So Sup Forums, got a question. If you had $130,000 in the bank not doing anything...

So Sup Forums, got a question. If you had $130,000 in the bank not doing anything, what would you do to turn it into more money?

Not gambling it, nothing illegal.

This is almost 4 years of saving (and I'm a bit frivolous with money), and I want to make it work for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NS8FeMcasjU
cheesespin.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Invest
/thread

Buy a slumlord starter kit.

In what? I was already thinking about investing some into Medicinal Marijuana.

That's a waste. I'm no expert, but if I had money to invest it would be mostly Internet companies like, Amazon, alphabet, Netflix, Apple, Samsung. Google. I have some money in FDN, see attached

BTW, pic is Stash. Easy app to start saving and growing your savings. I've invested 1500,have about $160 return in 6 months or so. Not a ton of money, but it's far more than any savings or checking account would get you.

bet on me not giving a fuck

I invested my money in with Fidelity, and have seen nearly a 10% growth in less than six months. I invest some of my money in a slower growth index fund, and something else in a more aggressive blue chip mutual fund.

Take 50k and put it in some decent yielding CDs or something. Do a run of 1,3,5 years. Take profit do it again. Invest 10k into iras Roth for retirement. Keep adding to it every year. Use some more to maybe get into rental or vacation properties. Start small, learn and grow as you learn more.
Good job and good luck.
Pro tip: don't spend it on women or drugs

The medical marijuana boat sailed 2 years ago.
That's like telling someone to invest in bitcoins.

You're an idiot.

>Retarded investments

Go on /biz/ OP

but this annon is right tech companies are showing really fast growth I just invest through a different bank than they do

Do this but in things the government invests in heavily. Like war. Always profit in war.

invest in things that are too big to fail like chase, BoA, Ford. That or addictive substances like alcohol, tobacco, or hershey's chocolate. No matter how bad thing get, bitches will always buy chocolate.

Why am I an idiot?

1/2 Nasdaq index fund from vanguard
1/4 US bonds
1/4 cash

I have some in defense, isn't growing as much.

you cant get much of those stocks with that much money. probably would be more usefull to find cheaper stocks that are rising quickly. all those you listed have already done thier thing for the most part and just kind of slowly rise at about 10% a year.

More than a savings account

>/threading your own post that gives a vague, shitty answer

Great start user, dis gon b gud

You can purchase pure gold, it will always continue upward in price.

sure but why not just buy nasdaq or something if all you want is 10%?

gold

Yeah and you don't think they know this? Why do you think Apple has the most successful/pricey stock on the market?

>it will always continue upward in price
Seems legit

I would start a company.

Doing what I do best as a person.

Buy Myspace shares. It's the future.

Like the oligarchs who were powerful beforehand when the wall fell and then they all married miss world 2009 and started to stash nukes.

I'd make the world better.
Serious.
IQ140+-6, Male, Software-Dev, so called "universal talent", philantrop, furry. I always put the good of others above mine. I achieve pretty much everything i begin - the only thing holding me back all the time is time itself. because of my job i have 1-2 hours each day free time.... I cry sometimes.

So cocsucking company it is. Good luck user.

Buy some oil shares before price of oil skyrockets again

Because just like their products it's overpriced and overrated?

I think the shitposting-for-hire market is probably pretty saturated already.

Annuity.

investing has the best risk/gain ratio out of all your options. You could try starting a business, but while that has a greater gain potential, you get a much higher risk factor

buy some options for gold mining stock, enjoy 30% gain

I would assume you are employed? Max out your 401k, ROTH IRA, and Traditional IRA. Find some reliable funds, nothing is guaranteed, but past history performance will give you an idea of how competent the fund managers are. Use a balance of 40% for Large Cap Growth Funds, 25% Small Cap Growth Funds, 25% Large Cap Value funds (funds that have a smaller broker fee) and 10% international funds. As you reach age 40, start dialing down the Large Cap growth funds and start putting about 20% in bonds.

If you need some of that money from your paycheck, supplement any funds with that 130k in cash. Calculate how long you can do this, and if you'd like to you can also invest in some good ETFs. But I'd mostly stick with the IRA/401k/403b esecially if your employer matches any of it. This will give you the added benefit of reducing your AGI and you will pay less taxes.

But yet people still buy them, same with shares of their stock. Everyone wants a piece of the pie user, question is do you pay for someone else's or bake your own?

gamble on amd stocks they are pretty volatile with stuff coming out in march. It's kinda a gamble but you can probably make and easy 20% return so thats like another 20-30k

If you are that amazing then make more time..im nto trolling it is a serious thing you can do.

Invest in methamphetamine and don't do any of it.No troll,a lawyer told me once drugs are the best investment.

you could eat someone's dick...

This

Safe mode is just put it into non-taxable bonds and give it time.
It takes about 30 years, but your money will multiply by 1.5x

Invest in cs:go skins.

I've seen that too much today. I call shill.

Depends on how old you are.

If 45+, I'd start being conservative.

If younger, look at companies that cater to older people... adult diapers, companies that run elderly facilities, ambulance companies, medical device manufacturers (not technology... braces, wheelchairs, etc...). As the population ages these are the things that will be in demand and these companies will grow.

No, it's not glamorous. That's not the point. Earnings is the point.

you dont thread your own post newfag

Rain drop
youtu.be/NS8FeMcasjU

Invest in the wall. Buy land close/ right at the border. Become cartel mule or a coyote. Trump will be pleased with your entrepreneurship and pardon you.

I will never understand why people like this type of gameplay.

Sup, OP. Stock investor here.

$VOO or $VTI for the next 6 years until they roll over.

op dont ever listen to the robin hood faggots. shits a scam.

See a financial advisor. You literally are losing money not putting it into a Roth, high yield savings, and other stuff such as Muni bonds.

My financial advisor used the term, 'losing money safely' that's what you are doing.

You arnnt kidding that you aren't an expert. Don't follow this dipshits advice

cheesespin.net/
holy shit man,good site

I would never in a million years use a free stock trading platform. If you'd look into vanguard funds you'd see they're slow rolling. None of this "LOL XD MOONSHOT" business. Look at their 5 year charts. It's just steady growth.

put it all in $JNUG

How does one buy stock

download the Robinhood app

Listen to this

>Try this. Don't let bitches know about it.