I have a question to skateboarders (if there's any lurking). Why do you cunts look so damn fit...

I have a question to skateboarders (if there's any lurking). Why do you cunts look so damn fit? You aren't bulked but even the skinny skaters look "ottermode" and athletic. Do you hit the gym or is skateboarding alone usually enough to keep you in shape?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSVcRlwjjj0
google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockwell_Skatepark&ved=0ahUKEwiPzOG97-3RAhXsIMAKHX46C3EQFgjRATAb&usg=AFQjCNEj4F8boIoGne0-dVZg4vFrMnN_jw&sig2=niDNf_NhTG3VYtI9OW9uWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's enough to keep you in shape you faggot retard

How though? It's essentially about keeping your balance

go push around for at least an hour and see what it is

Do you skateboard most days and for how long?

at least an hour a day but a full day will kick your ass. its good exercise

Skating burns calories. Mainly leg muscles and core muscles in constant use.

It's like running but with 20% of the effort for the same distance covered.

Doesn't do shit for your arms though, I've got massive thighs, a barrel chest, big shoulders and neck and then skinny arms.

The secret of skating as a form of exercise is it's fun. You don't have to force yourself to do it and if you like it then you can skate all day quite happily because it doesn't wipe out all your energy at once.

Skateboarders are chads tbh. I regret never having learned it. Most guys i know who do it slay mad pussy

I don't really care about arms, i think broad shoulders and strong chest look awesome

They're poor.
They're on speed.
They basically do cardio all day.

How hard is this to figure out?

I use to just ride my cruiser longboard around for a few hours daily like 2 years ago, and you sweat a lot and drink water which helps stay somewhat skinny

faggot

Also, skating, at least in the UK is pretty social. You push each other to greater heights.

I'm too crippled to skate now, (non skating related, genetic damage) but when I could I used my board the way other people use bikes, as well as skating at the skatepark I'd skate there and back.

In terms of time per day I'd say at least an hour of actual skating per day and upto 14 hours in the skatepark, though obviously some of that time was sitting on the wall skinning up, filming, or keeping an eye on the younger kids to make sure when their parents came to get them they were in one piece and not fiddled with or shanked. (South London [Stockwell skatepark] shitty and dangerous place for anyone after dark. Especially kids.)

thanks baby

Skateboard, pennyboard or longboard, and why?

Skating alone is def a calorie burner. Especially when skating all day in the heat. Stay hydrated y'all.

Even in summer I'd be too self conscious to take my shirt off

It's a skill worth mastering. At least learning to ride. Not necessarily tricks.

Going down a hill at close to 30mph just standing on a plank of wood is exhilarating. It feels almost like flying, other than for the vibration through the soles of your shoes.

I hate to say it but it's almost like the thing in Titanic where they pretend to be the figurehead. Just leaning forward into the wind.

It's good for body and soul.

going down hills and just going fast on flat ground on a longboard is pretty fun desu

I skate and I don't look fit. Like I'm sort of skinny but im definitely not fit

Great for toughness too. That's an attribute worth acquiring.

Everyone falls, often at unexpected times, sometimes for no apparent reason. So you learn to pick yourself up without crying about it.

It's something I'll be teaching my son as he gets into his teens. It breeds grit and determination, a drive to get out there and do.

Since I became unable to skate I haven't put on weight but I do notice my lack of strength and stamina, comparatively speaking. I've lost a degree of bulk in the legs too.

you ever had to stand up for a kid?

Most skaters are either rail thin or lean in general. I'm a little more athletic/muscular than maybe the average skater.

I've only ever met one heavy skater and he was tall as well as chubby with a lot of muscle underneath and an old skool shark deck as a regular double kicktail board couldn't hold his weight. Mind you, mine used to flex a lot under my weight at 13.5 stone.

Pretty much any teenager that spends a several hours a day exercising is going to look fit.

do you do tricks or just skate to get from place to place?

Just from standing on the board and riding, your body is using more energy than walking. Most skaters, myself included, are honestly just addicted to the sensation of riding the board, landing tricks, and overcoming adversity. Therefore, a lot of us tend to skate everyday even if its for 10-15 minutes. Most Americans don't even workout for that long any day of the week. I'm on the older side, and I don't skate as much as I used to, but I still at least bomb a hill everyday and I'm in relatively good shape.

Also probably that a lot of skaters are on the younger side. I know a lot of older skaters that aren't looking so hot. Too many injuries and beer. It will add up.

I'm skating a girl deck with thunders, spitfire wheels and bones reds bearings, what about you user?

Yeah, a couple times but there were usually a group of adults, most of the skaters were older, a lot in their twenties and chasing sponsorship. There were a few kids that sorta grew up at the park and got really good.

One kid started coming when he was five, riding a scooter with full protective armour lol, after a few months his mum was OK leaving him there all day and we'd keep an eye out. Within a couple years he was skating and bmxing like a pro, still kept the helmet and armour though and local gang kids would try and take his bike/board/scooter, whichever he wasn't using.

Having said that some of the little gang bangers could whip a kickflip good without ever owning a board. Some became skaters/bmxers in time, which I always considered a win.

Hahaha.
I don't skate board
But I do smoke..

I went out a few weeks ago to a park. I used to skate a little, but now I'm into photography. Out there 5 minutes before a board snapped into my ankle - I forgot how much that smarts lol. It's been like 20 years. And that isn't really even an injury 0 thats just something that happens fucking 50 times a day.

sponsored skater of 12 years here, the work out is full body, thats why.

The pushing and pumping works are your legs and stomach, the twisting works on your abs, and moving your arms you know, works your arms

Just know everyone hates you

depends on where you live. if you longboard in the city you are retarded. pennyboards are a joke as well.

get good

Lurker here. Keeping your balance while subject to extra G's requires a significant amount of core strength. Try pumping through a sizable bowl or pool for longer than a couple of minutes and i guarantee you will be floored.

Before I had to stop I'd been using it as A to B transport for probably five years, like skating the school run while my boy scooted.

I'm really glad I got to do that most of his primary school life.

Now my left leg folds up and can't support my weight, so no standing or pushing possible.

Powered skateboards don't interest me, it was always the exhilaration of pushing faster and faster at max strength until you put your back foot on the board and savoured the speed.

Without the massive flexion of the whole body in perfect balanced harmony and the sweat of exertion flying off your brow it's not skating.

i need to stop being a pussy and start skating on the regular again

I'm 40, so fuck that.

I had a Blueprint deck with Indy stage 7's in 7 1/4", mini rat bones from the good old days in hot pink and Chinese ceramic bearings since I couldn't afford to replace my ceramic Bones.

The board had about an inch of tail left and a pretty banged up front, but I'd been using it for over ten years as a riding board.

I left it on the bus one day and never picked it up from lost property. It was the easiest way to say goodbye. I didn't want anyone else riding it, and if I still had it I'd try to ride and end up really fucking myself.

Btw in terms of age I turned 40 in December, I'd been skating for 32 years when I retired from it last year.

And I miss it every day.

And I quit through genetics getting the better of me, not skating. Though I accumulated plenty of soft tissue damage I avoided any serious injuries all 32 years.

As long as you discount dislocations and joint damage from being serious damage ;)

>cruiser longboard

This isn't a kook thread, faggot.

This is now a God Mode skater thread

>pic related

At 38 I was flying down hills I wouldn't dream of letting my son roll down on his scooter lol.

>I regret never having learned it.
Its so freaking easy user. Go to an empty lot at night and practice. You'll get your scrapes and aches but you'll have a general grasp in a few days. It's not an instrument.

I skate a bit, and I know I don't have that kind of godly body, but most of my friends that skate do, so maybe i'm just not trying hard enough

Skateboarding an hour burns 500 calories. We would skate out of school and skate til dark or til cops kicked us out of every place we tried to skate. I've been skating 25 years, used to be sponsored but now older, fatter and body pretty damaged from stairs and rails.
LOVE Park represent and RIP
And yes longboarders are posers and rollerbladers are faggots. Word for life.

This. Rodney Mullen talks exactly about this in one or two of the interviews he has done over the years, and mentions it in one of the talks he did at TEDX.

Should check out his TEDX talk, for such a quiet bloke, he's intelligent as fuck.

Breaking shit at 40 seriously sucks man. I'm sure you are in way better shape than I am. I remember my dad at 40 skiing into a sign, and it fucked him up so bad. He couldn't bend enough to put socks on for like 2 years. I remember having to help him put on socks every day.. and his back was never the same after.

sounds cool I'll check it out.

Dude jusy fucking skate man. I guess its the life style all together too. But there some big fuck skaters out there too and they're still fit enough to rip it.

Exactly why Terry Kennedy started skating, to get away from the whole gangbanger shit his family was involved in.

Funnily enough, saw Dustin Dillon, TKs Baker teammate, out at the airport the other day.

Yeah that's how I really learned. Going to a parking lot with a mate and pushing each others skill and balance.

We used to play can football (soccer) kicking the can with the side of the front wheel and tic tac-ing around. No feet on the ground. Great for learning to balance..and learn how to fall instinctively before you start rolling into bowls or down hills.

When you come off at speed it's surreal how slow motion it feels as you fly twenty feet down the road flipping head over heels. If you don't know how to crumple and roll before you fall at speed you'll end up superman-ing off the board and getting road rash all over your face and hands.

His spatial acuity is off the charts. He's pretty Aspy, but his grasp of complex math allows him to nail the vectors others can't visualise. That and such absolute determination to break the limits and time and space to practice every spare minute.

He was always my inspiration as a skater and as a person.

penny are a meme

skate if you city , longb if you have long plain places to ride

Who are you sponsored by?

Exactly dude. I just love how he carries around books on Quantum Physics for the hell of it, and has tapes on that kinda shit, and Pure Mathematics, in his car, to listen to when he's bored as fuck.

What makes him based as fuck though, is how modest he is, when he made street skating what it is today, just because of all the freestyle tricks he invented.

The guy could be a raging cunt with how great he is, be in all his interviews, he downplays it like it's nothing.

Seriously, if I were gonna turn gay for someone, it would be Mullen.

The other amazing thing..or Aspy thing..about him was his wife was a tramp he met in a parking lot where he had a deal with the security guards, he'd clear up the shopping trolleys/carts and they'd let him skate.

Anyway, one night a tramp girl was watching him and they got chatting, over time she moved in.

Rooney Mullen was tramp user in reverse!

Go outside and jump as high as you can every 30 seconds for a couple hours. Then you'll understand

Haha I feel you! Him or Patrick Stewart for me.

That bald head is just something else, it's shape and shine, it's magnificent!

I started skating again last year after not skating since I was a kid. Im 23 now and shit was pretty scary to start back up with but as you progress and get more confident it's really fun and good exercise. You have to be prepared to hurt yourself a little though, and I swear it hurts more now than what it did back when I was a little shitkid.

You gotta hop twice between the jumps too. Push, push, pop.

Also sorry for the long ass post without any spacing.
It's been a while since I posted here.

Why are a lot of skaters faggots?

attention whores

such is the bane of riding a plank of wood on wheels. faggots it does create.

Seriously??? I've got his autiobiography at home, have read it cover to cover a couple of times, and he said his wife ended up working for World Industries when the company blew up, and that's how he met her.....

But yeah, pretty funny how he randomly skates around at 2am, just so people don't see him practicing.

Best story I've heard of him, in his book, how he was skating through a ghetto in LA, and some nignogs came up to shank him and rob him, until one of the nigs realised who he was from playing THPS. Basically saved his life, and asked him to do tricks for em.

He lol'd, did a bunch of freestyle tricks for em, and they all went away cheering the cunt for being such a champ.

Yeah adult pain is definitely different.

I think it's cos you brush off the minor stuff more easily than when you were a kid. But you have adult fear of bodily damage instead of risk taking kid mindset. Also you're taller and heavier, and usually stiffer.

You get used to it after a while though. Then it's just a normal part of life.

Just using it from A to B I'd still fall a couple times a year, skating at the park it's part of the lifestyle to have hurty bits most days.

Style

youtube.com/watch?v=tSVcRlwjjj0

Hahaha Das it mane

He's niggerproof, what more can you ask! The perfect companion.

Hahaha, well with the shit he had to put up with from his old man, no wonder he's niggerproof!

It was in a video interview I saw some years ago. A 411 interview or something like that. I don't think it was any of the YouTube biographicals.

Though I've watched all of those and will again, just watching him is an education.

Ey yo where my UK skaters at? Manchester over here representing the north

Best thing too, Globe have just re-released his RMS3 shoes. Got a pair the other day, and glad I did, cause they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

Fuck oath it is. My kids hate it cause I'm always showing them vids on him. Hahahaha

Newcastle fam

Although it's clear money isn't his focus and despite his ability with high level math he wasn't great at company bookwork.

I'd love to know how rich he is compared to Tony Hawk, after all Hawk did a 900 while Rodney invented virtually all Street tricks and a lot of pool tricks, which were adapted for vert.

Personally I find vert boring, I'd far rather watch a street course when it comes to competition. The Nike SB tournament Rob Dyrdek came up with is pretty decent though I'm not up to date on it atm.

Haha yeah, he said the same in his book.

And I'm the same fan. Don't mind watching vert, but fuck, seeing guys throw switch tre's down a 10-12 set, definitely makes you want to get out and try rip it up.

>pennyboard
more like fucking kill youself

Big ups the UK scene. Lesta representin the midlands

This is my current set up, but from when i first bought it. Shralped to fuck now

My favourite shoes were my Muska CM 902's, with a massive stash pocket in the tongue and just about every shoe technology at the time.

Though I owned three pairs in total and the longest the air bubbles lasted was a few days actual skating.

I smuggled an oz into Download festival in the zipped tongue stash of two pairs of those shoes tied to the outside of my bag. Made enough money for two of us to eat a couple times each day and have something to smoke and drink.

Skaterfag here

It's self explanatory if you have in mind that doing intense exercises during a hot sunny day it'll burn alot of calories while keeping you in shape

Most solicited muscles are thighs and calves

But skateboarding also require you to use your full body, not to the same extent than your lower part

It's also extremely mental

>pic related
Me, will dump others if interested

Bristol here for the last decade, but the first 30 years I'm South London born and bred.

Yeah, the actual pain when it does occur isn't what bothers me the most but it's trying to get over the "This will hurt like hell if I fall" mentality.
Being a kid was much simpler in that regard. being slightly more reckless.

Dropping down ramps is what scares me the most tbh, as I hit my head pretty hard once doing it. Also my FUCKING ANKLES HURTS LIKE A BITCH trying to master these flips

Hahahaha nice. Nothing beats a comfy as fuck shoe. Will happily spend a decent amount on em, cause I'm always on my feet.

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockwell_Skatepark&ved=0ahUKEwiPzOG97-3RAhXsIMAKHX46C3EQFgjRATAb&usg=AFQjCNEj4F8boIoGne0-dVZg4vFrMnN_jw&sig2=niDNf_NhTG3VYtI9OW9uWA

This was the park I grew up in, though it got a refit around the time I moved away.

It was originally a red concrete seventies built Park with a couple of bowls. In its new configuration it's half decent for street skating. Back in the day it was all about lazy turns and riding the sides of the big bowl. Had massive fucking cracks you had to pop over though back in the day.

Yeah the CM902's were £120 twenty years ago, hate to think what a top end shoe costs now.

I had a couple of pairs of Savier's too, the Brad Staba model with kevlar reinforced side panels and grippy not rubber around the toe, which also never wore down from griptape friction. Great shoes, but the soles were really thin and I wore both pairs down to the heel airbags. Then Savier went out of business :(

Now I can't find anything as high tech as the glory days of the nineties.

Dropping in is mind over matter. Not committing hurts so much more than being slightly over confident, with the former you fall backwards and smack your head on the lip, or tailslide down and land on your arse. If you fall forwards you should be able to tuck and roll or even land on your feet..which is why I blew air bubbles in days, nothing like losing your board as you go over the lip of the big bowl and having to run down six feet of vert before it levels out really sharply.

Imagine running like a cartoon character as fast as you can only as you get toward the bottom the angle of the curve starts to bring your knees up toward your chin as you try to tilt your upper body back and not faceplant into the drainage grill at the bottom.

It's a surreal feeling and it knackers your shoes if you're lucky and your ankles or knees if you're not.

Should give the Globe Mullen 3s a crack, or even the Globe Chet Thomas IV's a go. Comfy as hell dude

>pic related - the RMS3s

Oldskaterfag has to get some kip. Time to get up for school run in 3 hours.

Wish this thread could stick around, but no doubt will be gone by the time I wake up and get functional.

They're skinny because they're all 14, and if older than that probably starving hippies

Those look pretty nice. I'll have to go hunting tomorrow.

Been a year or so since I wore skate shoes, I don't want to look like a poser with just the shoes, but they are supremely comfortable and stable with good grip and they last longer than most brands..especially if you do skate.

OSF out. Sleep good y'all.

Yeah, one of the main reasons I get em too.

Keep ripping OSFbro!

If you were to quiz an adult skater about how happy they were with their life, in most cases they'd be happier destitute and skating than most of the millionaires who can no longer find pleasure in material things.

Not to mention skaters are universally happier than cubicle monkeys and minimum wage slaves.

It's not all about the money. I was happier being poorer and skating than better off and not. There's a joy of absolute exhilaration in skating that I've not encountered elsewhere. It's akin to wing walking, but you can do it anywhere with an incline..or even on flat ground with good bearings.

The only way it's going to be easy is if you skated when you were younger