Why don't we use diamonds to make cars? Since they're the hardest known metal the car wouldn't be damaged in a crash

Why don't we use diamonds to make cars? Since they're the hardest known metal the car wouldn't be damaged in a crash

Other urls found in this thread:

reference.com/beauty-fashion/can-break-diamond-fa9bb2c4efb7f0c4
youtu.be/x9MrhY6Xnbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice bait, I'm waiting to see how many newfags you attract.

You're absolutely correct, keep it up we need people like you in our government

How is that bait?

I agree with OP
Technically, that would work
The problem obviously is not enough diamonds

Costs aside, your right.

first of faggot,

diamond not metal

second, two cars made of diamond crashed into one another of the results would be the same as any other car crash just with moar diamond

faggot

well not really since the only thing to damage a diamond is a diamond, so a car of diamonds into another car of diamonds well you can see.

If we only knew what we should have known now ipanon.com

diamonds are brittle dawg

Diamonds are the hardest thing to scratch, but they can break if you drop them on a hard surface.

So you would have a car that can only be scratched by other diamond cars. So maybe it's not worth the millions or billions.

diamonds shatter like glass retard, they are the hardest gem yes, but they are very weak and brittle. Hardness and strength are two different things, did any of you fucktards go to highschool?

Well because they are a very conductive metal, if lighting strikes, then everyone is electrocuted.

that sounds like bullshit, nether car would be damaged

Because Its too heavy. 1 grams of diamonds wear something like 15 grams

Samefag here. Check this out.
reference.com/beauty-fashion/can-break-diamond-fa9bb2c4efb7f0c4

>Hardness and strength are two different things,
Lol yea ok

But they're hardest metal, so no break

Sorry, hardest metal is Cannibal Corpse.

So a car made out of Cannibal Corpse would win.

-_-

>1 gram = 15 grams

wut.

You might want to re-think that

The diamond part isn't the issue, we can all contribute by getting diamond hard.

Check out this vid of a jeweler breaking a diamond with a simple hammer.
youtu.be/x9MrhY6Xnbw

OP ur a faggot we dont make cars with diamond because how do we make the diamon in the form of the car!!
thats why we only use diamonds in diamond shape because we dont have any way to work on them because all tools break on them, except diamond tools they do nothing

Need car to crush in bang crash up
crumple up soften blow
soften blow faggot driver good live
give diamond to ho, get fucked for while

It's common core, you wouldn't understand

Parkway Drive is harder and heavier metal.

That haiku is overlong

Are you driving fast or driving slow,
Diamond Cars are the way to go

>hardest known metal
>known metal
>metal

I'd say Linkin Park is more versatile metal

But in the end
It doesn't even matter

B A N N E D

underrated post

you heat it up and bend them stupid

actually the hardest metal is Diphenylchloroarsine's new album you fucking nigger
(sorry if this is Graham)

fuck me i need to make a lasting impression before i die of cancer or heart dsease
help me????

Yes they are a very good banned is what I am saying comrade.

Ben Dover

This IS Graham
Vistaprint

Diana Friar

Diamonds are dense. Density = mass/volume. Diamond has a density of 3.51 gm/cm^3 so a small cube of 1cm^3 would weigh 3.51g There's a difference between tensile strength and ductile strength. Metal has high ductile strength because of the lattice. Diamond has a low tensile strength not being able to withstand pressure

You can make a diamond at home... It takes awhile and its not high grade but it is completely doable to synthesize the issue is more cost..

The reason we make modern cars from shitty materials is that they're supposed to get wrecked in a crash. It dampens the impact on the body, so higher chance to survive. Make an indestructible car and crash with it and the driver is mush.

Its not the crash itself that does damage its the sudden stop (Agreeing with this user). All the force from that car moving put to a sudden stop would unleash thousands of newtons of force

why not go the other way from OP and just make all cars from sponges then?

maybe they should make condoms out of diamond to stop people like you making threads like this

They wouldn't be able to withstand the heat of the engine or hold up anything really, let alone you sitting there

cars would have to be 3 times longer and 5 times wider

>hardest known metal

> hardest known metal

Hillary supporters... not even once

Well you know how car companies are, they would either make diamond cars, or metal cars

Nice try bitch. Everyone knows that DragonForce is the hardest known metal.

Only diamond can destroy diamond you stupid cunt and do you even know how much that shit would cost in the first place

They r using pretend diamonds because real is to expensive

Shape car like diamond retard

Cost actually isn't a big deal. With enough heat and pressure, you can make diamonds out of any carbon. The problem is diamonds have 90° cleavage, so if you hit it at a 90° angle it would shatter. Also, diamonds are flammable. They are made of carbon, just like coal

newfag, leave

If nothing can destroy a diamond how can fire....

Science

I've been on Sup Forums for 10 years and seen a lot of crazy shit, but this might be the stupidest question I've ever seen.

Lets assune for a moment it could work. You wouldnt want an uncrushable car, you would be soup in an accident.

You'd be a person in an accident, soup can't drive a car stupid

Really big diamonds, like most crystals, are actually pretty brittle.

10 years? Bullshit....your only 12. Get out newfag

>been on Sup Forums for 10 years

still falls for bait

Can you make diamonds with bleach and amonia?

Diamond s aren't metal dumbfuck it's crystalized carbon would you make a car out of charcoal brickets?

it's spelled "briquette"

The amount of people who have never come across this before is genuinely saddening. As is the fact that no-one so far has mentioned that diamonds are the SECOND hardest metal... After DragonForce

I wouldn't recommend it...