clyp.it/hk5s3zl5
youtube.com/watch?v=wNxsd0H1qfY
yngwiemalmsteen.com/
youtu.be/z3JNtwo11bg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mi2OU7Ux80g
youtube.com/watch?v=IMRPo-6MxnA
guitaralliance.com/guitar-exercises-2/endurance-exercises-1-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is the Jim Root Telecaster a good guitar /gg/?

>Telecaster
>with humbuckers

What's the fucking point? If you want a "metal" guitar, buy a Charvel or an Ibanez. If you want a Telecaster, get one with a proper Tele bridge pickup.

Cliff Burton is only liked because he's dead

Well, not with cat ears.

how do you feel about Deluxe Teles?

When nobody is home I dress in drag and play guitar.

I'm not a fan of Fender Deluxe anything, I don't see why anyone needs anything more than a US Standard/Professional Strat or Tele

A lot of people are buddy. But he erote the best songs and was the first bassist in metal to do be truly talented

> youtube.com/watch?v=Jkn8EE1AbvI

Fretting hand still looks fine to me.
Is it using one finger for each fret? Is it what youre talking about? I dont do that cause i prefer not to, and see no problem on it.

>Eddie vedder? That's what you're playing.
No, what im playing is Clapton, Page, Hendrix stuff. Eddie Vedder is I V VI IV stuff (society f ex).

>All you're doing is running up and down scales then playing the root at the end plus using some cliche hammer on stuff.
Scales up and down is not all thats on that video

>How about Chopin, mozart and Paganini.
Good idea. I'll consider looking classical up though i dont feel motivated to.

>Put down, the electric, pick up a nylon and then you're forced to become good at the instrument.
I have a cheap nylon laying around, where i do almost all of my practice and playing besides recording.

>But seriously, take a step back take some beginner lessons you need them I think you could really really really really benefit
pls tell what aspects of the playing are these

>knuckles looked like they were at 90 degree angles
Isnt it how its supposed, the correct technique? I played more parallel to the fretboard before, and after i worked on fretting with the tips the playing got easier and cleaner

>You could use some fingering guides, just check youtube for it
whats that about

>try to keep your thumb in the middle of your guitar's neck, it helps with reach, when you start moving around faster.
Yeahh. I realized i had to do that when i started playing scale runs and trying to play faster. see youtu.be/3U8qPR3PB9Q

Are you fucking retarded

Bridge popped off when I was restringing and cleaning this guy for the first time. There doesn't seem to be a way to tell which way it clips in. I'm inclined to think I may have it backwards but figured I'd post pic related to see if someone has an idea

Take to that local Luthier of yours, I hear they're real good in Austin

Yes, he is

argh you have your hands picking and fretting a guy's strings?

Zing! Nice man

In your opinion, what's the worst instrument manufacturer and why?

> Implying any pick is more universal

agreed

Those are hipster picks

literal garbage

Jazz iiis make everything feel like butter, I've played everything from doom and black metal all the way to jazz and bluesey bluegrass/country over the past 7 years, no other pick feels this good

Those are the best entry picks, but Dunlop Tortexs are the best when you start to step it up a little.

The deluxe series is Mexican guitars made with American parts.

I used Jazz III's for a long time, but now I use these which are a bit bigger and thinner. My technique has improved a ton with them, and they're more versatile in my experience.

I've used these for 10 years now and am too scarred to try anything else.

Does anyone know Jerry Cantrells amp settings for live shows?

This reminds me of They're good picks, but for me they're a little thin for how small they are, if it's bigger than this one then I think I'll have to give it a try

I'm interested in this. I am looking for a pick that will last longer than nylon but has similar flexibility. doesn't have to be exactly the same or anything, but it'd be nice to not have to go to a very much thinner pick to get the level of flex I like. I was thinking of getting the new tortex flex picks.

why bother

Does anybody know if the RG752 in Nebula Green was just a limited run or if they will come back in stock? I have checked everywhere but nobody has any and I know they had a few limited edition finishes

youtube.com/watch?v=tlqyz02I25I

I sweat I could watch Premier guitar's rig rundowns till the day I fucking die

Meshuggah's guitar tech is a fucking legend from those

Pic related have been my main picks for a while now, should I switch to the sharp version or are these fine?

Those suck, switch to 2mm stubby's

Does anyone here play fingerstyle? Post your nails. I've been growing mine out and I want to know how to cut them.

Those are my fav's, I use nothing else.

I only play Jazz iii nails you fucking pleb

Anyone else into Drone Guitar?

clyp.it/hk5s3zl5

Literally did this exact thing (although now I use 3mm Stubbies) and can confirm that the Stubby picks are superior, possibly GOAT.

dont cut them

You most likely won't be able to find a popular Prestige model in a shop, they sell super fast when they get them in. You'll have to find an Ibanez dealer and order through them and wait a few months for your guitar to arrive

Telecaster necks on Starts are GOAT

Oh yeah, I'm ordering online. I was just wondering if this specific finish was a limited run or a standard production finish. I know the had a purple and blue burst that only had a few 100 made

The nebula green bursts are standard production. Do you have a pic of a purple-blue one? Never saw or heard about one of those

hmmm all I could find was this video, that's where I heard about it while looking through reviews on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=wNxsd0H1qfY it looks sick though

Are you still there user

Did anyone hear from LesPaulNeckSanding user? did he finish? how did that go?

is /r/guitar outmemeing us?

Not him but I'm doing a similar project. If /gg/ is interested I could post updates every once in a while.
All I'm doing is putting my own guitar together though

i'll start sanding my condor Les Paul's neck too
been wanting to do that for a while and seeing him doing it gave me courage

Did Yngwie photoshop himself to look thinner on his site?

yngwiemalmsteen.com/

Still looks fat

I use stubbies as well, but I'm thinking of switching to tortex for rhythm. I just feel like some flex opens up a few flashier picking patterns in bluegrass when you want to play the bassline and rhythm very quickly.

>playing near me next month

oh how about that. maybe ill go if he isnt charging a small fortune for tickets.

Well, wait for him to post results. Everyone seems to say it's a bit risky.

also I find it much easier to pick further from the bridge if I'm using a thinner pick, and I want to be comfortable there for a deader sound when needed.

The pole heights align with the strings. so I'd imagine that's correct.

>play for 2 and a half years
>solo like this

youtu.be/z3JNtwo11bg

skip to 3:28

> youtube.com/watch?v=Jkn8EE1AbvI

What can learn from that? As time goes your soloing turns into just playing scales up and down

What chords do you use dude? Are those only power chords?

Unless you're studying proper classical, there's no particular right or wrong with nail length.

Lots of people don't even pick with their nails, but pluck with their fingertips instead.

>playing for 2 years
>cant even into anti solo
feelsbadman

into what

What's the proper pickup height for a strat? what does adjusting them lower or higher accomplish?

anti solo

UNRIFFS
N
R
I
F
F
S

keep the neck one flush with the pickguard, and ajust the others to match the neck one' volume

will have to raise the neck's trebly side to get its volume even with the bass strings

what is that

As long as the strings don't hit them and pop, whatever you think sounds good.

Closer to the string=hotter sound. I like humbuckers as close as possible but single coils sound fine all over the place to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi2OU7Ux80g
2:05

This bad boy just game in today

It's like a riff but the opposite

The whole drone meme is getting old

youtube.com/watch?v=IMRPo-6MxnA

This desu

I wish I had the slightest idea about what you're blabbering on about

I just did spider and trilling excercises for like 3 hours straight, my hands are so much looser and this is amazing

the feeling is great isnt it?
do it also with only hammerons/pullofs, and with the intervals of scales instead of spiders too

are guild any good

also congratulations for the effort

what are these trilling exercises?

My band's first show is in a week and I hate our fucking music so much
I started it with an idea in mind and somehow the friends I recruited ended up doing something completely different and never show up on time to practice (and are usually wasted when they do) and just generally spend the entire time doing their own thing
I wish I could cancel it but it's too late and I'm worried that people will hesitate to book me when I'm in a band I actually care about if I cancel my first fucking show
I tried so hard for this and now it's all fucking terrible and I hate it
shit

Just kick them out

You know just hammering on and pulling off two notes over and over really fast. guitaralliance.com/guitar-exercises-2/endurance-exercises-1-5/

It helps with finger independence and loosens stiff tendons really well

Just do the gig and get the fuck outta there as soon as you're able to. I've been in a similar situation and it's not worth your energy nor your time.

>band

Just make underground dissonant melodic ambient black metal in your basement and release on bandcamp you fucking retard

I don't want to kill my friendship with them, they're normally fun dudes they're just shitty fucking bandmates
I'm almost definitely just going to give up on this one and start something else with someone who knows what they're fucking doing but that doesn't fix the show

it aint fulfilling if youre alone

What can you guys recommend for someone getting their first real bass? I was thinking a Mexican Jazz Bass but what do you guys think?

Sounds fine

>Another 5 hours of sanding
>12 hours total

Neck still feels pretty solid. Should I leave it like that or keep sanding?

Why is playing and singing at the same time so hard? My strumming goes completely off so I can only do one or the other. Any easy songs to practice this that you guys know of?

THE FUCKING JOINT
YOU REACHED IT
HOLY SHIT YOU REACHED THE FUCKING JOINT

kiss 2000 man, rhythm is just straight strums
also songs that the guitar follows the vocal line, like kiss' talk to me

all up to you man, I would stop when it's as comfortable as you want it to be. Still far from an axcess type cutaway that Gibson does.

why the fretted notes go out of tune on that vid

>floyd
argh
>plus contoured heel
its gibson's modern fag's les paul model

i would stop if it were mine
it is already even and soft, you already got rid of the bevels

I'll give the advice I got when I was contouring my guitar's body. Stop as soon as it's comfy. No need to make it a "standard" shape or good looking. Hold in playing position and feel it out.

why you contoured a body

to add to this, it looks like you could take a bit from the back of the body still, leaving the neck mostly alone, if it isn't quite comfy yet.

I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND