Copernicus, one of the greatest scientists, was a Slav (more precisely Polish)

Copernicus, one of the greatest scientists, was a Slav (more precisely Polish)

opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharaoh_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually he was of R1b haploshit line.
He was raised in Polish culture though.

Luther on the other hand had l2 haploshit(Balkan Slavs)

Well, Chopin was Polish too

>Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski coat of arms Nałęcz, the only decent British writer
wow...

>one of the greatest scientists
>thought the sun was the center of the universe

> The only decent British writer

ok, you are right, I forgot about other British writers like Jacob Bronowski and Andrzej Zygmunt Tarnowski, sorry

He wasn't white

>thought the sun was the center of the universe
I kinda is if you mean the observable universe, not the universe as an abstract model

>sparked the idea that Earth and humans might now be as important as we thought
>idea that made thousands of scientists and philosophers to look for answers
>not of the greatest

Nice, is it one of those threads where Poles are claiming all the amazing parts of history for themselves?

"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood."
Fryderyk Nicki, famous certainly non German philosopher

I'm sure some Italian thought of it all first though

Greek actually, Arystarch from Samos, but he didn't provide any kind of mathemacised reasoning to back his theory.

He thought poland was a total shithole though. Absolutely hated poles

Sorry, I checked and it seems that you call him Aristarchus of Samos in English.

Oh boy, that meme again.

Marie Curie, one of the greatest scientists and THE greatest female scientists, was born in Russia but did her science in France, so I am not sure if Russians or French can claim her for herself

Trait shared by all great Poles

Yes, and? That's part of being Polish.

Maybe, I don't know his books very well, Lord Jim is compulsory in our schools, I also read Heart of Darkness and The Shadow Line, but I find it all kinda boring. Dickens is more interesting. I also unironically like Jane Austin, kek. The British literature is really atypical actually, but it's a topic for some longer discussion that doesn't fit this board.

I wasn't under the impression that Slavs were incapable of scientific thought so this is unsurprising

>Lord Jim is compulsory in our schools
You sure about that? I only had Heart of Darkness in school six or so years ago and the new compulsory reading lists I found don't mention Lord Jim either.

your first sentence doesn't even make sense m8

Maybe, I'm really old, user.

Out of curiosity, just how old, gramps?

Younger than 40, older than 30, my NSA friend.

That is relatively old, as far as Sup Forums is considered.
brb updating my file

Neither, because she spoke Polish and named her dicovery 'Polonium' - latin 'Polonia' for Poland.

granpa :DD
sleep already for your health

Well, this website really improved my English, it's still poor, but much better than before, I guess.

But how can she be Polish if there was none such country?

He didn't actually say that. He did say something about the average brit being the best human in the world though.

I really like heart of darkness and lord jim, but the secret agent is my favourite book by him.

Only polish book I've ever read is that one about the PLC and the Ukrainian uprising, reccommend me some good polish authors

Skłodowska isn't a very russian name

We, old people, don't need so much sleep as you, kids.

Its was a common name in Russia and Germany at that time

There was no Polish country but there was a Polish nation, germy

lets agree that there was a cultural group called "polish"

Stanislaw Lem was GOAT sci fi, definietly check him out. Also Sienkiewicz, he was a master of comfy, he even got a nobel prize if im not mistaken

Are there no Germans born before 1871?

Btw are you retarded?

There were Prussians and Austrians and Bavarians and many other, but no Germans

>Only polish book I've ever read is that one about the PLC and the Ukrainian uprising, reccommend me some good polish authors
By Fire and Sword, it's not considered as the best literature here, one of our writers called Sienkiewicz "a first-tier secon-tier writer", or something like that. Sienkiewicz received the Nobel Prize, but he is more similar to Walter Scott or Alexander Dumas.

>the secret agent
This is on my list, but as for now I've only seen the movie, unfortunately.

You retarded bro?

>By Fire and Sword, it's not considered as the best literature here
Spit those words out and apologise

Sienkiewicz wrote in phenomenal Polish, he was also a master of epic historical stories, but those stories aren't related to fundamental philosophical questions. Well, maybe Quo Vadis, kinda.

This is a better recommendation, it doesn't require any knowledge of Polish history and it's also much deeper than Sienkiewicz:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharaoh_(novel)

funny fact:
>Pharaoh has been translated into twenty languages and adapted as a 1966 Polish feature film.[5] It is also known to have been Joseph Stalin's favourite book.[6]

I also second that user who recommended Lem - it's sci-fi, but really deep, just check His Master's Voice, for example. It's a kind of philosophical treatise, although it may be too serious for some people. Basically everything by Lem is worth recommending, except for his first sci-fi novel Astronauts.

R1b is truly the mark of excellence.

Yeah, By Fire and Sword was the book I've read.

I'll check out some Lem and that Pharaoh book looks quality, thanks anons

>one of our writers called Sienkiewicz "a first-tier secon-tier writer"
It was Sapkowski and I think it was a bit of projecting on his part, since Sapkowskis Witcher series is what I would describe as really well written fantasy pulp

Fuck's sake. Westies are retarded.

>He was raised in Polish culture though.
that's completely wrong though, he was ethnic polish but raised in german culture by his german uncle's family, he wrote mainly in latin and german and spoke german in private.

The polish alphabet is an abomination.

Show on the doll where the ogonek touched you.

There were literally no Germans born before 1871.

There weren't even any Germans born after 1871 either.

Allow me to let you in on the real redpill.

Germans don't exist. The spook of the "German" ethnos is entirely invented by Jews.

mmm polonium, putin thanks you for that