Why do white people have such terrible taste in hip hop?

Why do white people have such terrible taste in hip hop?

le

Why don't you like endtroducing? Shitposting aside, I consider it to be a revolutionary album.

>implying those are bad

>The Roots
>"Only White People listen to"
>And being bad in any way

Something seems wrong here...

ITT we act like black people are 50% of the population. or 40%. or 30%. or even 20%

>only white people listen to J Dilla

>Madvilliany
>Clouddead
>TMS
>Donuts
>ATCQ
These aren't bad at all.

the only album you're right about here is 21 pilots

If you just wanted to talk about those albums why didn't you make a thread about them?

Ironically it's black people who have bad taste in hip hop music.

Holy shit i pity whites who have colored friends

Anyone who likes hip hop has bad taste in hip hop.

Any black guy who's in his late 30's - early 40's loves Tribe Called Quest

>erasing the identities of billions of people by putting them under the "colored" umbrella
Racist

Hey guys watch this

(You)

It's that simmple

mos def likes madvillainy gotcha bitch
problem is mos def might belong on the list too

Mos Def is honorary Aryan

One of my closest high school friends is now one of the top battle rappers in my region, and I've been around hip hop a lot growing up. But I have to say, I legitimately feel sorry for hip hop heads. It's pretty much objectively inferior to jazz, punk/metal, and EDM (drum n bass in particular). It lacks the passion and beauty of jazz, it lacks the emotional weight and intensity of punk and metal, and it lacks the mind-bending, sexualized atmosphere of DnB. This is a good era for hip hop, but still, the core of the genre is weak. The shows just can't match the power of those other genres.

You don't even have to like hip hop to like that album.

I'm surprised to see J5 mentioned. I've been listening to them for a few years, saw them live last year, they're a fun group. But I hardly ever see anyone talk about them, and definitely not on here.

Black Star is on the list.

>Hip hop only blacks can do

Do u this hip hop will die again? How soon and what would take its place

what was the crowd like? what races where there?

I see it going in 2 directions. I think the experimental electronic element will continue to develop and expand, until the rapping becomes secondary to the electronic music. On the other end, I think a rapping/storytelling approach to vocals will be used more in music with conventional instrumentation. I don't think it will die per se, but I do think it's changing a lot, and eventually it will evolve to a point where it no longer resembles hip hop.

Show me Hip Hop only black people listen to.

probably just shit mixtapes from datpiff/ soundcloud

It was a decent mix I think, probably more on the white side because of the location. Us whiteys seemed more of the young hipstery crowd who discovered them more recently while the black guys seemed to be a little older, like they'd been following the band since early days kinda shit. There were surprisingly large amounts of "old" people of all colors by which I mean around 30+, which was kinda odd since it was a gig near a campus. The people who turned up seemed to be pretty dedicated fans, everyone knew every song. They know how to work a crowd decently, got everyone hyped for the big hits but managed to keep the attention for the less popular tracks.

>I think a rapping/storytelling approach to vocals will be used more in music with conventional instrumentation.

Clearly you don't listen to much hip-hop because we passed that in the 90s, and 2000s.

We didn't pass that. We started it, and tepidly I might add, with jazz rap groups like Tribe. What I'm saying is things will continue going in that direction, at least in part.

Almost all white people fall into a few camps:

1) Radio rap
2) Backpacker shit
3) Meme rap

They're detached from black culture, so unlike black people who grow up with hip hop, their tastes are determined by authority figures.

People in 1) use mass media as their authority figure. People in 2) use music critics. And people in 3) are reactionaries rejecting both 1) and 2).

my black friends like doom, the roots, jurassic 5, and rtj though

Fucking what? Heiruspecs, Atmosphere, Grieves & Budo, Eyedea, Brother Ali, Sadistik, No Bird Sing, Kristoff Krane, Face Candy, Spearhead, Jean Grae,

What's the album underneath Aesop Rock. I would see it posted a lot but never bothered remembering the name.

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...

For the same reason you make terrible fathers. No prior experience.

Thanks. I neeed to check that out.

> only record I have that counts as hip hop.

averaged out, black people probably have a much worse taste in hip hop simply as a result of their being less educated and more impoverished. delving far into any art field is a luxury.

>

Name of very bottom left?

Where's Public Enemy?

Hip Hop only black people listen to:

>E-40
>Gangsta Pat
>The Dogg Pound
>Z-Ro
>Compton's Most Wanted
>8Ball & MJG
>SahBabii
>G Perico
>DJ Quik
>Suga Free

>Compton's Most Wanted
That was the first hip hop album on my 'listen to' list and I really enjoyed it.

Never saw these on Sup Forums so that's a good sign

g perico is my favorite rapper in the game right now and im white

Z-ro is my favorite rapper and I'm white

Quasimoto (Madlib) - The Unseen