Roger Delgado edition

erased from time:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cn9fZKQilPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Za is no leader

Why live?

To see 12 regenerate. Then you can go.

Dead thread. I shall put it out of its misery, in the name of peace and sanity.

>Is this Nardole from before the Husbands of River Song? If so does 12 wipe his memory?
how many times has the Doctor in the new series actually met people out of order? I'm asking because fans speculate every year that the Doctor is going to meet a previously established character out of order ala River, and so far they've always been wrong.
They're probably just going to pull a Strax on him.

Just want to say thanks to the guy who posted this like three years ago, it's been my desktop wallpaper ever since

Don't do it old man.

Pls yes put me out of my misery

Any Moment now Get it?
I said Moment which is also the name of the bomb
Damn I'm smart

Why die?

Did I mention that if the thread gets to 20 posts then the bomb is disabled?

What you're doing is against our name!

RIP in about 10 mins

What is that device?

These threads always devolve into shitposting, I'm destroying the thread before that happens. I'm doing what I'm doing in the name of peace in /who/, is that not worthy of The title of "Doctor"?

Do you realize, that by destroying the thread, you destroy yourself?

And there will be another.

I wont let you.

In the shitposting vortex known as /who/ there will always be a glimmer of light that will carry on my will.

youtube.com/watch?v=cn9fZKQilPo

>What? Stop it.

That's the spirit! One more post...

I will solve the crisis

Thanks Obama

We left a lot of shit taste at the end of the last thread. Yikes.

That was just 10 shitposting before he regenerates. He's been at it for years.

Was my decision truly bad? I did what I did to help and bring peace to not only /who/ but Sup Forums. Isn't that what being a /who/lord is all about? I will stop the bomb for now but remember that i will always be here in the shadows watching, reporting and protecting.

kek

W-Who are you?

I bet the Brig started shooting at him when he visited.

Orange tardis sucks

>Underworld Part 3
>The center of the planet has zero gravity
>How do we move? Just push!

Fucking hell

I am the one who protects anonymously, the one who works to keep /who/ safe. I am the light in the dark vortex of shitposting, the savior of Sup Forums that no janitor can amount to. I am

>It's a "Tom Baker looks directly into the camera and breaks the fourth wall" episode
Fuck off Tom

Why, you don't like jelly babies?

No, I quite like them but I don't understand why you think it's ever acceptable to talk directly into the camera and make stupid jokes

Eh, it was part of how Tom was trying to keep things fun. Or, how he was being a prat. Possibly both.

_T
TQT
_T

>GREEN LIGHT!

What is the meaning of this?

Why would the Brig shoot Ten?

More importantly, if 10 had been shot during that long goodbye trip would he have actually died for real?

Would he have become a Smith/Tennant hybrid?

Some of it was in direct response to the higher ups at the BBC telling them to "make it funnier" when Graham Williams took over, yes. But they could have done so without the 4th wall stuff

she's the size of a troughton companion

I'm not sure what that means, or if that's an insult.

victoria and zoe were pocket sized

And we all know Troughton companions are the best.

Ture. He didn't have a single shit one.

Ben and Polly

Ben and Polly are GOAT what are you on about

Part Four of Underworld was quite good. I loved Tom's performance as he was telling the captain of the ship "these are your people", I loved how they escaped the planet by blowing it up and riding the explosion and I loved K9's gag at the end.

Overall, a fairly decent story despite the truly awful effects, but one can hardly blame them since without the creativity behind the effects the show never would have gotten made,

The budget became a big issue by that time and they did all they could to save money and it shows in the end product.
It's not like they said "let's make the worst looking Who serial since the Troughton era" and intentionally made a turd.

I legitimately miss cats.

Cloister and Belle, are you around?

>Not liking Polly
>Not liking Ben

Come on, m9.

I loved Ben and Polly, and honestly they got better with Troughton. Once Jamie comes along they start fighting over Polly and it's just pure gold.

Cloister , where art thou?

Yes. They were qt, though.

Yeah I just finished the documentary about the show and by God, Anthony Read looks like he's just about ready to cry by the end of it. They took a huge creative risk and poured gallons of creativity, blood sweat and tears into it, and came out with a decent program on budget by the end of it. I admire their balls.

That's basically the history of /who/.

I meant, history of Who

How does /who/ think the Delgado Master would react to the New Who Doctors? He had a special dynamic with Three, would that change with other Doctors?

It is indeed, but the end of season 15 in particular (Underworld and The Invasion of Time) seemed to suffer the most from "dude no budget lmao"

desu I can't even imagine Delgado outside the Pertwee era.

Well, that sucks. At least people were still watching.

The writing and performances are still very strong at this point in the show's history, so only normies who cry about bad special effects would stop watching. Like my friend who immediately tells me the effects in Doctor Who are shit every time I mention it, as if I don't already know.

People who enjoy Good Drama would find plenty of enjoyment in season 15

Ah, a classic /who/ meme.

Cloister? I've got a fic for you.

>tv movie starts
>the Doctor is in his TARDIS
>reading The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
>in front of a shelf full of clocks
>the record he's listening to gets stuck on the word time
DUDE TIME LMAO

You are going to feel very silly having spent all thread going "Cloister? Cloister? Cloister?" when Cloister actually arrives and posts like he always does.

It's like they really wanted you to know he was a Time Lord.

True. Guess I'm a little excited.

It's hard to say. Delgado's Master saw 3 all the time so that's what he's used to. Seeing the Doctor in a different incarnation would probably throw him off a bit, he needs to learn how the new guy thinks if he wants to try and outwit him.

That'd be interesting. Both Delgaldo Master and the other Doctor, sizing each other up.

Why is the idea of the Doctor being half-human so shit, /who/? It kind of makes sense on some level, but pretty much everyone hates it.

Because it's far too literal. The beauty of the Doctor is that he loves humanity, even though he isn't human; making him half-human both cheapens it (oh, the reason he likes us is actually because he's one of us), and makes it corny.

It's not automatically bad, though. I once saw it used well in a Seven fanfic, where the Seventh Doctor visited his human mother, and it used that concept to juxtapose the normal human lifestyle of his mother, to the grand adventures of the Time's Champion.

However, I will say it does work metaphorically with Eight, who did seem so human sometimes.

I don't like the idea that the things we love about the Doctor's character were in any way down to his genetics being super special, that he was the chosen one because he had the magic of human-ness in him. Humans aren't that great. It's more interesting if he was a product of his society.

Although now that I think about it, it would be pretty funny if he was half-a completely different species that no-one's ever heard of.

That's the other thing. We get a "chosen one" story, that completely shuts down what makes the Doctor unique.

About to start the Key To Time series, is it any good? I've seen the first like 10 minutes of it and remember it being quite funny, and a Robert Holmes script always has something going for it,

orange tardis rules

Yes, but unfortunately the season is basically arranged in descending order of quality

The idea is pretty stupid on its own, but it's handled really really badly in the movie

This

comfy, hottest companion, shitty last serial and resolution to the Key to Time arc

Are there any tv episodes besides Human Nature and The Lodger that are adapted from non-tv Who?

Dalek is a very, very loose redux of the audio from the same writer, 'Jubilee'. The main (only) things they have in common are the lone Dalek imprisoned by humans, and the Doctor's companion bonding with the Dalek.
Jubilee is an absolutely essential Dalek story, by the way.

Blink for sure and Listen sort of are adapted from short stories Moffat wrote in various other places.

The Next Doctor is super loosely based off The One Doctor, and Planet of the Dead started off as an adaptation of the Highest Science but didn't really go that route.

Plus, the obvious one, Jubilee --> Dalek

It's not much of an adaptation, but I'm pretty sure Marc Platt was credited for writing Spare Parts when they did the S2 Cybermen two-parter.

Not even slightly an adaptation this time, but A Christmas Carol is partly a redo of Moffat's short story 'Continuity Errors' (about a woman getting her life rewritten on the spot by 7).

So my aunt asks me today:
"So I hear the first Doctor Who is coming back?"

"That'd be trick. Dead for 40 years. Oh, you mean Matt Smith. I don't know.." play it off like I don't watch any more. Since it's a kids show.

But is there any truth to this stuff, m8s?
Or was my alternate answer closer to the truth?

"Oh, people just didn't like the new guy, so they're just projecting.."

It's bullshit.

Basically, one twitter user said they spotted Matt somewhere.

It was a slow news day so the media decided to spin it into "IS CAPALDI REGENERATING BACK INTO MATT SMITH???"

>play it off like I don't watch any more. Since it's a kids show.
Why would she bring it up if she doesn't know you watch it and doesn't watch it herself?

Anyway, the Matt Smith thing is just a rumor.

Dang it /who/

I still miss them.

Probably because I still never had a Doctor/Rose type of relationship yet.

Sometimes I just...

No, I sperged pretty hard from 2010 to Series 8.
She knows I watched it.
I'm just trying to tone it down.

That said, No Smith. Aiit.

>never had a Doctor/Rose relationship

My grandpa married a 28 year old at the age of 67.
That's kinda the same thing.
Only the Doctor lucked out. People in alternate universes don't get alimony.

Do you ever sometime's with that David Tennant had never been the Doctor? It's just ruined the fandom and marginalized people who like the programme as a whole with teenage girls looking for a boyfriend hero which Doctor Who was never supposed to be.

didn't pic related already set that precendent tho?

>muh fandom
>people I don't like should stop liking what I like
Ten Ants is a good actor, that's all I care about.

>So I hear the first Doctor Who is coming back
>That'd be trick. Dead for 40 years
But user the first Doctor is coming back
Only it's in audio form and not canon