Why is this considered Sup Forumscore...

Why is this considered Sup Forumscore? Sung Tongs and Sprit are great albums and this is just a trash pile of shitty pop.

because Sup Forumscore isn't about quality it's about memeing

>why is pop album popular on a poptimist board
really

Clearly you weren't here in 09 when every second thread was about this album (and every other thread was ITAOTS)

I don't know but animal collective as a whole blows so goddamn hard

Because it's discussed the most.

being Sup Forumscore usually means an album is shit

this is literally the best album of the 21st century pleb

>thinks MPP is the best album of the last 17 years
>calls other people pleb

Name a better album of the last 17 years
>protip: you can't

lets hear your best album then tryhard

its not as good but sure but its not shit either. tis a pretty masterful interesting pop album. it carried the philosophical cultural anomolies of 2008 to their heights. its a bit less interesting out of context.

>Leaves Turn Inside You - Unwound
>STGSTV
>Geogaddi - BoC
>implying there even is a best album of any time period

I don't necessarily think that MPP is bad but the best of the entire century so far? Not a chance.

Also music is subjective you poptimist retards

stgstv is pop dummy

ITT: the kind of people who say On Avery Island is better than ITAOTS.

yes, but far less so than MPP. Also I tried to pick things that weren't too obscure because they would have just called me a tryhard. Apparently liking lesser known things is wrong and literally only for image

youre allowed to like whatever you want. in my opinion, i love pop. and MPP is the best pop release of the century

Honestly if you dislike MPP you are probably either a shitty person or a live a shitty life that you can't get out of.

Sup Forums is poptimist?

I just listened to the first few songs. Only pop song is my girls. Rest is wtf gay shit.

Is that not obvious from this thread?

The songwriting and harmonies are great but the production has aged horribly. a lot of the sounds are just annoying and not fun, and they forego the detail of their previous albums in favor of just drenching everything in reverb.

>production has aged horribly
holy fuck this. It's only 8 years old but the amount of reverb that drowns out the better qualities of the songs is ridiculous

because DUDE, the album cover MOVES

It really is. Every time I go back and listen to it I really am blown away by how good it is. Usually albums with this much layering can sound contrived but its so organic and everything meshes so flawlessly.