Memes aside what did you think of the Dark Knight

memes aside what did you think of the Dark Knight

Over rated. If that gay cowboy actor didn't die his joker would be forgettable

Awful save for Ledger as le random anarchist man. He is literally the only redeeming part, the only thing with a pulse. "Batman" is ineffectual and silly. The direction is clumsy and uninspired, Nolan's dialogue typically laughable. BvS, Watchmen, MoS, GotG, Ant-Man, the Avengers flicks and so much more capeshit blows it out of the water. It's cute many of you saw it at a ripe young age, but it's bad.

It was the best movie ever when I was 16, now I don't give a shit about it.

good cape shit movie because it has two of the better villains in a capeshit movie, perfectly played

Bale is a garbage Batman and I couldn't take Michael Caine seriously as Alfred

9/10 really good but I like Batman Begins more

This.

Weak man kills himself and people attribute that angst into the joker character.

Since it was fake fame in another 10 years this joker will be forgotten.

SIZE OF A TANGERINE

best capeshit movie by far

overrated but ok. if it wasnt for the joker...

everything involving wayne and that faggot whom blackmails him and the shit in china was fucking cringe

also too forced and cliche with the hostage situation.

8/10 at best

7/10 film though.

>Bale is a garbage Batman
Clooney's batman is better

The pacing is way to fast and way to straightforward
They are like: we have to do this thing
>cut to them doing this thing

The boat scene is boring and laughable

The action, specifically the chase scene with dent in the armored car, was either poorly directed or edited. Point of reference was almost non existant making it difficult to keep track of exactly what happens, where characters are in relation to each other and pacing

The Jim Gordon being dead plot was literally fucking nonsensical. Anyone could have "caught" the Joker at that point in the film where Jim did. None of it required him at all.

Also his stupid fucking bomb in the stomach plan, planning for himself getting caught or whatever.

the hostage situation and "choice" at the end between dent and maggie jelly was contrived and felt forced

It was a shitty cliche terrorist police drama with Batman slapped onto it.

Everything the Joker says is about the conflict between him and Batman. There's nothing hinted at by the Joker, it's all speaches that make it very clear why he has an issue with Batman. The nature of the conflict and its symbolic meaning are laid out bare by straightforward dialogue.

The villains in this movie look directly at camera and say "HERE IS MY GIMMICK, BATMAN HAS TO BREAK HIS 1 RULE TO STOP ME." Jesus Christ, even Batman looks at the camera and explains why he's taking the fall for Two-Face.

Then there's narration by Gordon explaining again why Batman is taking the fall for Two-Face, he's telling his son who is the stand in for the audience in that moment. TDR is literally using a child as the audience surrogate at the end. And not in like a 'lost innosense' sort of way, but a 'you're too stupid, let the adults explain it to you' sort of way.

youre right im rate it even worse what was i thinking.

6/10 at best

3-4/10 film

>but a 'you're too stupid, let the adults explain it to you
Or Nolan wanted the setup for the final movie clear as rain.

The ending to interstellar is perhaps one of the most pompous cliche pieces of shit you could ever make when literally going over 2 hours trying to emulate kubrick and doing better than anyone has

I've yet to see it. Making a good ending is not easy especially if you don't want to leave the audience confused or disappointed. It's the last thing they see and on their mind.

One of the very best comic book/superhero/capehist films, definitely the best Batman one.

Most complaints people have about this film on Sup Forums, are going to come from a place of resenting its popularity, memes, and general cultural thumbprint.

It was well done in every regard, sure, not without some nitpicks or shortcomings here and there. Still a powerful and intelligent movie.

Large man. To you.

>Most complaints people have about this film on Sup Forums, are going to come from a place of resenting its popularity, memes, and general cultural thumbprint.

None of these. It was sloppy, dour, empty, ugly. Batman's ineffectual in his own flick. Plot hole after plothole. There's nothing powerful or intelligent about it. Referencing terror and surveillance does not a deep film make.

he's about on par, Keaton, West and even Affleck are better

Very good movie if you can suspend disbelief but most of the last 1/4 of it is dogshit by any measure

"does not a deep film make."

I think you mean "does not make a deep film."

Exactly what i'd expect from the anti-Nolan memers. Stick with BvS.

>The Joker

Didn't tell a single joke

decent capeshit

This, desu. Watched it again like a year ago, the thing that struck me was how impressed with itself it was, and how it didn't really felt like it deserved that anymore
>He doesn't think the Joker is the best thing about TDK

Very good, I hate the climax though.

It just looks very rushed and cheap, IMAX doesn't help.

Not as good as Batman Begins on reflection.

I think you might have mistakenly watched a mirror for 3 hours.

the ending is given away in the first 5 seconds

I thought it was really bad, probably the worst Batman film ever. The first hour or so is passable, but then it completely falls apart.

I watched it again recently and loved it just as much as I used to. I don't care what people say, The Dark Knight captures an amazing sense of momentum. It constantly feels like it's in motion, and the excitement hardly lets up. Plus it has plenty of memorable scenes.

On point all around, every scene with Heath Ledger was great, the first scene really played to the character and introduced a "better class of criminal". Easily within the top 100 movies of all time, aimed at edgy 16 year olds maybe, but the wizard of oz is aimed at kids and you can put aside you cynicism and admit it deserves a place.

Here's the thing user - if you're going to act like an authority, provide me with definitive examples of what The Dark Knight fails to do, by where it is done right. How would you have made it "right"?

its not top 100

The only rewatchable movie Nolan ever made

It was the best modernized representation of the essential conflict between the characters of the Batman and the Joker, that could be delivered through a 2hr + blockbuster.

its #4 on the most reliable internet list imaginable :')

>Here's the thing user - if you're going to act like an authority, provide me with definitive examples of what The Dark Knight fails to do, by where it is done right. How would you have made it "right"?

>Here's the thing
>could you make a better movie i doubt it!

Jeez dude, watch more films. Not here to provide you with a thesis.

I would have made it right by waiting to see what Affleck does because he already defined the role in half a film. Nolan's Batman was an innefectial dweeb who threw punches like a novice, fought a couple criminals before retiring to weep in the mansion, hobbling around for eight years instead of fighting a never-ending war on crime.

Just as Batman telegraphed his punches, Nolan telegraphs the meaning/themes of this film with exposition, as he always does. Obvious, plodding, inartful. It's bad, from top to bottom. Dialogue, direction of action or fights. Seriously, watch more films.

9/10 up until the hospital explodes

The Two Face plotline was badly undercooked and the Joker finale just didn't live up to the earlier set pieces

:D

Ok and how would you have made it better?

Of course I'm putting the weight on you. You're speaking strongly without much behind it.

I don't think it's perfect. I watch plenty of films. If I was asking too much, maybe you could provide me with examples of films that cover the same ideas and themes in a better manner? Or style and characters? I'd like to know where your bar's at. It could "educate" me.

memes aside what do you think of this 5

Have you forgotten "well hello beauty"?

Replace the entire cast with poorly painted portaits of gourds.

This desu.
Watching it right nor for the first time in years and it's well shot and acted. At times the pace is a bit clunky and the editing is just a bit sloppy at times but beyond that it's wonderful. The camera work is about as far away from Hollywood as a Hollywood comicbook movie is able to get, with its movement and color grading evoking something darker then the norm.
There are some things in the movie that are a little wand waving in terms of how we get there (how a whole hospital got rigged with explosives, for example) but if you excuse those and don't let them bring down the rest of a movie for you then it's real good. And if you do let that bother you you're an autistic faggot.

Not him but I would have saved Two-Face for the next film instead of trying to develop and kill him all in one film.

Also fix Batman's voice. Then it would be perfect.

apology for poor english

when were you when heat legend dies

i was sat at home drinking brain fluid when fred ring

'heat is die'

'no'

and you?????????????

was it gut?

Fully agree.
It has some hiccups,but wasn't unwatchable like BVS theatrical cut

The opening is one of my favorite scenes in a movie to date. That said, Batman Begins was better to be honest

I liked it. I enjoy the whole trilogy.

Wow I hate Batman now

It is the best blockbuster since The Empire Strikes Back.

Holy shit you can't say that

I like it, and I think it's the best movie in the trilogy, although this isn't my favorite Batman series of movies.

It also works good as a sort of stand-alone movie, as there isn't really any big need of watching Batman Begins to understand this. I watched this movie with a friend who didn't watch any other Batman movie and he understood everything well, so at least you don't get the BVS problem of alienating the audience because they don't get shit.

That and I watched this movie with latin american dub where Batman's voice isn't as horrible, so maybe that plays a part in my general opinion

RIP Dunhier