ITT: We talk about the exponential rate at which technology is advancing

ITT: We talk about the exponential rate at which technology is advancing.

Things you will see happen in your life time.
>Holographic face computers.
>Artificial intelligence.
>Personalized matrixes.
>End of disease.
>End of death.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KTZAVJG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485919453&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=the immortality deliberations&dpPl=1&dpID=51FVwNzzMaL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im honestly waiting for the day I can become a cyborg

Me too dude. Can't wait.

I'm just living for sex robots.

Just a few more years.

you could make one yourself with a couple arduinos, a raspberry pi, and a flesh light/dildo (whatever floats your boat). Also you could loosen your definition of robots to include fucking machines or be more specific if you want a humanoid robot. But to be honest you'll get non-humanoid interactive fuck toy with VR integration before you get an adequate humanoid robot sex partner.

no, the sex bots need to be sentient so they now i am mutilating them

This is true facts.

OP is retarded

you niggers need to learn a thing or two about japland, they have this kind of shit over there. google it for christ sake

Your mom's vagina is retarded.

Then you may have to wait longer. But with the increasing capabilities of cloud computing the computation limitations in a humanoid form may be surpassed faster than people realize. Who knows, we could invent the geth as sex bots.
They don't have the AI quite up to it yet I don't think, and most of the humanoid looking bots currently around are in the uncanny valley so fucking them would be awkward and uncomfortable. The mobility of the bots is probably also a current problem unless you just want to slam dat ass doggy style or something.

Forgot to mention that weight could also be a problem.

end of death is going to take like 120 years
sorry bro

Yeah, they get too smart to fuck your fatass

the real money maker right here

Wrong.

Death can never end. Everything dies. That's just how it is.

What do you guys think about automation induced job loss and universal basic income?

What makes you think that?

Lobsters live forever if left alone

Inevitably.

Do you faggots even moore's law?

Name something that hasn't died...

It is known

I meant of the robot. Motors and batteries are pretty heavy. Computing could be offloaded with wireless connections and skeletal structures could be made using a strong light weight material.
They could use a thermally conductive material for the flesh to act as heatsinks and increase the touch element though.

You realize that we're nearing the end of Moore's law, right? Current methods of manufacturing chips are reach the upper most limit of what is physically possible. The next step is quantum computing. Which is rapidly gaining traction

Pretty excited for the next decade or so of computer advancement

False

Read actual scientific articles. Not BuzzFeed.

Before 1903 no person had ever flown before, but it happened none the less. Before 1969 no one had ever walked on the moon, but that also happened.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

"End of death" means indefinite biological life extension and/or uploading. Yes bodies and computers can always be destroyed.

>program controllers to the servos
>get ready to fuck your new bot
>something happens
>servos are the wrong torque
>programmed for high speed
>forgot lube
>wired fleshlight tears the flesh off your dick
but dem arduino sex bots

just the wandering mind of an engineer, pay no mind.

Thete are over 7 billion people who have never died.

Not the same concept.

Those where physics based and computation based acts. Immortality is not a physical or medical possibility. Organisms all decay. The rate might slow and we may live longer, but biologically we cannot live forever.

I bet you know what he means though..

There is no biological reason an organism couldn't in theory be made to live forever. More to the point, what we want to preserve is the memories and personality, which are some data and some (admittedly very complex) algorithm that can be digitized and copied for back purposes.

If you had immortality then "life" would cease to have meaning. If you never had to lose a loved one or fear for your life we would become cold and almost robotic. Death is what makes us human.

Again, what makes you think that? Even if you are right, then we will just get rid of our biological bodies and make better ones.

If that
Then this

No. No. No. No, and no.
>People need death to live.
No.

>organisms all decay
>will eventually die
not true.

>no biological reason

Read about Hayflick limits. Every cell eventually loses its ability to decide and then dies. This is nature, our bodies are programmed to die.

Not to live, to keep their humanity.

Read

If you cannot give yourself meaning outside of death or cannot imagine what to do for an infinite amount of time then I feel very sorry for you, as the weight of the horrific situation we have been born into has crushed what should by all rights be your indomitable human spirit.

>Humanity is for chumps. It's not as special as people like to think it is. There are better ways to live.

Lobsters, jellyfish, cockroaches, certain shark things, microscopic organisms, in fact arguably anything that splits cells potentially could live forever

Read The Immortality Deliberations. You might find it interesting regarding those thoughts.

What if we modified the mechanism that causes that to happen? The whole point of medicine is fucking with how our bodies naturally work.

Again, Hayflick limits...

Didn't anyone get past high school biology?

There are a few organisms, albeit simple ones, which are biologically immortal. Look up Hydra.

Link?

I wanna see quantum computers used to make truly instantaneous communication at any distance via quantum entanglement.

Possible, but that kind of science would be damn near impossible to test on humans. Regulations on stem cell testing are ridiculously rigid and they are phenomenal in regard to healing powers. If they have strict regulations on that imagine how difficult it would be to get testing on reconfiguring natural cell decay.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KTZAVJG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485919453&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=the immortality deliberations&dpPl=1&dpID=51FVwNzzMaL&ref=plSrch

not every cell, cancer cells dont have a hayflick limit, this is what makes them grow so quick

me too user. FTL communication will be especially great for space exploration and deep space probes.

Too bad Western laws are unchangeable and there are no Asian countries which couldn't give less of a fuck about the ethics of medical research...

see

SO IF I BECAME 100% CANCER I CAN LIVE FOREVER.,.?!

Link to a file, I don't want paper.

see and

yeah i guess you could say that hahah
obviously cancer cells have more modifications than just this though

This is the entire premise of Sup Forums.

It has an ebook. That's how I read it. It's a cheap read but it's interesting.

hence why it will live forever, full of cancer

it's also the basis of Deadpool

kek

>matrixes
It's matrices, you cunt.

Oh okay. Thanks user.
>You didn't have to call me a cunt though

More importantly, I can already have any matrix I want. How much more personalized can it get?

I just want to be able to create a 3d model of any chick that I want from using multiple facebook photos from different angles and compiling them together and then fucking her in VR with a Kiroo Max on my cock

Everyone secretly wants a basement slave.or your a liar

so much cringy akchually in this thread

>bois hurry! it' the bing bang bologna in TV now!! ZAZUNGAAAA

While I support you having the choice to do this, it is a sad road you are going down.

anything you do in this life is sad when viewed from the right perspective. fucking a 3D model shouldn't be any sadder than having a threesome with some skanks

I, for one, am embarrassed to be scientifically and mathematically literate and appreciate you giving me an opening to express this. The number of polysyllabic words I just used was disgraceful.

dude, how much spaghetti can those pockets hold!!??

Whatever floats your boat dude, just be sure to record it when you finally get to the really crazy shit.

all eth spahget

Lol

Nope it'll be like 10 years before we hit the limit. We're at 14nm architecture now, that can be brought down to 10nm, then 7nm, then 5nm. 5nm is the limit.

I think you guys seriously misunderstand how long that will take. More than 20 years for sure.

Yeah we'll be able to handle mind uploading before any of that shit.

Pretty sure you've already reached the threshold, boyo

I've got 20 years left, lets go

You aren't gonna do shit faggot.

I'm going to keep bumping this thread because it's interesting and I like it and don't want it to die.

The fuck kind of faggotry is this?

Or maybe not it seems kinda dead now. Someone smarter than me come in here pls.

All threads are doomed to die. A thread would have no meaning if it went on forever.

You better appreciate it when your loved one die, asshole.

No that's stupid and you're stupid for saying so

What do you want to know, my child.

Not if I say it with religious shit mixed in. Then I'm considered a sane person. Aren't you glad that person got to die of cancer and go to heaven?

Real life Frankensteins, not just a few parts like now.