Well, Sup Forums?

Well, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can I run over both?

good variation on a common philosophical question.

to me saving A makes more sense, since even adding up the potential years everyone on column B could have left it wouldnt amount to the potential years person A has.

The person on A is clearly not 1 year old.

'A'

>Derails on the sharp ass turns
>Profit

doesn't matter how old A is, their life will never amount to as much as any two of those 90 yr/old lives combined

assuming its going fast enough to derail.

we just dont know in this case.

what a stupid way to look at life.

holy shit.

>trump supporter?

Kid on A contributed nothing to society yet, but could. People on B could, but it's likely for a number of reasons.
So B, because it would be new and better material for a rekt thread and would traumatize the kid. Also, you might go to prison if you help kill the kid.

Grab person a, put them at the back of line B with their eyes facing the trolly.

Replace trolly with fucking TRUCKASAURUS and drive that motherfucker down at full speed, flames blazing

spin around and run that old nigger down yelling "REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!"

B people worked/helped community all of their lives. Even if they didn't they fucking suffered. So yeah they deserve to live even if it's 1 day or 1 hour more.

unlikely* Goddamit, brain.

If it's going slow you could just switch it to A and then try to save person A anyway. At least then you would have tried saving all 26 people, with a 25/26 success rate.

Anyone who would condemn a person for that is fucking retarded anyway. No one is obligated to have to make such a decision in the first place.

Wasn't the original test that you had possibility to turn the lever, which would avert the rails to run over 1 person instead of 5. And if you chose to pull the lever, it was sign of psychopathy.

But yeah, apparently this shit isn't as black and white as old psychiatrics thought, who btw were about 99% time wrong with their hypothesis. In current world I would just run from situation like a faggot and claim I never saw anything happen, because my god if someone knows I touched that lever.... You fly into jail in a heartbeat.

Oh wait. that's not a cane. that's a switch

whatever. grab that nigger and put him on the line too. TRUCK A SAUR US! VROOM VROOM!

Just destroy the tracks and save everyone?

every one of those 90 year old's would gladly give themselves for the 1 year old.
/thread

seriously, sometimes, when i look at the responses of people here to simple philosophical questions... it makes sense that the world is shit.

>we are fucked.

Attempt to generate a random value either 1 or 0 in my head and pull the switch accordingly.

wew ur sew dep rly med mi thunk

oh, fuck off!

''What lever, Your Honour?''

I would, given the situation.

But look at this variation It's a lot more relevant.

kill everyone kek

well played user

A, because life is a nightmare composed only of non-stop misery, and killing this kid before his life really began would be an act of mercy.

why is my dick stuck in a track?

Does it matter?

>Does it matter?
clearly

Stay on Sup Forums long enough and you'll develop any fetish.

Multitrack drifting

Let her be john, let her be.

Role in front of the track but switch it. Don't wanna live maimed, but willing to give my life for others.

Yes, I'm doing well, thank you.

Obviously new contender for painolympics.

>let train run over 90 yo apes
>break lever off and club 1yo ape to death
>buy a corn dog
>go home happy

I mean if you think about it, it really doesn't matter which one you choose because you can't know the consequences of either so it doesn't make sense to try and justify it because you have no idea how it will affect any of the involved parties.

if its going that slow I could board and stop it

That's the first test, then you have to pick between doing nothing and letting the five die and pushing a fat person that's fat enough to stop the trolley. I don't see the difference between killing by pushing a person or pulling a lever, but most people woudnt want to push someone to their death.

Switch it to A, my dick will derail the train.

>the worth of a man is not in the individual
>the worth of a man is in the garbage he makes that my "society" can take from him

Still on that shallow ass "contribootion to society" kick, huh user. See how happy you are when you realize how that mindset ends.

I'd chose to let A live.

World would probably be better off with out B. As we get older we get set in our ways and start to fight progress and change. Old people (not all) hold the world back.

flip the switch after the front wheels have passed the junction but before the back wheels have

Are you letting A live, or are you making A live?

How fucked would it be tho, all those people at the end of row B are watching people die and its coming right for them

>you have no idea how it will affect
A fucking train will dominate mafk

I'm letting the train hit B. So I guess I'm letting A live.

Ohhh, that's how it was. Yeah, it makes more sense. Since pushing someone to death is basically murder, but the question was if you can justify it. And if you can in your small mind, it was sign of psycopath.

MULTI TRACK DRIFT INTO THEM
youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU

Utilitarianism vs. literally meaningless armchair philosophy

This is why western civilization destroying itself totally and repeatedly is inevitable. It's a bottom of the barrel materialism and utter lack of philosophy and worth and meaningful purpose, that grows and grows under pressure until the slightest spark is all it takes to ignite it and self-destruct.

Poor choice of words. By "society" I mean "something I consider interesting". I don't care about society, I care about myself.

Yes.

I mean the impact of the deaths of one group or the survival of the other will have so it is ridiculous to try and justify it. Also who am I to interrupt the plans of a guy who captured a shit ton of old women and a kid? He must've put a lot of effort into it so I'm not going to disrupt it by moral fagging my way through this scenario.

The fuck you on about.

If you flipped the switch right as it was going over the junction, wouldn't it derail?

either one is fucked. i just made the least fucked one based on the potentiality for a long life. something columb B already had.

Moral nihilism is the only answer so inaction is the best option

Rejecting the worth inherent in the individual, you will never have any worth.

It won't come from the plastic injection molded screwdriver handles you'll be making as an adult. Choosing to be a worthless individual is your own decision. A whole society of worthless individuals has no problem annihilating itself. But, since they're all worthless, they're right, it's no big loss.

Enjoy your worthlessness.

double kek

that option is just as good as any other one. cant disagree.

>/btard
>I care about myself

orly
no
u don't say
orly
no
u don't say
orly
no
u don't say

But A could grow up to become Justin Bieber.

Also this

Pulling a lever to cause someone's death is murder too, you don't have to touch the person or the garment they are wearing for it to be considered murder. The test doesn't prove that some people are psychos, it proves that most people are too much of pussies to kill someone directly, but they would kill if you put a mechanism inbetween and they have justification for it.

they have to die

Wow it was almost super deep the second time.

>tfw you think that by being like everyone else and doing an equally arbitrary job as making screwdriver molds gives you some kind of value or worth

>But A could grow up to become Justin Bieber.

all of B's were just like justin bieber.

anyway, answer the question with what you know, not with what you dont.

>fucking retard.

Yup. From society's point of view B is the best option. Then again, value of human life is not that easily determined.
Literally no good answer here. I'm going to do Kirkenings and say C, spiderman option. Spiderman stops the train

>what are all these words for?
>i don't read words to think things user

perhaps you'd like some pictures

What are the races of the people involved?

Exactly, no matter what you choose it doesn't really matter because you can't know the effects this will have and the individual is only subjectively right or wrong by their own standards.

Most people do care only about themselves and their loved ones.

this!

you stupid fuck!

all the oldfags could spread the wisdom over the planet!

i like you. i'd let you suck my dick.

It's a one brainer, dude.

At 90yo, most people on b would be begging for death, the others have Alzheimer's. Full speed ahead

Any scenario that doesn't involve self preservation is arbitrary and doesn't make sense to make an argument for because whatever you choose will in someone's eyes will be inherently evil.

Are those bananas?

There could be 10k people on those rails. I'm gonna pass down my own genes.

I prefer to jack off to dead babies though

>tumblr

>mental masturbation.

Does not killing someone to prevent going to prison count as self preservation?

I mean I can't say i would like or dislike that because to like or dislike that does not pertain to self preservation and it would have no negative consequences unless you had some kind of disease then I would have to decline because it would threaten my livelihood.

did that stop hitler?

Can I get a newer, bigger, better dick if I sacrifice my current one to save all these lives?

Cause I'm not sayin I'm small, but, like, I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to get another inch or two, yaknow what i'm sayin???

A 1 year old would fit fine between the rails and under the trolley, so that person wouldn't get hurt.

I mean if you don't want to go to prison then you should refrain from killing someone but you aren't doing it for moral reasons.

if only you could find someone to take your seed

Depends on aspect and scale which you look at things. In cosmic universe it doesn't mean shit what people do, but for company a single worker definitely has a worth measured. Say if that worker has a wife whom the worker supports monetarily, it would on very small scale be irreplaceable worth to have such a husband.

This is /b.
Whatever you're thinking, dumb it down about 800%.

As long as you don't write your stupid shit here.

fuck them

would you like me to explain what user meant?

The killing of Jews is not an ethical dilemma because it doesn't really matter unless you're Jewish i suppose

Nazis certainly didn't.

whoa that's genius