Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums, have you ever lost contact with someone who once meant a lot to you and then decided to message them after a while of not talking? Like, an ex love or something. Did it go alright or was it a bad idea? Is it always a bad idea?

Went out with girl, had good times. Heart broken after 1 year together, lust and love seemed gone.. missed her dearly after 1 year. messaged her old number, "is this user?"... "this is user's mother, she passed away in a car accident 1 month ago"... fuck me..

Fuck dude.. I'm sorry to hear that :^(

33 years old here.

leave em in the past. just move on.

Beta. Go jump.

epic

Always do it if you wanna/feel like you need too. BUT. What ever the answer is, take it. No = No. Yes = Yes. We already have enough irl-creepers on this fucked up piece of shitty Earth.

That's very true. All I want to do is say "Hey" and see where it goes from there

whose this girl?

You mean the girl in the picture or the girl that I'm referring to? Idk who the girl in the pic is

the girl in the pic.

Only woman I ever loved

Saw her many years later, found her Facebook

>Hi, do you remember me?

>no answer

:( shid

>Is it always a bad idea?
Why? What's the worst that could happen? That they're not interested in you anymore? Contacting someone is not a commitment to anything.

sometimes its a terrible idea, sometimes its fine.

I've gone a decade without talking to people, got back in touch, and started a fresh friendship with them that I couldn't have had at the time. I've also done it and found they're a completely different person - or worse the exact same person.

cant hurt to try though. what's the worst that could happen?

> the girl in the pic is
?????????
what?
at least finish that thought.

No dude you misread me, I said that I don't know who the girl in the pic is, sorry

After a quick google search I found out that she's "Imogen Dyer"

Mostly a bad idea.
One girl I dated in HS I found out she's in prison for meth possession (3rd strike.)
Another was 36 when I looked her up, she looked like she was 80.
Another one who had a crush on me but was an ugly duckling, so I blew her off. Looked up her FB because I was bored, huge mistake, she's fucking gorgeous now....and married.
Looked up a girl I dated in college and lost touch with, fat and ugly now.
Called up a girl from my mid-twenties, 5 years later, to meet for drinks. Faces of meth is for real with that bitch; walked in, didn't recognize anybody, she hollered at me, I RAN to my car.
I don't look up exes anymore.

Most of the time you've got nothing to lose. That said it's bad to message someone out of the blue and expecting anything romantic. Typically if they're invested in another relationship they'll mention it and depending on the timing that can leave you in an awkward position if the main reason you messaged them was for that.

In my experience people will speak for a short while. They'll ask about your life, you'll ask about theirs, and then the conversation ends. Unless you or they take a concrete initiative in saying that you're/they're going to make contact again/meet up then you're unlikely to hear back from them for a long time (i.e. you'll be back at square one).

Welp, I messaged her. I said "Hey"

Guess we'll see where it goes from there

Ask for a pic up front!

>Hey
You fucked up

RIP OP

>date same girl thru college and early 20's
>lives at my house real nice domestic scene developing
>goes to Rhode Island to visit old school friends who had a kid
>comes back acts all distant, breaks up with me on he phone when i was at work
>turs out she hooked up with some dude she knew as a teen working at a Barnes And Nobles
>spend years heartbroken, throw myself into work
>they got married, so did i but got divorced, feel like a failure
>get an email from her. Fat husband wanted open marriage. He is dating other people, broke on a bookstore and substiture teacher salery
>turns out she got fat too, living from hand to mouth with a husband who doesnt love her
>i had more money and stuff when she left me than they do together now

Used to live with me in a nice house in Queens, no need to work, all she wanted. Now ... still driving the same Dodge she had when we met.

I have had some go really well, and done go meh. But none went badly. Some were really homely or fat of both. Time is a bitch to most women.

El RIP, muchacho.

The best thing that can possible come out of messaging an ex or old flame is to be ignored and hear nothing back.

I'm actually starting to,hope she doesn't respond because I already regret messaging her

Who the fuck am I kidding of course I hope she responds

ugh..

Yea I used to talk to a friend of mine, and talked a long time for all of 2014. We talked from like 7-8pm to 3-4am. I would get her things like games and shit like that, and when 2015 came, we just stopped talking all that year until I called her on her birthday. I plan to see her one day to hang out once again.

good luck pro

I actually just recently got back together with a girl I talked to a lot in middle school. We both had just gotten out of shit relationships. Now we're both happier than either of us have ever been. So in my case, it went all too well. I get along with her and her family so so well. I might want to marry this one.

You can't go. Home again

Thanks user

well good thing you didn't start the convo horny and ask for nudes

Broke up with a girl cause I was stupid as fuck...was the on I let go...then re met her years later... Everything was great but I managed to fuck it up again cause I wouldn't let go of a long distance relationship I had. Now I'm with the long distance girl and every fuckin day of my life I wonder if I made a horrible mistake...

Rip dingus
>H-Hey.
WTFWT