What are the most important lessons you've learned from your past/current romantic relationships?

What are the most important lessons you've learned from your past/current romantic relationships?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/14142.The_Art_of_Loving
youtube.com/results?search_query=black phillip show
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not to get in to a relationship ever again, and certainly never have em move in.

Never help her out financially, she'll get accustomed to it and expect you to pay for all her fucking financial stupidity forever more

Why not?
What has happened to you to make you so cynical?

I've learned that there are probably only 2-3 people in the world that any one person could have a truly loving relationship with, and otherwise the relationship will plateau, feelings will die, things will end.

fucking this, holy shit

whore used me for over 10 years, never put out for ten years after the birth of my son, havent seen my son since she took him, and left me till over my elbows in debt.

she lied about everything, which i only found out after she was gone, and basically used me.

NEVER AGAIN

>2- 3
One or two more if I'm lucky then, r- right?

I'm going to live the bachelor life forever. There was one girl, we dated for six years. I loved her dearly, if I was going to marry anyone it was her. Slowly it became clear that, no matter how strong a bond I felt with her, I just wasn't cut out for the relationship life. I began to cheat on her and eventually she left. I've now consigned myself to a life of solitude because I know if I couldn't make it work with her it'll never work with any woman.

Most women are easy
However I am retarded

Bitches be crazy

Don't date a Pagan when you're a Christian.

Don't fall in love right away, and be sure to stick them the D when the time is right.

Perhaps you are not currently fit to be in a relationship, but surely by working on yourself, becoming a better person you could be?
It would be such a lonely life otherwise, no?

this isnt a universal lesson but more of a personal, though i feel it can relate to some. I learned that some people aren't made for relationships. that no matter how much they want it or how lonely they feel the companionship of others will usually end up more detrimental than beneficial. im one of those people and i always will.

Never stick your dick in crazy.

Sadly, crazy bitches are the only I get.

That's what you get for being a cuck

What happens happens, it takes out the romance if you push things

and we have a winner

Pussy is pussy, no matter what

That Alcohol can turn the best people into arseholes

This might be an interesting read for you;
goodreads.com/book/show/14142.The_Art_of_Loving

It's not lonely. I enjoy my own company, I have an active social life and I still have girls who come and go. I don't see it as a matter of self improvement, I just don't have any real desire to share my life with someone.

Niggers really are a problem.

You learned the wrong lesson.
Fuck the crazy, definitely fuck the crazy. Crazy sex is best sex.
Just don't let the crazy know where you live.

Thia one gets it

You sound like me. Good on ya mate!

also, bring your own condoms.

too true nigger

Fucking. This.

my last relationship, I broke the trust. Never moved on, and plan on dying alone. Or marrying someone I will never ever truly love. But I doubt that I don't want sex or any of that shit, and I'd be pretty cold as a husband in general.

True dat, never EVER trust the woman to handle the birth control. You will get screwed.

Don't date someone who's way younger than you, you're probably forming them into who you want them to be rather than just being with them, even if you don't mean to be, treat anyone you love with kindness and respect. An argument is not a war, it's an attempt at finding the compromise to give you both happiness. Don't be abusive, if your partner is behaving in a way that's tiptoeing around you for fear of you getting angry, you're effectively being abusive, even if you're never physically abusive. Don't threaten to leave when your partner isn't how you want them to be, either leave or stay, mentioning it or bringing it up only causes them to either leave you or behave exactly the way you want them to, the first is bad, the second isn't sustainable. Don't be like me and live in your own head, you're not always right and feeling a certain way doesn't mean that's reality or that you should feel that way. Listen to your partner's criticisms, if you think they're unreasonable, work on a compromise, do not silence them. If your partner cheats just leave them (not from personal experience)

That women are fickle and they are cruel, and you should forget them the moment they stop caring for the sake of your self-respect and your mental well-being.

It's sad that's the most important lesson I learned, but there you are.

That is to say, the cheating thing never happened to me, but i was paranoid the whole time it would due to past experiences, every other piece of advice there is from my own experience

>get money
>fuck bitches
>to hell with the emotional baggage

I learned that having emotions is the sure fire way to end up hurt or heartbroken. Once you let yourself die on the inside hos don't bother you. When I fight with current gf I tell her that I don't give a shit and just do my own thing and her and every other bitch comes
Crawling back every single time. You can't open up or trust these hos. You can be happy with them and share your life and time but always know that you aren't allowed to actually feel true love because it's fake and how you get fucked

If something bleeds for a week and doesn't die, don't trust it.

That is all.

I've only had one romantic relationship, but I learned much from it. I shall:
>never attempt to be a part of any romantic relationship ever again
>never attempt to be a part of any sexual relationship ever again
>not flirt with anybody
>not date

Works perfectly.

Those are consequences of your experience, not lessons you've learned.

What motivated you to close yourself off like this?

learnt the hard way that I was quite an autistic sperglord, only to find out many years later I got dumped by my only gf of my life.

don't lead girls on. even if they say its just casual, give it time, and at some point you'll have to re-lay it out and it never goes well

no matter how much you want booty that night, always keep a hard line on your status

Well I learned a few new facts about myself after she dumped me. For instance: I have the charisma of an empty barrel and that I have nothing interesting to say.
I figuered I can't do anything wrong If I don't do anything at all.

Out of all the good reasons not to trust a woman, that's the best you can come up with? You weren't burdened with an overabundance of smarts, were ya?

Trust them a bit, don't trust them completely. Be sly if you check up on them.
Married 40yo here.

Listen to the Black Philip Show by Patrice O Neal.

Got the idea here, I might as well give it back.

youtube.com/results?search_query=black phillip show

-They cheat if you don't trust them, they cheat if you do

Settle or die alone

I'm a 6/10 on my best days, 4/10 on others. Through my personality only, I managed to score a 8/10 gf, to whom I dedicated all my time and effort to keep, which cost me my education, and she still broke up with me 18 months later. 2 months earlier, when I already felt the break up coming, I fucked my personal 10/10, who I also swept off her feet with my personality, but she didn't want to be in an open relationship with me. She felt so conflicted about this - crazy about me, and especially my sexual prowess, but unwilling to bear the stigma of having dated a guy with an appearance like me - she literally escaped into another relationship.

Since I dated a 8/10 and fucked a 10/10, and both times the effort invested exhausted everything I had, I decided to leave the whole thing be, woman of my own league wouldn't do it at this point.

11 years later I still have no regrets.

Know when the feeling is gone from either partner in the relationship and don't try get it back. Resentment will ensue.
Don't cheat. If you're partner cheats, end it. Once the trust is gone from either side, its not worth the monumental effort it takes to even attempt to potentially rebuild it.
Everyone needs their own time and space and each varies. Respect that for both yourself and your partner. Don't smother them or allow them to smother you.
Jealousy is natural but shouldn't be intentionally induced and shouldnt be the prime emotion in any relationship. Recognise it. Deal with it. Dont over think it.
Get drunk together in happy times. The lessened inhibitions will make you more open, build a bond, and can lead to some great sex.
Speaking of sex, if that's the basis of the relationship, its not a relationship. It is essential in any intimate relationship, but if there is no emotional connection, don't force it.
Sow your wild oats. Don't get over attached too young. Live your life primarily for you and if it happens, it happens. Dont make finding a significant other the main objective in your life.

Why don't you go comb your beard, clean your thick rimmed glasses and wash your skinny jeans you hipster faggot.

Jesus fucking Christ learn to laugh douchebag

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

All girls are sluts.. there are some loyal, but only if the can get something from you, sex, money or good status... read my words very laud, still get a gf and marry, there is no1 who live more than 50 years that is happy being alone.. that said, is better a slut than alone...

If something is bothering you, speak up!

i second this

Some women are actually grateful for the love and attention you give them.

Trust is legit, both ways. Also be chill. The simple stuff is kindling for love.

Experience is only add credible as how it's interpreted.
Correlation is not causation.
Ignorance and delusion often go hand I hand.

On a Mormon compound maybe.

I've learned by not ever being in a relationship, that people who are in relationships can't stop talking about being in relationships and that relationships steal my friendships away

Literally the only reason to join a religion. They at least keep their women in line.

Broken goods will ALWAYS be broken goods.
Never date broken goods. Fuck them all you want but NEVER emotionally invest or let them do so.
Stay out of marriage for as long as you can. 7-8 years together is a good benchmark for making that leap because by then its just a title neither of you will actively care about and if you've stuck together that long and the flame is still strong the chances are insanely high it won't burn out.

Don't get me wrong. They can get better with therapy and proper handling but they'll never actually be cured. That little kernel of -insert issue- will always be stuck in some corner of their brain.
Doesn't matter what the issue is either whether its suspicion or depression or anger. It's literally a part of them and you can't cut it out because of that. You can only cover it or reduce its severity.

>be sure to stick them the D
ONLY THIS MEMORY WILL EVER LAST

>I have the charisma of an empty barrel and that I have nothing interesting to say.
So do I

>Do not get into the friendzone
I thought it was a meme

>The first one broke up, saying she was a lesbian.
>The second one broke up and went to fucking japan.
>And the third told me she loved me.
>But also told that to my 'friends'.
>And i couldn't say the same back, becouse i new she was doing things behind my back.
>Becouse she was a total slut i broke up with her.
I learned that girls say/do anything to stay away from me.

Welcome to the club. There's no special handshake, just the shame. Oh, and we don't have free drinks neither.

It is a meme, friendzoned people who are attached to people that aren't attracted to them, dump them from your life man

>artistic works of fiction
HAVE SERVED AS INSPIRATION FOR MANY

Does somebody there has that screencap with an user comparing a relationship with defusing a bomb or some shit like that?

>sexual prowess

Go brag somewhere else. Although, girls never keep a relationship for sex

got you friend

that I'm simultaneously attractive and repulsive, because ladies will really like me but not want to date me

the less depressing version of this lesson is that I've learned that trust is important, I want to find someone who trusts me enough to date me.

alternatively I want to have some casual sex.

All women are cunts. There are no exceptions.

Never stick your dick in crazy

this. some are just really good at hiding it

bruh I had a friend like you. you know what he did? he told everyone he was gay. This surrounded him with the most attractive women in the area and I mean like all of them. He just played this card and got with almost all of them.

I meant to say that I didn't believe that being a friend of a woman you are attracted to is a bad idea, now I know it is indeed a very bad move

It always ends up a flaming disaster like the Hindenburg. Good time going up, might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

I appreciate the advice, but I don't really have trouble meeting women, I have trouble getting them to date me.

well if you can settle with sex from lots of attractive women thinking it would be fun to try and turn a gay.

see

I dated a runaway for a while.
She had no way of contacting me because she lost her phone so I gave her 300 dollars for a new one.
She led me on for a while, always asking for money and food.
We never fucked because she was a virgin and the most she did was give me a bj.
One night she calls me and asks me if I can pay for a motel so she could sleep my dumbass agreed and I go.
I spent the night with her, she wanted a drink so I had bought vodka and juice. We popped a few pills (she was a huge pill addict had around 90 or so roxycodone not prescribed to her) and got pretty messed up. I guess I ended up fucking her no condom, in her ass and vaj not even sure if I came. Her phone was lighting up like crazy, guy kept texting her, he kept asking where she was at and to come home.
I got pissed so I got up grabbed her phone and the pills which means pretty sure I payed for and left her there.
Last I heard from her was that she was working at a strip club.