Too many fucking films

does anyone else get the crippling feeling that there are just too many films? Fuck, I mean, you don't have to watch them all but I feel like I am missing out, I watch 4 a day and the massive amount I still have to watch is staggering, and the list just goes on and on and on

fuck

it's true.

Thankfully there has been a 50 year moratorium on making films so everyone gets a chance to catch up

absolutely. Imagine what it'll be like to be born in 2080. Those people are fucked

>I watch 4 a day
You don't even watch films. If that is your approach just click through every film, it would take 1 min for each film, and you will achieve your if I may say so "goal".

Fortunately only like 0.1% of them are worth watching so you can just go half way through the TSPDT top 1000 and then move on with your life

I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but it's something like decision anxiety. You have so many possibilities and options you get overwhelmed and can't choose one out of fear of missing out on everything else. It's a lot like, you know, life.

watch at 1.5x the speed. saves a bunch of time

I'm not sure how to explain it
I just feel like being only 19 and having never seriously watched films before the last 2 years I have really, really missed out on a lot of the classics and the things you really SHOULD watch, so I am trying my best to keep up and then be able to, I'm not sure, develop my taste through this?

I know, I am a massive pleb

No. The prospect of watching many great films is a relief. There are many, but not so many that you couldn't feasibly enjoy a sizeable portion of them in your lifetime, if not a majority.

Literature, on the other hand, is daunting. The amount of great literature, and the portion of great literature that is difficult, the portion that requires dedication. Literature inspires despair.

yeah I know I should be happy that I will always have something new to watch and to discover, but I really can't help feeling anxious. I start a show, and kinda feel done with it after 1 season, but I cannot for the life of me abandon it and carry on like it never existed. I physically need to know how it ends, I need the closure, I feel the burden of finishing the project started. Same with all the world's movies, I feel like it's a duty of mine to watch them all, and I'm crawling in my skin because there's so little time.

It pisses me off when my local cinema only plays like 20 Hollywood films a year and never any European or Foreign kino. I bet there is dozens of films that come out of Europe that I have never hear of.

It sucks too that the new Godzilla won't be released to the english speaking people.

Just have them running all the time in the background. Great way to check them off the list

Just slow down a bit or you are not gonna remember any of the movies you watched, take your time. 2 movies a day = 730 a year, which is not a bad number

I get you. With all the genres too and depending what mood I am in, is very hard to fully satisfy myself with a decision.

Yes, media in general is insanely oversaturated today. You think it's going to be bad for people in the future, but you're already the people in the future who it's bad for. I grew up in the 80's and 90's and your choices were way more limited, so you could actually keep up with what was coming out. Nowadays it's fucking absurd. The amount of broadcast television original shows, streaming sites that produce programs, and independent things like youtube make it impossible to even keep track of anymore. There's way too much, and most of it is garbage. And the movie industry is so mindless that it's literally just taking stories from comic books and adapting them into movies now. I feel bad for kids growing up now, you're inundated with so much media you must not even know what original thoughts are.

*tips*

but if you watch 4 a day you can't really appreciate them. just tone it down to 1-2, you're only 19, when you watch them in this quantity you'll be out of good movies to watch some day

>I watch 4 a day
Get a job nigger

as a neet in my 30s who's spent the past decade downloading and watching fucking everything i can find, i feel like i've seen most of the good stuff by now
like all the arthouse shit as well

Bloom's canon contains only about 2000 works, you can burn through those in a decade of light reading if you're not some kind of subvocalizing brainlet

Anyone want to recommend me a decent war film to watch?

You seen Pi (1998)? A feel no film fan should ever miss.

So I guess you guys don't re watch too many movies then?

Anyone too obsessed with watching all features and listening to commentaries or not as much?

Watching the making-of features can be awesome if the features are good.

Also it helps you better understand the movie and appreciate it more.

Especially with a Tom Cruise movie and watching how he did all those stunts.

All of Darren films, even the shit ones.

that's nothing, if i see too many great movies in a short span of time i feel obliged to watch some bad/mediocre ones to balance the rating distribution chart on IMDB

Bloom's canon is entry level

I usually just stick with movies that have actors I've enjoyed in the past. No one has time to watch all the movies they want to watch. I just use imdb to look for movies that I might find interesting. Just find an actor you like and look through their filmography.

Look. 19 is young. You have many years. If you want to develop taste you don't need to watch modern flicks. Focus on pre 1990 films. If you will watch 3 films per week, which is much more reasonable, you can watch 156 films per year. I would estimate classic important films at about maybe 300, so in just 2 years you will watch them all, and then there will still be years and years to continue. Here is the list for you, start with these, those are the most important.

Citizen Kane (1941)
La règle du jeu (1939)
Bronenosets Potemkin (1925)
Vertigo (1958)
8½ (1963)
The Godfather (1972)
The Godfather: Part II (1974)
La passion de Jeanne d'Arc (1928)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
L'avventura (1960)
Ladri di biciclette (1948)
Tôkyô monogatari (1953)
Shichinin no samurai (1954)
The Searchers (1956)
Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927)
City Lights (1931)
L'Atalante (1934)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
The General (1926)
Greed (1924)
La grande illusion (1937)
The Gold Rush (1925)
Ugetsu monogatari (1953)
Rashômon (1950)
Raging Bull (1980)
Ivan Groznyy (1945-1958)
Pather Panchali (1955)
The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)
Andrey Rublyov (1966)
Touch of Evil (1958)
La dolce vita (1960)
Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages (1916)
Jules et Jim (1962)
Smultronstället (1957)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
À bout de souffle (1960)
The Third Man (1949)
Les enfants du paradis (1945)
Hiroshima mon amour (1959)
Monsieur Verdoux (1947)
Pierrot le fou (1965)
Some Like It Hot (1959)
Modern Times (1936)
Ikiru (1952)
Persona (1966)
Zerkalo (1975)
La strada (1954)
Fanny och Alexander (1982)

No thanks

Are you OP? If you want to watch as you said classic films to develop your taste and don't like this list, you are doing it wrong.

fuck off with your tryhard bullshit faggot, return to sitting in the darkness of your mothers basement alone

>check their top 10

>citizen kane at number 1
embarrassing

Why so edgy?

It's not the huge number of films, books, and now tv shows that annoy me. I think that's great. What hugely annoys me is that there are ten trillion people ready to call you a dumb pleb faggot if you haven't read and proclaimed your love for so fucking many of them

>Watching any movie before 1985

KYS my man