Is exercising worth it? Will I lose weight if I just don't eat as much or do I HAVE to exercise?

Is exercising worth it? Will I lose weight if I just don't eat as much or do I HAVE to exercise?

Other urls found in this thread:

traineddog.club
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dieting alone will lose you weight.. do you even science??

Consider this my cheat meal

Exercise is completely up to you. You will lose weight and even maybe gain muscle but it doesnt matter what you look like. I exercise and eat like a pig so it balances one another out and i maintain a somewhat healthy body weight.

I just stop eating when I feel too heavy. I'm 5'6" and try to stay at 110. It works for me

110 pounds or kgs?, either way thats pretty fucked up lol

jesus buddy 110? you must be a god damn stick!

Pounds

I guess but I still want to lose a bit more. 100 is ideal for me

thats very light, i think it would be healthy to put on 20 pounds

Nah fitness isn't just being skinnyfat
Muscles and exercise are important too but I'm not going to a gym

I would rather not. Whenever I gain weight it goes to all the wrong places

how old are you?

thats probably because the weight youre putting on is fat lol, if you're going to increase your food/energy intake you need to work out or you're just gotta get skinnyfat

counting calories works.
Count everything you eat or drink in a day
(I know it sounds annoying but there's an app and you learn what calories are in what after a while)
and eat 1,500 less a week
it take 3,500 calories to gain a pound 3,500 negative (or burned off) calories to lose a pound

working out will speed it up but it isn't necessary.

lost 80 pounds this way

18, 19 in summer

like 70% of humanity.

btw im pretty sure i could point out that you fall in to this category:

HAHAHAHAHAHA
POINT AT THIS FAGGOT AND LAUGH

That's why I don't allow more the the minimum of what I need

so you contest that dieting alone will lose you weight?

no he's just retarded

the average adult human is 5'3.

see
unless you have a medical condition, yes.

which is dieting in a form.

Yes, I do. It won't lose you any good weight. By decreasing your intake without using muscle, you'll lose fat AND muscle. Granted you can starve yourself for a long period of time, this will work. Otherwise, undercutting your metabolism by a couple hundred calories will net you very little long term. Just hop on an elliptical and watch netflix if the gym is so hard

that confirms what i wrote

ohhh, im drunk. i just realized we're on the same side.

do you think counting calories and dieting are two different things?

they're not

words are hard aren't they, kid?

>Will I lose weight if I just don't eat as much or do I HAVE to exercise?

where does it say good weight?

Trump is putting in place his new internet plan which will bar you from a ton of websites and water down your internet. And that's not the worst of it traineddog.club

read lower. i goofed and i know it

If you don't have the drive to put in the bare minimum then I'm sure you wouldn't have the drive to keep up with a 1500 calorie diet anyways, which if you're a guy, is definitely starving yourself

Yes, exercising is worth it. Beyond the benefits to your health, you will also gain increased self confidence and a general improvement in mental health.

Weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% physical activity.

>18
>110 lb
>wants to be 100

Wat

I'm afraid of becoming the standard amerifat

Or keep eating the same and burn 3500+ a week

assumptions make an ass out of me and you. lets keep it scientific ;)

>paying for a gym membership

Just get liposuction if you are fine with wasting money.

How do you get ripped without spending a dime?

There is no medical condition that allows the body to create calories out of thin air. If you don't put it in the body, it cannot be converted to fat.

uh nigga, if you're 5'6 and 110 you probably have no fat. you need muscle my mans. when i was 5'5 i weighed 130lbs

Okay, how is this
It is easier to adjust to burning an excess of 400 a day (while feeling energized and strengthening you heart) than it is to adjust to cutting 400 a day (going hungry frequently and losing muscle mass)
The ideal is in between

Part of it might be I don't even want to be a guy and when I gain weight I don't get a better ass (or boob's obviously). If my general physician will get me to an endocrinologist then maybe I'll put on some weight. for now though I'm just a skinny little bisexual.

you should be afraid of becoming the 1940s jewish standard

Still better than being a lard IMHO

>mental illness
Why didn't you say so, you'll never be happy no matter what advice you get

>2017
>still not being photosynthetic

oh jesus christ...

but that wasn't the question lol, re-read the OP, you're correct, but that doesn't make my statement incorrect lol, you're giving an answer to a totally different question

Lol you have no idea what you're talking about. I know from personal experience. A well balanced meal in YOUR projected calorie range will have you lose weight provided you gained weight from excessive eating and not from things such as thyroid problems or weight gain from muscles, its fat you want to lose not total weight. You don't need to work out to lose fat unless you're a jobless neet who sits on his ass all day doing nothing. You burn calories in more ways than you realize.

I guess. It's not like I try to be difficult or anything. I just don't like my body but it's not as bad skinny so I'll take it.

See a therapist.

Tried that. no dice. I'll just get that endocrinologist to help me next time I go in.

Medfag here. You need calorie deficit to lose weight. That means burn more energy than you consume. Ideally you should eat much less and exercise much more.

Eat things that are high in vitamins and minerals but low in energy to stay healthy. In short, eat vegetables but avoid carb-rich ones like potatoes and pease. Avoid fruit.

No rice, no grains, no breads, no pasta.

Eat a bit of meat for essential nutrients.

Do a lot of light to moderate exercise, rather than a little bit of high intensity exercise. Light-moderate preferentially burns fat.

Maybe you're broken, have you tried suicide?

you burn calories from literally everything, your metabolic processes in your cells are what burns calories. Any increases in movement accelerate this, but a lower caloric intake than what is required allows for your body to resort to using fat as an energy source. Muscles are not consumed as an energy source until you are in the later stages of starvation.

Always work out. Sure you can weigh less eating less, but people who do that have bodies that look awful. Also, after about age 26 you start to feel weaker in knees and other joints unless you work out.

To me it's like "do I have to go to a job, can't I just go social benefits?".

Both gym and job are a part of being an alive grown up, looking out for yourself and your life.

The gym I go to is only $10 a month. If you got monthly money for Netflix and Xbox Live etc, why not spend $10 on gym? It's cheap asf

forget losing weight man, exercise is extremely beneficial and the consequences of not doing it can be extreme. Take this from a 21 year old guy who has never had drugs or alcohol but I was diagnosed with osteoporosis last year

Define light to moderate.

I've seriously considered it

who is that woman? i could have sworn I've seen her in some bad chick flick

don't suicide bulk up and stop being a tranny fag

Trap?

Elizabeth Olsen

I also do not want to be a man.

However I am a man and nothing I do will change that so I might as well strive to be a good man.

100 would only be ideal for 5 6 if a woman or an 11 year old boy so post tits either way bitch

>Will I lose weight if I just don't eat much
>How do I not work
The body has a trick to help you survive if you can't find food, the metabolism varies with food regularity. Get to work you fucking sloth.

good mindset

Which is why I said a well balanced meal, the point I'm making is if op wanted to be a lazy shit and lose weight without working out like most people do, he can. Sure it'll take longer but it works. I honestly can't wrap my head around how obese people get so large.

Awh don't be like that, I was joking. Its not that bad.

TL;DR eat vegetables!!

Consider eating pic related: Lettuce, tomatoes and avocados. The last time I ate this was yesterday. Raw, don't use salad dressing.

obese people really are a product of a bad environment and their own stupidity. They have to be surrounded with bad food and people who encourage lazy behavior, and not know anything about proper diet and exercise. Most obese people I've met either don't care, or are the kind of people who think diet soda and reduced fat doritos are good for you.

Fucking depressing.

Eat once a day, and spend 16 hours fasting.

CRAAAAWLLLLINGG INNNN MY SKIIIIIIIIN

THEEEESEE WOOOOOUND THEY WIIIIIL NOT HEEEEEALLLLL!

What are you 12?

If you do atkins religously for 6 months you will lose at least 25% of your overweightedness.ie; if you weigh 250 you will lose 60 lbs.

It dont get any simpler than this:
Eat less than 50 carbs a day for about 7 days, this will put your body into what is called "ketosis" You can get some urine test strips to confirm yer in ketosis. Once yer spilling ketones in yer urine, you may increase your carbs to 100 a day.
Atkins basically tricks the body into burning fat storage for energy as long as it's getting enough protein.

There are side effects< but the side effect of being an obese fat fuck, (DEATH), is worse.

Says the guy quoting edgy music to a weight loss question.

burn more calories than you eat.
its the ONLY way to lose weight.

also targeted weight loss is not real. no program will "burn belly fat" or underarm fat or any of that shit.

Used to be this way, was 6'2 165 for a loooong time because I got sick and lost weight. Started eating lean meats and carb loading, 215 now in about a year or year and a half look 10x better plus much more muscle mass. Not much fat at all.

Water and green tea. Don't even touch junk food like potato chips. Ugh, obese ppl wtf

Off topic but any brave man willing to fuck pic related? I like her hair and I think she'd look good if she lost about 400lbs

one slice of bread is 25 carbs
Bread, sugar and potatoes are the worst things you can eat.
orange juice is harrifically fattening too

Example Atkins menu:
eggs, bacon for breakfast,
2 tacos off lunch truck (they usually double the corn tortillas so I throw 2 away corn tortillas are 10 carbs each)
Dinner nuts, olives, salami, cheesees wax peppers no more than 10 crackers, 2 glasses wine lots of water.

I cant believe none of the edgelords are dissing my atkins info

you dont have to exercise to lose weight. You will drope weight just by calculating your daily kcal consumption (there are calculators about that on the internets) and then reducing, say, -500kcal. With -500 kcal deficit you'll lose 2kg / month.

However, people are many times still doing exercise by going to the gym and doing cardio. I use cardio especially when i have ate too many kcals or i know i will binge later on that day. Gym is useful because the muscle mass eventually increases your basic kcal consumption, meaning you can eat more/you are on a bigger deficit resulting in losing weight faster. For me, exercising makes me more motivated about weigh-loss and when adding sports to my diet, i dont feel like eating unhealthy for some reason. As if the exercise would rythm my diet.

Exercising also has the health benefits, but who the fuck cares about that

You lose weight in the kitchen faggot. Stop eating so fucking much.

You cannot work off a shit diet unless you're an Olympic swimmer burning 10k calories a day. Eat 1200 calories a day or less, and watch the weight fall off so fast it'll make your dick look 3 sizes bigger within 2 months.

That dinner seems lackluster compared to breakfast and lunch. Appetite suppressor though, can't deny that.

Dumb question, but what about mashed potatoes? My step mom cooks it every night. That's probably why my half sister looks like a fucking whale at 9 years old (she's over 100lbs!!)

no one knows what atkins is kid so don't be surprised guy

its 25% percent exercise 75% diet, stop eating meat, cutting down sugar alone will make you lose weight, eliminate fast food... one thing that bothers me a lot about americans... quit taking your car to go a half a block... walk it... walking alone will make you lose weight, if it's less then a mile walk it, you lard ass.

I think its important to note that having a cheat day is very well recommended. 1 day out of the 7 have a burger and a soda or whatever your favorite food/meal is, then the other 6 out of 7 proceed with your balanced meal. This will prevent you from caving in on your diet, stops urges for unhealthy foods and gives you something to look forward to at the end of the week.

>implying you get ketones from low bs
Shit bait m8

Looks like a pretty shit salad.

My usual blend is fennel, purple cabbage, nappa cabbage, jicama, and some kohlrabi. It tastes better, lasts longer, and is more filling while also being cheaper.

Also salad dressing is fine so long as you don't use the bottled cream based shit. Take equal parts good olive oil and vinegar and whisk to make a simple vinaigrette. Look around for an oil and vinegar shop and get some nice infused balsamics. You can try out every one in the shop to see which you like.

baitpost, i will not fuck any woman over 150 lbs

You answered you're own question. Google potato carbs. 37g per medium potato, fucking crazy if you're looking to lose weight.

I just started exercising again myself.

I run my local lake which is about 2.5~ but I am conditioning my muscles for a second lap. I can finish a full lap. But I determined that either by this week or next week I will be able to do 2 full laps. Even though this isn't /fit/ maybe one of you can answer my question:

While I am doing this running, how can I work in lifting at the gym? Should I lift after running? Should I lift one area for specific days likes tomorrow I do my stomach and the next day I do arms?

kek

2.5m~ *

I think it's a bad idea, it's as if you're putting these types of foods in a pedastal or as a reward for yourself, don't do that, you're goal is to eliminate these types of foods from your sense of taste and reset to have a new one, having a cheat day will not help but make you cling and ultimately may make it harder, for you.

Come on OP. I refuse to believe anyone is this retarded. If you consume more calories than you expend you will gain weight. There are a variety of factors which can affect the amount of calories you expend (ie. basal metabolic rate, exercise, drugs). Also, rather than eating less and feeling hungry all the time, why not just eat less calorie dense foods? If you follow a plant based diet you can stuff yourself full multiple times per day without gaining weight unless you do something completely retarded like eat nothing but pasta, nuts, or other calorie dense foods.

I try to eat healthy and cheap because I'm poor. Does pic related help? I make this every other week and double the recipe. It lasts me a while with some jasmine rice.