Anyone have experience ADHD medication? Concerta in particular

Anyone have experience ADHD medication? Concerta in particular.

Concerta (methylphenidate) is a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.

I've been taking this for roughly 2 weeks now. At first I started to feel incredibly euphoric. I was driven by a sudden spur of motivation and restlessness but began to feel worse and worse as days went by. I find my heart rate RACES and I have become easily agitated snappy. If I don't take my medication, I find that I fatigue easily and overwhelming anxiety settles in.

Anyone care to share their experiences? I find that it may be therapeutic

I started replacing my Ritalin with it because it made me less agitated although it depends on the dose you have

Take it daily for about a month then stop taking it completely. Haven't had any in about 2 years and i'm don't feel hyperactive anymore.

Tell your psychiatrist and get different meds. I personally use Vyvanse to treat ADHD and I find it works pretty well for what it's made to do. Helps me retain focus and information throughout the day. Only side effects I don't like are it turns me into a lifeless shell with no personality and it gives me a dry mouth

I started with Ritalin a couple of months back and stopped because it turned me into a zombie. I'd often fall asleep and had less on an apatite

It's more to do with the lack of concentration, budd. I'm able to cope with the irritability

Come off that shit, man. I've heard bad things from that drug.

Yeah my apatite was strange when i was taking it. Its a little better on concerta. do you take it every day?

that's my problem, I hate that it basically just turns me into a robot. even if I feel like shit 99% of the time I'd rather feel something than nothing. I just want something that works

I'm going to try and come off it, if I'm honest. I've been taking it every day yes. Started on 18mg for the first week and now I'm on 36mg. Slow release one tab in the morning

Honestly dont really mind, my sole purpose of taking it is to focus on my studies.

Doctors often miss-diagnose patients. There could be a number of things which could be effecting concentration. I think it's just easier them to assume and palm you off with some drugs

I thought of this too but I really don't give a shit. Probably gonna switch off from vyvanse to adderal soon

If you need it for the time being, then fair enough. I'd just watch the comedown if you're considering coming off it in the future. I Read that the long terms of any methlyphenidate can mess with your brains natural dopamine production/transmission

i have a lot of experience with ADHD medications.
what exactly is your question?

I was actually coming to this conclusion myself, to be honest I think I may be producing too much but I'm not one to self diagnose

I'm not OP but if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been taking medication for ADHD? Also different meds you tried, different dosages, any long term effects, etc?

okay here are just some random experiences.
using relaxation techniques in combination with metylphenidat will get you the best results. you can focus and you're relaxed, that's what matters.

It's not highly addictive, it's less addictive than nicotine.

don't take it and drink alcohol. you will feel horrible and you just wish you were dead.

one sideffect is migrane. if you take more, you will have more and stronger sideffects.

I also think they're making me kind of weird, in the sense that I tend to zone out easily if I'm not listening to someone talk. I also feel like I'm lacking more common sense, social cues and things of that nature but maybe I've always been like that. I'm starting to get a little better with that stuff anyway

Also how do your know if you're taking the right medicine and if the dose isn't too high or low?

Ritalin is the exact same drug as Concetta snowflake

I just wanted to hear about people's experiences with ADHD drugs, Concerta in particular. I'm getting some side effects (as stated), and just wanted to see if people are experiencing similar symptoms.

Too much?! What are you, taking, again?

i have only taken metylphenidat so far.
i don't take that much (15mg each day) but i take more if i have exams coming up or have something else that really needs focus.

i have been taking it since 2 years. so far i had no long term effects at all.

i tried different dosages but i want to keep the dose as low as possible. the problem is, that your metabolism has to adjust to the medication or you will start to have more sideffects. so taking a higher dose without being used to it results in high blood pressure, headaches and even halluzinations, especially if you suffer from sleep deprevation. so that's something you'd really want to avoid.

Vyvanse 50mg daily

many people say that they suddenly lack the ability for everday chores but this is just a question of adjustement.

i restructered my life completely and started to organize more so that really helped me a lot.

like i said, no long term effects at all and for two years now.

if you have too many or too strong side effects the dose is too high, if you feel nothing, the dose is too low.

metylphenidat usually calms ADHD patients but people without ADHD tend to get pushed by it or kind of a rush (it is a stimulant). so if it calms you and helps to focus, it's probably good for you, if it distracts you even more, you might have a different problem.

Oh well I've been diagnosed since 2010, started medication in about 6th or 7th grade which has changed over time, and have been taking 50mg of Vyvanse everyday for the past 3 years. Not even sure if it's working to be honest, just got tired of going to the pyschiatrist all the time so I just said it was working. But I'm getting all A's in my classes so it has to be doing something good right?

Also about the dosages and side effects, my blood pressure is actually pretty low. Every time I go to the doctor's office the nurses always assume I run marathons even though I'm in pretty bad shape. Also don't eat too much because of the medicine.

50mg is a lot and it takes a lot of time to get used to it.
i know a lot of doctors perscribe it that way nowadays but from my experience that's way too much. it basically means you're on metylphenidat the whole day until you fall asleep, which is completely unnecessary in my eyes.

Like I said I'm on 50mg of Vyvanse which is a lisdexamfetamine and a little different so I'm not sure if you have any experience with them. If what you said applies to me as well though it definitely calms me down but vyvanse is also controlled release and I can't even tell when the effects stops or starts. Which is guess is good but it just makes it harder to gauge how much it's working.

yep that's right.
high blood pressure is just a short term side effect and does not effect you anymore if you're adjusted to your dose. normally your therapist should try to get you off the medication at least once per year (just to see how your body copes with it and to exclude any physical addictions)

Like I said in my later post it's actually a lisdexamfetamine which is a type of amphetamine so I'm assuming they work different

Here is my story with it. Bit long but gives you my perspective.

>Be around 14
>Divorced parents
>Domestic abuse (alcoholic violent dad and stepdad who beat the family down mentally every breathing second)
>Grades are slipping and im getting into bad habits
>Get put into some institution due to anger issues and defending myself against my drunk dad (assault they say...)
>Tell them how the situation is
>They diagnose me with ADHD (true, but still WTF)
>Give me Ritalin

Now at first the Ritalin worked wonders but it have me a bad comedown and fucked up my sleep and gave me the worst anxiety as a result.

I probably have PTSD and as a result when i now take any of those ADD pills (tried a bunch of kinds, including Concerta) i freak out and cant bear being around people. You can also be sensitive to the comedown and if so half your day sucks ass. When i had my comedown i would snap easy because i felt kinda bad and would get really grumpy

I found that regular exercise, steady routine and a good diet with no drugs of any kind is the best to deal with ADD and ADHD. You learn to manage your symptoms better but you will always kinda space out especially if you feel bored and unmotivated and its a bitch. If you're doing what you're interested in and try to engage in it (such as a degree or a job) you can do great and really shouldn't NEED any medication.

In my opinion these pills are overprescribed and overused. Giving kids meth every day because they hate our shitty school system is just typical failed bureaucracy and medication policy. I understand using it as a tool for important tests and projects but every day is just dumb.

My advice would be to stop using it and focus more on a healthy lifestyle and maybe do some meditation or yoga to calm yourself (helps with focus).

It'll fuck you up.
On the other hand you're already fucked up.
If it helps you, take it.
If not pick other drugs.
Also waste five minutes of your life on google for other treatments, like THC and adhd or non classical anti psychotics.
The best way to deal with it is to learn a craft, concentration.
Stop using media because that incites your whole brain to shut down on all the cognitive and perceptive systems that aren't really needed in a single source sensory excitation scenario.
If you ever get children make sure that the first 12 years the amount of time they're faced with multi source sensory excitation is considerably larger than the single source.
Rustling winds, moving shados, noises everywhere, is an example of such multisource scenario.

Since biology is always conservative on all levels your brain will rot after puberty.
But it'll be completely rotten to begin with if you grow up like most children in the west.

Subhuman people from other continents might be uneducated poor shits, but together with some simians, all corvids and a few other birds they excel at all cognitive and mental tests compared to the average westerners.
Depending on how shitty their life is and how much they develop and need these abilities.

Some of those tests involve simple mechanical understanding, completely innate to most corvids and people from our culture start to fail harder and harder and for such longer times, even straight into adulthood.

Our culture breeds retarded children that can't cope with stress.
If you're a child of a single mom, this chance for mental retardation increases extremely.

I wonder if anyone else ever wondered why there's these extreme shifts in diagnosis every decade where the number one diagnosis just gets replaced with the next popular one shitty psychologists can sell well enough to parents to exempt them from their shitty parenting.

"it's not my fault, it's the vaccines"

the best way to test it is by taking a lower dose or by stop taking it. it's not a good idea to do so, since you're adjusted to the dopamin level, but you will certanly see the contrast a lot better.

i for myself couldn't believe how fucking annyoing i was without it. i was such a fucking nagger, that it started to annoy me myself.

Yeah I actually only take it on days when I have class and when I was on break all last month I felt a lot different. It's hard for me to explain but whenever I'm on my meds I'm basically just doped up but it makes it a lot easier to be alert and focused when in class and I almost never get distracted anymore.

not that much.

Didnt read it all but..

>THC

THC may have many potential as medication but not with ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia and such...

It does worse in mental disorders than good in 95% of the time

Order some Modalert from the darkweb, trust me it's good shit.

>If I don't take my medication, I find that I fatigue easily and overwhelming anxiety settles in.

This is because it's an dopaminergic substance, with prolonged use or misuse it can deplete your dopamine and you easily build tolerance to it. Many people use Adderall, pop them for weeks or months and wonder why they feel like terrible, irritated and depressed after quitting suddenly. It's basically the same as street speed, but pharma grad - just because it's legal and not "drugs" doesn't change the pros and cons and what precautions to take.

I suggest you check out r/drugs on leddit, they have good basic info when it comes to these things, legal or not

yeah i know that feel too!
i even have the feeling, that i'm able to comprehend more.

i'm able to memorize 15 digits numbers after reading them for 2 seconds and without it i can barely cope with 6 to 9.

Sorry, if I've not answered any questions. I've got to shoot off real quick. I'll leave after just saying this.

Concerta has given me the concentration that I need in order to excel in my work, but I've found that it makes me somewhat dopey. I often ask the same questions twice and have a a bad perception of time. It feels as if I've been given a concentration boost, but have also received a kick in the balls to my "sharpness".. If that makes any sense? I'm not good with words

THC fucks me up. I get panic attacks every time on it.

Yeah I can second this on thc without my meds I'm just even more lazy and useless than usual. And on my meds I just get paranoid and anxious as fuck. The first time was scary because I didn't know it was gonna happen but i still did it one more time after that and I was more in control. But trying to concentrate in class was a nightmare. Didn't remember a word I heard, my heart was beating out of my chest, and 2 minutes felt like 20

You're not add. The medicine is not working the way it is supposed to in a person with add. If you actually were, you would be calm and focused, not euphoric, agitated or speedy.

That's fucking bullshit. Every drug effect every person differently.

Modafinilstar.com

BTW, I've ordered from them 4 times now, very smooth transactions and excellent customer service. High five dark web!

>sharpness

If you mean trouble with focusing on multiple, it's normal. Amphetamines make you very focused on few things at a time - caffeine gives you an overall boost to focus.

You can practice multi-tasking though

so you have no idea what the fucking dark web is and you're advertising this bullshit here.
congratulations.

Focusing and keeping my temper at bay.

I get sidetracked extremely easy and struggle to listen carefully in lectures.

I've come off caffeine too. I've noticed that it induces anxiety

I'm a do u Lil bustas a solid and tell u the secret to fucking ADHD in the boi pussy. Adderall for studying alone, caffeine plus L-theanine for regular shit, magnesium supplements everyday to keep amphetamine tolerance down. Alternate between these two and use lowest dosage possible and skip days you ain't busy. Still can't concentrate with it? Jack off and try again. Meditation and breathing exercises if that don't work.

Suck my dick faggot. I was on add meds my entire childhood, I know my shit.