of a thing. Look at Pokemon GO.

you are so embarrassing

Ghostbusters is the equivalent of capeshit essentially. It's absolute drivel made for teenagers that has aged horribly and has almost no redeeming features except for a couple of funny moments courtesy of Murray.

I don't get why you guys don't realize that as you grow up, you shouldn't have the same favourite movies that you had as a child when you had a literally undeveloped brain. Grow up.

reddit: the post

the first one was great, the sequel was awful

It's not just Ghostbusters it's everything made in the late 70's 80's and early 90's. Back then film and TV were the biggest sources of entertainment so their prominence was magnified tenfold. Of Ghostbusters was made today as a new IP it might do ok but it would be forgettable. People don't want to believe this because it means their childhood movies aren't that good but it's true. I see it with old star wars faggot they want the force awakens hoping to catch that childhood nostalgia but they can't and never will because that only happens when you were a kid.

If you honestly did not find this movie funny in any way. You're a failure as a human being.

I'm sure Scary Movie 3 is more your style nigger.

So your telling me that your ok with hollyjew rebooting a film franchise that didn't need rebooting? Say what you want about the original but no one was asking for this current onscreen abortion and it's about time people saw thru the bullshit.

American cinema is out of ideas. Nostalgia, "reboots" and remakes are the only ""safe"" money atm.

>So your telling me that your ok with hollyjew rebooting a film franchise that didn't need rebooting?

I literally, unironically could not care less. The only thing that interests me about this reboot is how angry it makes nostalgia plebs. It's mystifying to me how someone could get so worked up about a mediocre 80s movie. Ghostbusters (1984) might be the most overrated movie of all time

I never realised Ghostbusters was such a big deal until this remake. Don't get me wrong, it's clearly superior to this new piece of shit, but I still can't imagine anyone actually feeling strongly about it one way or the other. The only memorable part of it is the theme music

I don't think its the movie but the principles.

The Aubrey Plaza of male comedians

its a meme to praise much like calling yourself a """nerd""" and it has a safe meme actor every babby loves(bill murray)

I've come to realize that every movie that triggers nostalgia in millennials is reddit shit. It occured to me during the recent reboot dumping. Terminator 2, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters. All examples of the reddit tier "LE EPIN COMFY FUN MUBIE"

new thread

new thread

>

>bill murray
He is a walking meme. Even in movie's where he is relatively non-memey, it's still unwatchable since you know that every redditor watching is thinking about how amazing it is that their upvote actor is giving such a dramatic out of character performance. Resulting in the non-EPIN MEME performances actually being the biggest memes to praise of all.

Jim Carrey in Truman Show and Murray in Lost In Translation are the ultimate examples of the memed up non meme performance.

Yes it's an american thing. Americans like this type of comedy.

this post made you come off as a contrarian faggot.

its overrated. Bill Murray ,while funny, is grosely overrated.

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with childish sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, GoT, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there(Sup Forums). Or kill yourself.

Ghostbusters was dull

Groundhog Day is the superior Murray/Ramis venture

Murray has never given a convincing performance
He's always there looking annoyed to have to be delivering lines (and that doesn't make him a believable cynical character either)

What's with starting threads so you can reply to yourself, OP? Christ I'd hate to be you.

>I can't enjoy things because of their fanbases and memers who like it superficially

This is how you sound. Grow the fuck up and learn to have your own tastes, and not be influenced by outside forces on what you should watch. Stop being a teen you faggot.

you don't "leave" Sup Forums you mong

nice unsubstantiated theory, fucking faggot

Autism makes it more challenging for you to read people, so I understand your opinion.

It has nothing to do with others liking it. The media itself is inherently "MEME". I could have spent the last 50 years living in a cave in the jungle with zero contact with humanity, and if you had shown me Ghostbusters then, completely divorced from any kind of external influences, I'd still be trembling with rage throughout the entire 2 hours because of the meme nature of the film itself.

Is bill 'meme actor' murray the original meme actor or is it chaplin?

I like bill murray, but i agree that ghostbusters is overrated and mediocre as fuck. Its literally a glorified popcorn flick, but nu-males seem to have a hard on for that

I don't like Ghostbusters, I don't like Star Wars, I don't care for LotR, I don't care for Breaking Bad

I do love Sopranos though

Am I just a contrarian millennial?

The amount of times you used the word meme despite it having nothing to do with what you are trying to say, leads me to believe you are a fucking faggot.

You even use it as a verb. Fuck off.

FANOOK

Go back to imdb

Yes.

It's David Garrick

First 2/3 of Ghostbusters = classic tier
Last 1/3 of Ghostbusters = meh tier

Same goes for Stripes. Search your heart, you know it's true.

I've never cared for it because the premise of janitors with vacuums hunting ghosts seems retarded to me. But now after all that shitstorm and people saying how good Ghostbusters 1 is I might watch it out of curiosity.

GB 1 and 2 were my childhood films.
Spooky and I learned to appreciate real humor and delivery of punchlines.
I don't get why 2 is so disliked.
It isn't as good as the first but I love it all the same.

I love this movie and I'm German. I find the dry humour fits.

2 was made specifically as a cash grab

I can see it now that I'm older, but I'm still a softy for ol' Vigo the Carpathian.

Protip: if you have to bump your own thread, your bait weak garbage to begin with.

"This man has no dick" is still funnier than any of the forced "jokes" in CISbusters

Yawn.

thanks for the tip reddit!

*tips reddit*

HI OP

paranoid schizophrenia: the post