Central America

What went so wrong?
>1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th countries with highest murder rate are all here
>astounding amounts of organized crime and gangs
Aside from Panama and Costa Rica all of these countries are worse-than-africa tier

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fxh3oh5YXiI
youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0
youtube.com/watch?v=k28vk2oN-_c
youtube.com/watch?v=zuOCFAc-MPk
youtube.com/watch?v=EKPPU-F0SCI&t=4191s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

belize isn't that bad either

Hot chicks though.

Drug Cartels and CIA; sorry about that.

/thread

You put Panama on the right track more or less lol

idk lmoa

They're literally Mexico.

This is the song for this thread ;3
youtube.com/watch?v=fxh3oh5YXiI

:^)
youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0

Am*rica

youtube.com/watch?v=k28vk2oN-_c

No, central and South America are México's Mexico

Isnt Nicaragua better?

They have less crime than Panamá or Costa Rica, but they are the most corrupt, and the most poor in all of Central America.

lyrics please, also, that girl is hella smexy :3
youtube.com/watch?v=zuOCFAc-MPk

I thought they would live better, since they have a far lower population density.
I am very ignorant on central America but I always thought the problem was very high population in a small territory with no natural resources.

Nicaragua doesn't sound that bad t bh

Their problem is that they have Venezuela tier government.

No you dumb shit

El Salvador is strongest militarily not counting any potential US aid

>They have less crime than Panamá or Costa Rica, but they are the most corrupt, and the most poor in all of Central America.
so they're the Bolivia of Central America?

>El Salvador is strongest militarily not counting any potential US aid
Literally 1/4th of it's population is involved in a criminal gang.

Yeah and they're still strongest militarily, they've captured the Honduran capital before
The rest of CA only uses their military to fight Cocaine growers

I dont think a Venezuela tier government is possible without oil. The gov cant just decide to fuck everything and have everybody eating from their hand because the State owns the only source of revenue.
It may be almost a dictatorship, but the economy has been constantly growing this decade, and it keeps the country safe.

Mmm no sweetie

>South America is México's Mexico

RUDE

If you were Chilean I would said something like "well we don't have that many Chilean inmigrants but we do have a fucking bunch of negrolombianos"

Cosa graciosa que fue precisamente un colombiano quien respondió.

Central America is Salvadorian clay

Why is Central America so violent yet the Mexican states bordering Central America are comparatively peaceful, Sup Forums?

Salvadorian immigrants are by far the worst immigrants because they're always either dirt poor and seeking asylum to get away from the gangs or they're a gang member themselves

Thanks for the eternal reminder

>What went wrong
Everything

They are very rural and poor like Nicaragua. Though they have Marxist guerilla fighters in the jungles, but they haven't done anything for a long time.

I don't see anything wrong with any of that

Southernmost states of Mexico are indigenous amerindian communities I'd assume they're generally left alone
Its probably not been that long since the last civil war in CA
El Salvador destroyed about 80% of its telephone lines and bridges in its civil war which didn't end til the 90's admittedly because of us
Nicaragua also had a civil war in the 80's I think their was a scandal here called the Iran-Contra scandal in which our president and generals were caught selling weapons and missles to Iran to fund dictatorship in Nicaragua, same was done in El Salvador which extended their war by at least 6 years
Guatemalas president was deposed in a CIA scheme and installed a puppet dictator to help out fruit companies here. They also descended into civil war
No clue about Honduras but they're shit
Costa Rica?

It's because you don't live near them

Most of central america actually has some really nice beaches, but people dont visit them due to the regional instability. Costa Rica gets a lot of money because of tourism and while their government is corrupt, its relatively stable. Could you tell me anything about the US's intervention in Panama? I don't really know much about it

desu, they don't, they just don't have reports outside of a few towns, most of the country is still the wild west.

Anyway, Nicaragua is not that bad, they are just very poor and underdeveloped, controlled by a family.

Only Chile and Urgay are less corrupt than CR in LA, then again, thats like being first in the special olympics.

I've been to Nicaragua and those were the ugliest women I had seen in my life. I'm not sure where the stereotype comes from but I was severely disappointed. Also all the stuff OP says is true, before I went I was all tolerant-lefty BS and I came back with almost pol-tier rage.

Panama got full bombed and invaded but no one cared here, although that's not unique to panama, its completely forgotten and ignored
At the time there was confusion around the invasion with no clear reasons given but they had a dictator and he was got rid of and a new president placed
I assume one more agreeable to our Gov

los colombianos vienen siendo un equivalente a un mexicano de montaña, que intentas hacer negro? callate

see this documental

youtube.com/watch?v=EKPPU-F0SCI&t=4191s

Also that dictator they got rid of in Panama worked for the CIA for a long time sabotaging guerilla groups fighting against other US appointed dictators in Nicaragua and El Salvador

Excuse me sweetie but Mexico is rightful Guatemalan clay, and so is Belize, therefore, South America is rightful Guatemalan clay as well. ;^)
ILyyy sry

>cuzcatlan
>tlan

Dumb Peneleno, we do visit our own beaches besides them being a warzone. Please don't tell me about my own country ty goodbye ;3

Tropical countries are doom to poverty and murders if they don't have tourists, an international trafic or if they aren't tax heavens.

>we visit our own beaches
did you misunderstand me? or are you just not very bright

Since this seems to be the only measure you guys care about when talking about Central America, when will this meme end?

What¿idk :(

Finally a decent thread about central america
Callate puto
Mayas > aztecas
"""Tu tierra""" es la tierra de mis antepasados, por lo tanto es mía. Ahora hazme unos tacos con chocolate ;33

estoy hablando de turismo

Mayans are Mexicans, though, and so is chocolate.

Is it true that Mexicans are prejudiced against central americans?

Some are, but most people don't really care and some others see them as friends (not many). We don't get a lot of new about them, so it's not like we think about them all that much, and I guess it is the same from them regarding us.

More like mexicans are mayans, also i knew about the chocolate being yours. Bravo ;3
youre so right Chile. Our beaches suck ass tho. I prefer salvadorian and hondurian beaches

>guatemala is a nahuatl word
>quetzal is a nahuatl word
>guatemala is nahuatl clay
:^)

Yes.
Mexicans think they're so high and mighty over Central Americans, but get butthurt when white Americans do the same to them.

t. Salvi

because all the refugees flow up to chihuahua to try and cross the desert into elnorte

because mexicans arent animals

I don't really see people complaining about you (those people exist, don't get me wrong) the way the US does to us, honestly, and it is not like we portray you as a bad (or good) thing in any of our media in contrast with anti-mexican fueled propaganda from the US.

Aside from some meme games from CONCAshit we really never think about you.

we kept some of the names because us keqchis were busy doing more relevant stuff besides naming dumb spots in our country. Basically, the "Mexican" words we have as cities, is just a translation of the original dialect which was keqchi to your dumb nahuatlebonics rapebabie language. So yeah thats the real story they dont tell your David Bisbal

>Costa Panamá
Good

>t. Salvi
Not on my watch

shots fired

All I know is that you all smell like poop.

t. Chihuahuano

The real Mayans almost disappeared before the end of the first millennium the only survivors emigrated to Yucatan and got merged with the last toltecans that also emigrated there.

Yucatecan Mayans > Nahualts > Nahualt slaves AKA "kekchis"

Mmm no sweetie, the real mayans where in Peten, which was literally untouched during your ""invation"". Yes keqchis were btfoed by Nahuatls but the epithome of the mayan culture AND mesoamerica was Peten, which remained pure until a bunch of Spaniard conquistadors went full apeshit there. So yeah guatemalan mayans didnt actually disappear but mixed with a bunch of those "wh*ites" so Mayans > everything you listed above

Yes you fucking faggot, but they all died or emigrated to Yucatan at the end of the classical period.

Guatemalans are the WE WUZ of America, the modern day Guatemalans doesn't have original Mayan blood and the closer to that only exist in Yucatan and it isn't pure even there, they got merged with toltecans.

mmm no sweetie, they got bleached then moved to southern occidental guatemala which got nahuatl'ed before. Then they moved to Yucatan but some of them stayed in what we know today as San Marcos and Quiché

Oh I see, you're retarded

OUIIIII MAYENS N NAHUTLS A SHITT

The natives weren't genocided when they should've been

Bad Australia bad. Don't think like that !

t. Abo

Because of Mexican imperialism.

Fuck you pizza

> lake nicaragua
> borders costa rica

It actually does not touch Costa Rica.

:|

yeah :/

Half of the Chiapa's jungle is controlled by literal commies that hate drugs and stuff, the other half is free passage for drugs as long as is not sold in the land.
Veracruz is a hellhole because of its strategic place as a port, we don't have a problem with drugs because we're not junkies, we have a problem with selling drugs because we're very good at it.

Maya originated mesoamerica cylture

Ahm, no?

bump

Kaibiles, are tough so I'll agree.

iirc Basically Noriega the Panamanian president was trafficking drugs into the US. We told him to fuck off and he didn't. Tensions were rising, an American officer got the shit beat out of him when he was with his wife one night, and other shit that we didn't like. We launched a massive airborne attack with the 82nd airborne division and the Rangers who jumped and seized the airport. I think Marines had a breakout from the Canal Zone as well. They ended up marching on the capital, and Noriega hid in a Vatican embassy. We surrounded it and blasted rock music on big speakers nonstop until he came out and surrendered.

Some great pics came out of it though.

could i visit central america? is it really dangerous?