Dear Amerika jin, how is life in San Francisco...

Dear Amerika jin, how is life in San Francisco? I've got a job offer from a well-known company in Silicon Valley and I wonder if I should leave my life in Germany behind and move to the US. So I believe that money won't be that big of an issue.

I often imagine it as to be pretty cool as there is lots of sunshine, beaches, woman in sexy clothes, good fast food and burgers, huge supermarkets, never gets boring, great nature in the near, etc.

On the other hand I'm a bit worried (call me paranoid) about the crime rate, SF as a nuclear target, libtards and earthquakes. Is this fear realistic? Also what if I get cancer (from all the burgers I would eat)? From what I know you don't have that health insurance where they pay for everything

Any advices?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n35a0r1H5ro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>i wouldnt have health insurance

I dont know why germans think that americans dont have health insurance. Most jobs give you health insurance as part of the "benefits" from the job.

I would say you should definetly take the job. San fransisco is a pretty fun city even with all the obnoxious liberals. And its a hell of a lot better than germany

San Fran is the gay capital of the world.

San Francisco has a negligable crime rate if you stay out of areas where crime happens. Just be intelligent about where you are and what time of day it is. Also your health insurance will be covered by your company, so don't worry about that.

The only thing I'd say to look out for is the plethora of homeless people that prowl around downtown. They're like gypsies, they'll beg and generally be a nuisance unless you either ignore them or tell them to fuck off.

SF is a very European-feeling city as far as layout, architecture, trams and metros etc go, only a bit cleaner. Or at least that's how it was 9-10 years ago.

How did you get the job offer, do you have a university degree (and/or was it required for the green card)? How skilled do you consider yourself?

t. degreeless fairly average coder/devops nigger

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that the company gives the health insurance.

>only a bit cleaner
I hope that's true. I hate how dirty German cities are. At least around the central stations, inside trains, etc. I often feel like in a third world country.

>How did you get the job offer
I'm a freelancer for UI/UX so probably they stumbled over my online-portfolio. I never applied there. Also have a Bachelor degree but I don't think they care about my degree. I think if you have a good pool of projects in Github the chances shouldn't be that bad either.

I'd say so. Also downtown SF lacked that scruffy, broken appearance we have in many European cities - cracked asphalt here, some jagged pavement rocks there, etc. Of course you'll encounter that in the suburbs though.

On the flip side, a lot of the architecture (especially outside downtown) can bea bit cookie-cutter-artificial; Roman columns made of stucco and cardboard etc. I don't mind it though, I appreciate the infrastructure value more than some assumed "cultural heritage" in a pile of bricks and mortar.

Thanks for the info, better start filling that Github account

SF is incredibly fucking expensive. Whatever you pay in germoney is not even close to what you will pay there. If you however can overcome that, it is filled with hipsters and faggots.

So basically europe. And you are right, the national parks are amazing, the beaches are great.

My Mother in Law also works in Silicon Valley. She tells us that San Francisco is very, very expensive. Freaks are not everywhere, but snobs and angry old hippies are. Also many homeless and corrupt government.

I live in Oakland mate. It's a good opportunity take advantage and save money. Good luck.

I held San Francisco up to a very high regard up until moved into another city within the Valley, and visited it a few times. I had severe Paris Syndrome afterwards, and I seriously regret ever visiting it. Don't ever meet your heroes, kids.

I don't hate the homeless, but damn, they are sure a nuisance there. San Francisco is basically just a urinal/dumpster for a lot of people. The Tenderloin more often than not smells strongly of urine, and all the streets are rife with litter. Do not give any money to panhandlers/homeless. If you feel inclined to help the homeless, then donate your money to a foodbank, or volunteer for a soup kitchen.

I strongly recommend that you don't set one foot inside a car. It is absolute hell trying to drive in that city, and that's coming from someone who knows their traffic laws. I don't imagine that it'll be easy for a foreigner to keep up with the millions of proprietary penal codes and laws that San Francisco has. Just don't ever drive a car there, I worry for your health, my German friend.

Crime there is very much a problem. Granted, they're mostly just petty robbery and theft so you won't have to worry about dying like you would in Chicago. There's a lot of cell phone and bike theft, so make sure you're always aware of your surroundings, and keep a good eye on your bike, should you decide to use one.

Speaking of bikes, I can go for days about bike accessibility, but all you need to know is that it's the recommended form of transportation there. Just make sure that you read up on the laws, and to be careful. The drivers there don't give two shits about your safety.

I can answer anything you want. I stayed there for a week once, and during such week I experienced a lot of the city.

I work as a driver there

>worried about """libtards"""

Go back to Sup Forums you dumb nigger. Nobody should even so much as glance to scum like you.

>I stayed there for a week once, and during such week I experienced a lot of the city.

Wow! Holy shit! You must be an expert on SF then.

San Francisco is the second most expensive city in America right below New York so I hope your job pays well or you will be miserable.

Try to find someone who has experience with the city then. Do you really think you'll find many San Franciscans on here?

Rideshare or commercial? I respect you either way, man. Fuck driving on those streets.

San Francisco isn't sunny lol. It's fog central.

The Mission district is one of the safer part of SF. Easy access to the BART as well

>I'm speaking with a man who spent one (1) ENTIRE week in San Francisco
Can I get your autograph please?

Rideshare man. Def an under appreciated job, and it's gotten well underpaid too. Hoping for a brighter and better paid future.

I learned all about San Francisco from this news channel in San Francisco.

youtu.be/n35a0r1H5ro

I didn't mean to say rideshare, as I had it confused with Uber/Lyft, but I'll assume you thought the same.

How the hell do you survive driving in such a city? SF was not meant for cars.

Yeah Uber actually. It's just the need for money that faggot Travis lowered the prices and is "compensating" by giving us bonuses if we complete certain amounts of trips every week. Literally have to put 55 to 60 hours if you want to complete both.

Do you work with tech?

San Francisco has a cool Mediterranean climate. Expect about 13 to 15 degrees celsius temperature and a breeze.

Rent's expensive, food is expensive, services are expensive, so I hope you're ready to budget well.

The culture is comfy. The people are nice and seeing how you're European, you won't mind the strong leftist slant because you'll be used to it. It's one of the big four cities for opera in the states and you'll be at a hub for art as well.

Be ready for democrats, using the BART, and spending your money wisely. If that sounds comfy, go for it krautfriend.

SF has low crime. Pretty much everywhere in the US is a nuke target in a war due to the amount of nukes all of us major powers have. It is probably the most liberal place in the US and unlike places like NYC and Chicago the culture is also very liberal, in that the attitudes and norms fit the bleeding heart liberal. I don't know about earthquakes but you can look that up. You won't get cancer from eating burgers, burgers are good. We do have health insurance where everything is payed for but you have to buy it, which functions like a subscription but if you get hit by a car, are uninsured, and cannot pay then you will still be brought to the ER and the gov will pick up the check.

Thanks a lot for the insights. Definitelly gonna keep all that in mind.

I assume you are a libtard yourself or you simply have no clue of how bad they can be in Germany

Gonna watch that, thanks. I already learned a lot about LA from that Russian who moved there and uploads vlogs

So basically the costs are the main issue to keep in mind. I will make some calculations if the payment they offer is enough or not. Maybe I can find more about it with google.
Thanks to you as well!

I live just south of SF and there are far better places to live, even in the Bay Area.

I'm guessing your job would be on the Peninsula or the South Bay, so it would actually be cheaper to live closer to your company. The suburbs are also pretty comfy desu but housing is always hard to find.

Also, don't get a car if you plan to live in SF city, parking is very hard to find and traffic is always bad.

>tfw went to the city a couple months ago and watching two illegals get in a knife fight outside of sketchy weed dispensary and haven't gone back

If you don't mind lots of Chinese people and annoying, smug, White liberals than its a perfect city for you, mate.

>retards like this guy are getting job offers while you're still unemployed

>I'm speaking with a man from a country Americans use as a literal joke in movies
Can I get your autograph please?

>all stupid stereotypes together
weak bait

Wow what a fucking edgy retard. That's rare even on Sup Forums