Hey, Trump supporters, let's solve a little math problem together

Hey, Trump supporters, let's solve a little math problem together.

>Pedro the Mexican sells t-shirts in the US that his family made for ten dollars each
>Trump's 20% tax is put in action, which would force Pedro to pay some of his earnings to help build the wall
>Pedro decides to raise the price of his t-shirts to around 12 dollars, so he can pay Trump's tax while still making a profit of around 10 dollars for each t-shirt sold
>US citizens now have to pay 12 dollars instead of 10 dollars for Pedro's shirts
>Who paid for the wall?

None because I'm Canadian and I don't adhere to your customs or beliefs.

inflation did

The same people who paid for your free health care...

Fuck Pedro, my t shirt costs $5 at walmart

>implying idiots would rather pay for a $12 american shirt when they can get the same shirt from other poor people for $10

>implying the company buying the shirts would be happy with the 20% price hike on their purchase out of no where and wouldnt barter, negotiate or downright decline

The left is so autistic I cant even

I don't buy anything from Mexico in the first place. Their QC is garbage and I dislike supporting a corrupt country.

I don't wear tshirts, so it isn't me.

Oh, and tell Pedro my yard needs mowed.

Tl;dr

Trump is president for the next 8 years. You libs are sore LOSERS. BIG LEAGUE. Why are you so upset anyway. Trump is a great man and will MAGA.

So no money is made?

I doubt tshirt overheads are 20%. Either the manufacturer sinks all the cost, the retailer sinks all of the cost, the customer sinks all the costs or its split between 2 or 3 of them.

If the manufacturer sinks all, they go out of business, the retailer loses money and discontinues the product or the customer stops buying the over priced product

This isnt difficult to understand

I would tell Pedro it was in his best interest to pay for a portion of the tax, and then try to sell him my freshman economics textbook

Heres another math problem for you...

>America gives Mexico millions in aid each year
>America reconsiders aid program, and allocates those funds to build a large wall
>How many mexican corpses are necessary for the wall to maintain structural integrity?

Because they're SAD!

I like tomatoes. I pay the costs of supporting the tomato industry.
If you like Mexican goods, you pay the cost of supporting them.
This is simple economics, kid. You should be embarrassed.

then why you support the US?

Here's another fact, princess.
End-use consumers pay for everything. There is no VAT tax, corporate tax, or any other kind. They are all Stupid Taxes, i.e. politicos know that you are too stupid to realize, so you will ask for more taxes to punish your enemies, like Exxon.

GO TO Sup Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

School is hard, isn't it?
Have you found a man to support you yet, or is it still your mom's job?

>implying I'd pay $12 for a street vendor shirt
>implying I'd pay $10 for a street vendor shirt
>implying anything is made in Mexico that isn't made some where else

Ok, everyone, we're offending her.
Let's declare Sup Forums a Safe Space, with dick rate threads as far as the eye can see!1!

Don't worry user, they're all about to become liberals as you can tell from this thread.

> user, let me tell you about how awesome taxes are!!

Sup Forums is literally for this shit

>user, let me tell you how awesome crumbling roads and bridges are!!

>user, let me tell you how awesome crumbling roads and bridges are!!

Our infrastructure has nothing to do with building a wall. Try spending tax payer money on actual road and bridges.

here is this, there is currently a 40% death tax that would have been raised to 60% under hillary. that means 60% of your inheritance (if any) would go straight to the government. your family may not have much to leave behind but do you really want to just hand over 60% of your family's wealth upon their death?

barely read thread, assumed u were Republican

Best comeback ever. Honestly can say our schools teach such creativity in these stupid arrogant children.

kek'd

he roasted ur ass, get over it

>tell Pedro my yard needs mowed.
but now more than ever it's forbidden to hire illegals

Pedro becomes homeless because I can buy the same shirt and at walmart for 10$

Please Pedro is forced to lower price due to the equalibriam economic curve principle

Which means Pedro pays the tax.

Not OP but are you sure it's not you who's autistic?
$10 was an example, I'm sure products from Mexico are still going to be cheaper than products from the US. Especially if you kick out all the illegal workers and US companies have to raise there prices to cover higher wages for US workers.
The supplier won't have a choice and will have to pay the extra 20%.

Where do you think those walmart shirts come from? Either china or Mexico.

So I buy China at 10$ lol Pedro still pays the tax

Thanks for proving competition makes Pedro pay the tax

So you know how much china sells their shirts for you?

Only if china is cheaper? Lot more transit costs from china.

This.

OP's math scenario, though relatively simple, is reasonably accurate. The real challenge is trying to teach trump cheerleaders how global economics work. It's not even worth trying.

I know, you can see how retarded they all are by taking OP's prices literally.

What's so funny about that idea is that if Mexico is receiving millions in aid from the United States, what makes you think they can pay back billions fit the wall. We give them an allowance, how could they pay our salary?

Your proboem is wrong from the very first sentence
Pedro the Mexican doesn't sell shit
Pedro the Mexican got deported

The republicans blocked Obama from closing GITMO, dumb ass

Sup Forums - random
adjective
proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern
Anything goes

That's actually completely inaccurate. The "estate tax" only applies if the value of the estate is worth more than $5,490,000. Otherwise there is no tax. That amount necessarily excludes 99% of you hillbilly trump chumps.

Pedro didn't get deported because Pedro is a Mexican business owner exporting to the US you dumbass.

While no doubt it would hurt Mexico it will hurt the US too. All those cheap products from Mexico are going to suddenly get more expensive. And even American made products once manufacturers raise their prices to cover their increased wages.
It's the lower, to middle class Americans who are really going to feel this. Ironically the same people who voted for trump.

>Nacho Pedro sells for 12
>Price gap between mexican and American T-shirts is now smaller
>American T-shirts sales rise
>Pedro will have to drop his price or sell less
>Wasnt import tax to keep businesses/jobs from getting shipped overseas, why do you bring the wall into this, unless you want us to give an answer to a flawed statement??

Exactly. If you make over $100,000 per year, then you are in the top 10% of income in The United States. If you make over $400,000 per year, you are officially in the top percentage of American wealth.

It is reasonable to say then, that approximately 5% of the population at maximum will ever even have to worry about that tax. Unless you make six figures a year for a LONG time, then you will not likely amass over 3 million dollars worth of liquidatable assets to give away as inheritance.

Besides, our founding fathers wanted to tax the shit out of inheritance because they were fearful of inherited wealth and power. You know, like what a certain King had.

At 20℅ tariff to Mexico, cheaper than Pedro.

its simple Pedro doesn't pay taxes
Mexico doesn't collect in the same way as we do
and neater would he pay if hes an illegal

Mexico, because America is now making it's own tshirts for 10 dollars.

So how much do wholesalers pay for shirts from china? You must be in the fashion or import business right?
Or maybe you're just a retarded trump supporter with no idea what you're talking about?
I'd bet the latter.

>not knowing tarrifs are paid before the product enters the country and not as its sold

Yeah by the importer. Still a us company paying for it who will probably pass that cost on to the end buyer.

>run his company like he runs his business
>fires the 1st person to tell him no
I feel validated that it took less than 2 weeks for him to GO FULL RETARD

When people who are supposed to work for you don't do their job, that's precisely when you fire them.
If anyone in your family was employed you'd know that.

Except Mexicans do do their jobs. And they do the jobs Americans don't want to do or at the least want more pay for inflating the prices.

So dont buy mexican products?

> your image

Yes. Take that liberals. The dem's world can burn, because they tried to destroy mine.

Good luck. Most Americans just want cheap. They aren't going to pay more just because the product isn't Mexican.