ITT we post overrated directors. Starting. Pic very much related

ITT we post overrated directors. Starting. Pic very much related

Thoughts?

nothing wrong with quentin as a director, his writing has fallen off quite a bit though. not sure if you know the difference.

I think kill bill is a fun movie to watch. Other then that, I agree.

Quentin is a little over the top with his "film is magic, and digital is awful" trip.

You're living in the past, dude.

Elaborate, I feel like he has always been a great director. Some of his writing isn't the best, but watch Jackie Brown and tell me he's not an excellent director.

I REALLY like some of Woody Allen's movies. As classic as it gets.

he's a one trick pony that relies on the same gags to draw an audience. not saying he's "bad" but i am saying he's overrated.

Well i suppose it is his writing I've had most issues with. His movies seem to try to grasp for a higher level of intelligence than he's able to achieve. And then they all fail and fall down to being loved by middle and high schoolers. Plus he goes over the top on gore to the point it take s me out of the film and destroys the immersion for me.

He looks a lot like my geomechanics lecturer. Weird.

I can see that, he does seem to miss on a lot of his attempts to write something amazing. The Gore can be a tad distracting. His choices for cast, and the way he shoots scenes though are fantastic.

This has to be bait.

There's nothing overrated about Michael Bay. Even he knows he's a croc of shit.

not at all...he's highly overrated

I'd ask you to explain but I have a feeling were going to just disagree anyway. I've loved his work in everything but "tree of life".

I like how I already thought lens flare before even reading the filename

Aren't opinions wonderful?

Made nothing but cheesy overrated movies for boring old people. Little to no character development, his story lines took forever to unfold and when they did they disappointed, anti climactic, terrible casting, atrocious cinematography. Amateur at best, he's basically film 101 if they introduced film class to grade schoolers. Inb4 but hurt fanboys. Name one decent movie by this clown. Protip, cant

basically most of his newer works are just exploiting his name, recurrent themes, the same style

easy pickings

Tarintino's films are some of the best made in terms of raw entertainment value, comedy, and originality.
The Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction are all objectively well made movies. They have excellent effects, characters and plots, and they'll be classics forever.
If you don't like them you're probably just nitpicking.

Absolutely. Here's my pick. One great film and a bunch of mediocre ones.

>his story lines took forever to unfold

>spot the adhd millennial itt.

The great better be this one

ITT: people who don't like movies unless they have their favorite superhero in them.

>The Producers
>Blazing Saddles
>Spaceballs
>Young Frankenstein

Yeah he sure is an overrated director

Of course, Alien is alright too. You can keep blade runner, Thelma and Louise, the Martian, and by far the worst Prometheus

the OG cuckmeister

dont you have to be rated to be overrated?

This guy.

He deserves to be on here multiple times.

Top of my mind :

Spielberg
Lucas
Cameron
R. Scott
Peter jackson

This guy is a colossal faggot, and 90% of his movies is just him talking about New York and sucking his own dick.

Cash me outside, bitch

he's not so bad

Tarantino is a good director. Just a really bad writer: all his movies could be written by a rebelish kiddo.

I feel like it's more film junkies worship his dick I don't think he's overrated

Really like him and his movies, but I think people give him too much credit for his artsy style. I think it's sometimes a bit too forced.

lets not forget how shitty he is as an actor

its hard to reply to this thread. any director i can think of has done atleast one movie thats tickled my fancy

Must be the most overrated piece of shit

This. His earlier stuff was about the story and telling it in interesting ways. Now it is just the same thing again and again to show off his gimmick

Tarantino is a GREAT writer. No one writes dialogue like he does. His plots, however, are getting derivative. He needs to start working with someone

He once said that he think of the gore as a cartoonish element, so it's supposed to work as a reminder that you're watching a movie.

>the royal tenenbaums

he can make 3 hour films about farts for all i care, that film is epic and his style is quite unique.

Yep

I think that only Grand Budapest was bad for being way too artsy and having crummy dialogue, but every other one was spectacular and not overrated at all.

Easy pick

True. Also consider that every objectively bad thing he does in a movie is justified by his fanbase saying that he "surely did that on purpose cuz is a genius".

whats edgier than hating on tarantino? You guys are cool as shit!

This.

To be honest, I rarely even know who the director is before I see a movie. I just wach the movies that look like they might interest me. I've never seen a movie solely because it has a certain actor or director or producer.

This guy makes films for the film students, that's it

Great director.

If he didn't diddle his kids he'd be held in higher regard right now. Still a great director.

Hell, Polanski doped and then ass-fucked a 13 year old. And he gets nominated for Oscars.

No, I really think story is very important. His movies are really good at showing real-life themes in outlandish ways, but Grand Budapest was just a stale cake covered in pretty icing.

M Night Shamalamadingdong

did he fuck your girl or something kiddo? you can stop forcing it any time.

He's a very good director, but not a great one. He makes great movies however.

Worst director ever ?

Yeah, Kubrick is the Gold Standard.

Totally bait.

might be the only one posted so far that is actually "over rated"

Nope. This guy.

Ur an idiot and obviously a Vin Diesel fan

This guy

Diamonds

And a great movie

Again - Gold Standard -- and this is bait

"His plots"

Take any Tarantino movie and you will notice that the plot could be always summarized in "There's a guy who tries to get his revenge for the entire plot and he will made it in the ending after some random splatter scenes and dialogues who are so silly and unrealistic to be considered funny and good"

Most of the people in this thread seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between words "bad" and "overrated"...amazing.

Dafuq is wrong with you?

This. I think no one really appreciates his movies...they just say that to appear smarter for some kind of reason.

willow was great

>reservoir dogs
>pulp fiction
>jackie brown
>true romance (written by)

none of them fit your description.

I can agree to that?

This.

t. the weekend film critic with 0 qualifications to judge when a movie is "good"

probably a Michael Bay enthusiast as well. If it doesn't have explosions and tits, this faggot will call it "overrated garbage"

can't wait for willow 2

Yeah...
Out of his big movies Reservoir Dogs was about the only film he made that made any kind of sense.

Pulp Fiction required a lot of alcohol and weed.

Kill Bill was what Mortal Kombat should have been.

Not "overrated" per say, but hes fucking pushing it.

Without Madmardigan, that movie would suck.

val is still alive doofus

A good example of how to remake the same film over and over and no one call you out on it

That movie was made early on in his acting career. Do you really think he'll just stop whatever oscar bait he's working on just to go fuck around with Warwick Davis for a few months? For a sequel only 90s kids would bother to go see in theaters? Both of them have moved on to bigger better shit that pays more.

if you didnt understand pulp fiction, i feel like movies with vin diesel and explosions are more your thing. pulp fiction is loved by many for actual reasons.

>entertaining.
Yes
>original.
No. Tarantino rips a bunch of shit from 7"s films no one has heard of so it seems new

>whatever oscar bait he's working

>having that picture saved in 2017

Nice try at a save.
>thinking he was dead
Jesus fuck the autism

he used to make good movies. nowdays he is just nigger-lover.

Are you kidding me? Reservoir dogs is basically finding the guy who betrayed his robbery mates for getting revenge.

You are half-right with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown:

Pulp fiction has many revenge scenes like the "WHAT?!" or Marcellus and Butch pursuit sequence that are basically half the movie. The other half is utterly ridicolous and silly dialogues about random splatter episodes that just happened or are going to happen.
Same with Jackie Brown like the "car" scene or the ending, with the only difference that Jackie Brown is more boring and has a scene in which a guy shoots someone for having talked too much.

True romance is just a random b-movie.

>on an image board

>gives people shit for posting an image

you might just be the definition of retarded.