How often do you think about suicide?

How often do you think about suicide?

Never. I'm a pretty great person.

I'm happy for you, are you currently in a relationship?

All the time. Not me, but others committing suicide

"...!"

On a daily basis

but too lazy to actually go through with it

wrong thread, kys

Whenever I'm sober, so almost never

My bad!

Never, im too fucking awesome.

Never/ I'm a pretty shitty person. But I'd rather die by doing what I enjoy no matter how depressed I am. Booze is my best friend

A few times a day. Usually at night or when I'm alone with nothing to distract me.

Almost every day. It's pretty natural.

But don't be sad OP :c

What kind of person is the person closest to you?

Married, two amazing kids.

It used to be pretty much every day. Now I smoke weed whenever I'm not at work and only think about it like once a week while being more productive during the rest of the week.

just in the morning

What is the main life lesson you want your kids to learn?

Do you feel fulfilled at the end of a day?

I don't actively think of committing suicide anymore and haven't for years but I'm frequently reminded of my suicide attempt - I jumped in front of a bus seven years ago, so I often think of that when I see buses or trains (as I had originally planned to jump in front of a train but bottled it).

Glad that my attempt failed, my life is going pretty fucking well now. Also feel a lot of guilt towards the driver and passengers who witnessed it.

daily, but I have the conviction of not attempting. Some times is just for fun like: "If I do it this way, no one is going to find out, or they can't stop me" or if it's painful or expensive.

What anime sir?

Also every other hour until recently, then it got somewhat better.

Wife and kids. Then grandmother, has dementia, getting bad but shes still real af.

Are you still unsatisfied with yourself/your life? What is it what you're unsatisfied about?

Keep your goals high, and your feet on the ground. Have a dream job, but learn a real trade if all else fails.

Gunsmith Cats

What happened "recently" to make you feel better?

I think about what would happen if I committed suicide at that point pretty often, but I don't actually want to or are depressed enough to ever want to do it, but that's really with any way of dying.

No, I'm fairly satisfied now. I'm doing fine financially and am training towards a career in quantity surveying, which I'm very good at and enjoy. I no longer take drugs to excess, I smoke pot once a week and get drunk maybe two or three times a year. Have been in a relationship for the last three years.

Seven years ago I was taking a pointless university course I hated, had some really appallingly poor friends who wouldn't have pissed on me if I was on fire and took a fucking shit tonne of drugs, leaving the house only to get food or more weed. I was fucked in the head. Luckily I was so tired when I jumped in front of the bus that I didn't even realise how slow it was going (15 - 20mph) and came away pretty unscathed - I had fully intended to die however and remember on hitting the ground thinking "oh shit I'm not dead". Spent a short amount of time in psychiatric hospital afterwards and fully recovered after around a year.

When you hit the bottom of the abyss, you start asking the more important questions and realize that the only way you can go is back up.

Tbh my life isn't all that bad, but my self-value is completely shit.

My most important question was "when was the last time you were even moderately happy?", the answer being over 10 years ago and I also knew why. So now I've got some new goals to work towards to. I can't recover the past or go back, but I can move to a better future because of those experiences. I now know what I should want and where I should go. That in and of itself helps a HUGE fucking lot.

You seem like a decent person

The thought of suicide comforts you?

Never.
Based finnish memes keep me alive, I inhale air and exhale zeus-tier memes

I'll answer that question with a meme

Every second of every day.

What has mainly helped you regain a healthy view of yourself?

Often. But i'm realizing it's more like... an automatic thought. I feel pain often, i feel lost most of the time, but for now i'm rational enough to think that if i don't fear death i should not fear life.

What are your goals then?

Every day. Veteran, in a relationship, no job, no car, on & off success with entrepreneurial endeavors.

Whenever i get dubs

few times a day since elementary school
sometimes more seriously than usually, but i dont think i will ever have enough courage to do it

but it goes away when im drunk or high and possibly in company of friends...
too bad i dont have any

damn, so close to quads

Raised by the WWII generation, not the boomers.

That's normally what I think about. Truth is I can't do it or I would have.

Story of my life /b

Being a lot more selective in the company I keep. I formed what was described as 'paranoid delusions' regarding a number of my friends who I genuinely believed were setting me up for a serious crime. Whilst I don't deny that I was definitely psychotic and that these thoughts could accurately be described as delusions, there was some foundation in my paranoia insofar as these people were being fucking awful about me behind my back and occasionally to my face. I've kept all of these shits out of my life ever since and definitely do not regret that. I'm no longer as open about myself, even to the few close friends that I have; that certainly helps in avoiding paranoia, as I've not fed anyone the ammunition to use against me.

I no longer try to amuse or impress people to win favour, this may sound cliched but I genuinely feel that if you like me that's fine and if you don't I really couldn't give a fuck either.

I was very lucky to get a fairly good job in local government job after dropping out of university. That allowed me to move out to my own flat for the first time (previously I'd only ever flat shared) and having that independence was very good for my mental health. I now live with my girlfriend but I still have a lot of time to myself. Even if we split up I would never flat share again, I'm the sort of person who is happier in their own company than with other people.

Having career goals is probably the most helpful. You always need to have something to aim for in the future.

Last time I was happy was when I was teaching math in high school, so that's definitely something I want to get back into.

I had the kids sitting on the edges of their seats when teaching stuff that wasn't in the books. For example, the connection between sines and cosines and pythagoras. They get that taught as separate things but really they're intimately connected. They were all fascinated, even kids that didn't really follow it.

What is your job?
Is it a job you want to keep or is your goal in another field?

Is it luck that got you a job you enjoyed or did you know what you wanted from the start?

Almost everyday

Why do you no longer teach if it makes you happy?

Glad I wasn't in your maths class to ruin it user, even with the good teachers it was all in one ear and out the other for me.

Oddly as an adult I'm quite good at maths, I think I just developed a lot more self-discipline when it comes to paying attention and perhaps more stubborn at approaching things I don't immediately understand.

Haven't for about two years. That's not to say I'm not still fairly mentally unstable, though.

What's that saying again? Never let your schooling get in the way of your education?

I've been teaching myself electronic engineering and I'm becoming good enough at it that I can tinker my own things now.

It was an internship as part of my minor while getting my degree in industrial mathematics since there were so many parallels in courses. I got companies interested in hiring me before I even graduated so I had to quit the second degree in education, which required teaching during the day to get that. Had I done it the other way around I could've gotten my industrial mathematics degree in night school.

I don't have a career to show for my actual degree since it's not enough anymore. I need additional education to become specialized even further. Sucks ass.

The job I've had for the last five years is in customer services for local government, it's not a particularly great job but the pay is reasonable enough with decent public sector benefits and it's a good team and working atmosphere. I think working in a good environment like this helped me a lot in getting back on my feet. I was encouraged to progress within this job however I decided to go back to university to study quantity surveying as I'd developed an interest in construction through dealing with maintenance related enquiries. I still work weekends on a permanent part-time contract and that brings in pretty good money, I'm able to live very well for a student.

I was lucky to get the job - 12 people were successful out of around 400 applicants - however I spent a lot of time making sure the application was of a high standard and had given a lot of thought to the questions I believed would arise at interview.

Daily

but I have a pretty high self steem, it flunctuates a lot though

almost always i think about doing it out of spite, I hate some people as much as I love them, and often want them to fucking miss me, or not share the same space with them ever again

I'm pretty retarded I guess

Erry day almost all day

Why cant i just not wake up on morning?

I don't. Suicide has no real appeal. No matter how low life gets, killing myself won't get me ahead of the game.

unf

Every single day since I'm 10. My life is painful.

Only when I imagine some idiot like you doing it.
GTFO and take your gender dysphoria cumdumpster ass elsewhere.

A few times a week. Sometimes I instead daydream about being blackout drunk instead but I don't partake.

Yeah. Whatever

All the time.

I kinda feel happier when I think about everyone who might miss me and what they'll say about me after i'm gone.

Realistically though, I SHOULD be happy because I have so much to be happy for. A beautiful wife, a good start to a self employed career, no financially stressed, nice home, etc. But for some reason its just not enough. Im lacking something in my life and it kills me that I don't know what it is.

What you need is uniqueness. Your life is boring and far too common. If you don't do anything in art or science then you are worthless.

About once every hour or two

this one struck home with me

Less now that I know that OP likes Gunsmith Cats.

Define uniqueness though man?

I've spent the last 2 years doing pretty much what I want versus the entirety of my life falling in line to other peoples tune.

I quit my job to start a business from home that now pays my bills, mod and race motorcycles on the weekends, backpack/hike state and national parks around the U.S.

Art or science wouldn't give me what i'm seeking.

Every day bitch, every day...

I was suicidal back at the end of Middle School because no one would stop using and bullying me. I was a fucking idiot back then, but still.

I got a girlfriend during freshman year who immediately broke up with me when I told her this. I hate the cunt, and it made my thoughts come back again.

I got good friends who helped me though so it's been a long time since I actually thought about it. Be good to your real friends OP, they could be the only ones who care.

Just do it

Almost daily, but not for the near future. I think about what spectacular way I want to go out if I see my death coming from cancer or whatever.