Post your bike!

Post your bike!

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/5974667512.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/5982171669.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how do we know you're not black and that's someone else's bike

Yo.

Same model as mine. Harley Road King, I love it.

Nice ! I sold my 79 cb750L to get that fireblade. I still have a cb350f ( you can see the rear tire on the right side of the op pic)

Damn thats a big boy. Love the white walls

Yeah, people don't know what to think when they see a 20 something pull up on it, especially since I live in liberal Seattle.

how many horse power is that? Good low end torque ?

You've got an attractive bike. I bought mine for $500, in "non-running" (read: new battery and fresh gas) condition. Spent last winter doing some modification. She's apart for a full run-through, electronic mods, and finishing. I ran out of time last spring before I just decided to get back on the road.

Same bike, new phone so don't have a pic of it atm. Got it last summer. Super fun and fast.

gixxer brooooo . Very sharp

I'm not sure that I believe the guys who say they don't have pictures of their bikes. I take pictures for insurance purposes and for sexy time purposes.

I've always thought those look fun

Just remembered that I had posted a pic for the squids on reddit. Here she is in full glory

Dude, they make you look like a king's fool...but, are so much fun.

I actually use mine to get around on my ranch when I don't wanna take my Cummins.

I look like an idiot, but only to myself.

I love it.

What's a good bike to start on that isn't a sports bike?

BEST
BEGINNER
BIKE

first bike, I've only had for a couple months and I can't wait to get a 1000

I want one like that but blue

Find a used Japanese four from the 70's/80's. They last forever and will help you to learn the basics of maintenance.

Don't be a pussy. 600CC+ 4 inline or bust.

Sexy bike, man.

Whats your budget? Keep in mind you'll need gear so add at least $500

$2000.

Nothing wrong with a Ninja 250 man unless you're over 6ft.

A low-end Harley sportster is good, you can find one for under $4k used.

If you want to spend less and plan on dropping it, get a Japanese bike, xs650 or cb 650 are good starter bikes.

G S 5 0 0
S

yo whattup gixxer bro. I started on one too, go big or go home. I'm looking to get a Daytona next though.

What's a four?

That's a sports bike

Inline four cylinder.

Aka sex machine

That's a tight budget. Are mechanically inclined?

Deals do pop up.

It's a boring over 20 year old 500cc parallel twin making less than 50 horsepower, with an upright seating position, no fairings, shit brakes and shit suspension. What exactly is sporty about it?

Mein Neger

I don't really know anything at all about vehicles.

Cause I don't wanna die on Super fast shit

RIP honduh
day i bought it-two days later, 2016

ok a few more questions and I will determine the best bike for you.

your weight?
your height?
favorite band?

That will be really tough then to find a running bike for $2k or less.

I was going to recommend something like this: losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/5974667512.html

But honestly you are going to get yourself into a mess if the idea of wiring a bike scares you.

Save up some more. $3k will net you a decent bike.

My late 70's CB could totally pick up old motorcycle nerds, if that were my thing.

I hear those got great low end torque and plenty of usable power in the city

Don't listen to the people telling you to get muh cool hipster cafe racer 70s bikes, just get some 500 cc ptwin from the mid-nineties, plenty of them around for under 2k and reliable. Also get a Honda CB 500 instead of the Suzuki GS 500, it's better in every way at around the same price.
Get gear first (don't spend under 500, do NOT get a used helmet) and do the MSF course.

Never said it was sex you wanted to have

Around 150
6'
Modest Mouse

I actually do like that, but >200

It's true. What's the point of a 1000ccbike when I'm just going to work and back home everyday. Suzuki SV650S is comfy and fast, but not dangerously fast. The perfect bike for a beginner besides the GS500 in this thread.

But I do like old cafe racer bikes.

i usually recommend dual sports to newbies.

you can learn the very basics in grass away from other cars and if you fall it's a lot softer, you can get a taste of off road riding which you might like and unlike a chromed out shiny harley or sport bike with glossy expensive fairings if you drop it it'll just add "character"

650 class is big enough to cruise on the highway nbd (pic is from ~1500 mile mostly highway trip) smaller bikes are generally better for more technical stuff offroad.

pic related is my DR650.

DRZ400.

Can't wait till the new R6 arrives in March; already have my deposit down for it.

Here's my R3

Well last time I saw my bike it looked like this.

Your first bike will not be your last.
As your first bike, get something that you can reliably learn to ride on. Cafe racers are uncomfortable (which will put you off riding and teach you bad body position), overpriced and require work which means not being able to ride while the bike is taken apart yet again.
Seriously, get a generic standard bike, sell it after a year or two if you still want.

They can be expensive if you are not doing your own maintenance. It sucks getting stranded with your bike.

My 1996 Road King starts up and goes every time. The guy recommending mid-90's might be on to something.

I don't really like how dual sports look though.

Yep that's what I did. I bought a ninja 250 for $2600 and sold it for $2600 a year later. I even passed on the same key chain.

2016 FZ07 hooligan machine

Also mine, '84 shadow.

no pic of: ~90 KX125 (no title, traded a shotgun for it)

What's the best way to learn how to work on shit? There's no way I'm paying someone a small fortune just to fix something that I can do myself. I don't know anything all about engines and shit

Hmm, maybe a Honda Shadow! Those are cool bikes and affordable:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/5982171669.html

(as an example, I don't know where you live or do i?)

I see . Very similar to me so I feel very comfortable with suggesting the path I took.

Learn how to drive a manual car if you haven't already. Though very different the concepts will put you light years ahead.

Check out craigslist for a Honda CB750 .. If you'd like to go modern save up 500-1000 more and get you a Honda Shadow. Theyre low to the ground and easy to ride.

CATION do not take on a bike that needs work or comes with a catch of some sort for your first bike You'll regret it in the long run trust me

Looks cool, but I don't like the low seat

Nice M4 exhaust, did you to get a Power Commander for it? If not, you're most definitely running extra lean & WILL backfire like crazy.

Youtube videos

It can be harder than you think and might turn you off bikes. I just recommended the Honda Shadow. That's a nice reliable bike that's good for beginners to advance.

Nice man. Congrats on the purchase. Those new r6's are fucking sharp

Agree about the Honda CB.

How much does a Honda Shadow cost?
There are definitely other, better options that cost just as much.
Type in "best beginner motorcycle" on YouTube, there are videos for days.
Yamaha R3 is the current, undisputed champion in that class right now.

Oh man this is the bike I want. Can't find these used/cheap anywhere around here so I went with the Blade

2016 roadster. still a couple things i wanna do though.

Pure sex

2wheeldynoworks Tuned the ECU gaining about 7hp 5ft torque

love the tail reminds me of the hr2 a little

They are hard to find used because everyone loves them.. with the M4 it sounds like a V8

Very nice. Perfect color scheme. Is it difficult keeping the wheels clean in the neon yellow/green?

You can find a decent Honda Shadows for $2000 on up. They are reliable and easy to ride, and not sport bikes, which what the dude wanted.

I personally would get the ninja 250 as a starter if I were to start all over again. Easy to learn, light, and easy to resale.

the one posted above was 1000 in as pristine a condition as you can get in a 30+ year old bike, and

insanely hard. no matter how hard you try you will never get them clean longer then 15-20 mins. But the color pops so nice.

Ooooooooooohhh, okay. I didn't know much about the Shadow.
Cool cool.
Ride safe brothers, the new season is here.

The reason I ask is because I'm still undecided about which color R6 to choose from (new arrivals in March). They're all so great.

So jelly. One day. I fell in love with that bike as soon as I saw vids on youtube about it. Absolute hooligan machine and sexy as hell

on a R6 the air flow is better keeping the dirt dust and shit away from rear wheel. the front is easy to keep clean. the Naked bike everything gets thrown into the rear wheels. This was 1 ride on a dusty road that got wet ill never do that agian.

Currently own:
Ducati 1299S
2010 R1 convertor to streetfighter
Ducati 1199 Track only bike
Yamaha WR450 which has kit for both dirt and motard riding.
1975 Suzuki GT750 which is a cafe racer project....for last 3 years.

nice.

beside my Fz07 this is my R3 for commuting

It costs a week of your time trying to service four carburetors stuck in the middle of four cyllinders, and valve checks are even funner

You can see how happy she is after her shower, lol.
Looks really great man.

Nice R3 man, how to you like your Acro slip on?
I'm considering that one or the Yoshimura.

One on the left.

The Akra keeps it sounding like a 2 cyl and not a weed wacker 2 stroke.. gives it a louder deeper sound without sounding like your pushing a 300 cc bike 12000 rpm. Cat is still there also so no need to re tune the bike. The R3 is the best most fun little bike. for tight winding roads nothing beats it. can flick it around like a 125 dirt bike.

IT HAS FOUR CARBS?!?! *Gulp
You must have some mad love for that Honda buddy! If you decide to get the new, upcoming Fireblade... I'm sure your Shadow would understand.

beat me, you know you can't.

very nice indeed.

You'd ride circles around my R3 all day long my friend.

>liter sports bike
when you get old enough to start having back problems, post a good bike

nice
skinny little faggot manlets detected

where are the real bikes for Men? we've seen all these little boys toys before

2015 MT09

Yeah, my stock exhaust definitely needs an upgrade. Going slip on because, as you said: no re-tune required. Apparently the Power Commander, although gives it a bit more HP with bolt on mods & full exhaust...it cuts fuel off at the top, thus reducing its top speed. :"(

daily the fuck out of this piece of shit

had a R1 already for many years been there done that.