The only thing bad about this movie was the guy in charge of writing Lex' character

The only thing bad about this movie was the guy in charge of writing Lex' character.

I swear it feels like they just wanted a Joker for Superman.

It's not even that badly acted, it's just horribly written and terribly out of character for Lex.

Other urls found in this thread:

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/popmatters.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mmmm

Lex Jr.

They don't talk about his dad until the UE

Dubs is truth.

>not muh Lex
>muh comics

Its really not out of character, he had a grand master plan, with many moving elements and redundancies, all fueled by his ideological hate for superman. How does it get anymore IN character than that for Lex?

>double dubs

Thread is cursed. GG.

>the guy in charge of writing Lex' character.

What did he mean by this?

Perfect Lex origin story. Starts off proto-Lex, fucks Batman and Superman's shit up, Creates a God monster, learns the knowledge of the cosmos, and finally jailed.

NOW he's Lex

He talks and acts like a college kid on crack who has happened to fall into a ton of money.

Lex was suppose to be a beacon of those who opposed Superman and a charismatic motherfucker at that.

One of Lex' biggest strengths was that he came across as very likable to the common man.

>Being an iqlet

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy

>Lex was suppose to be a beacon of those who opposed Superman

What did he mean by this?

You know there have been a ton of different interpretations and canonical versions? He was a mad scientist til Byrne made him into a tycoon, Hackman did his own thing, etc

>Lex was suppose to be a beacon of those who opposed Superman and a charismatic motherfucker at that.

No he wasn't. At first he is a petty mad scientist who becomes Superman's arch nemesis because he made him bald. Then he is basically just generic mad scientist until they reboot him with Byrne's run, and he becomes a fat, slimey, controlling business man. The charismatic Lex really only came about recently and was just popularized by the Justice League cartoons.

archetypes

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

>What did he mean by this?

I want this meme to stop.

This.

People are just mad that Lex didn't turn out to be a 1:1 conversion of how he is in the DCAU. That's really all it comes down to it with these retards.

JL lex is best lex
That VA in JLU is pretty sweet

Wait why is a child talking about IQ when he posts tumblr and a site called popma- archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/popmatters.com/

Oh I see its a shill parroting locals

It just looks so wrong to me, seeing Batman with a firearm.

I'm not too deep in the lore, but wasn't his entire shtick that he didn't use guns?

There's something that a lot of people tend to forget, or have never been aware of to begin with. It's that Hackman's Luthor in the Donner films inspired the most well-known incarnation of the character. Prior to the movie, Lex was just your generic, lab-coat-wearing, megalomaniacal mad scientist.

I have a good feeling that if there had been an Internet in the 70s, fanboys would have been bitching about his interpretation, too.

How much money does Bruce have?

Like, how much CAN he have to be able to build giant underground lairs full of future-weaponry without a single person finding out?

I know he's suppose to be stupidly wealthy, but this has to be Bill Gates tier.

Several things:

1. OG comics batman killed people with guns.
2. Notice that Batman never actually directly killed anyone with firearms in the movie (aside from the future scene, which was to show how desperate things had gotten). Even when he had KGBeast at gunpoint he opted to turn his own flamethrower against him instead of capping him in the head.
3. The "gun" in that picture is neither a gun nor even a weapon.

He was that stupidly rich.

The DC universe is like Soros and Gates fighting each other with their massive wealth. If you become rich and powerful in that universe you usually become evil or good.

I think it is a gun, by technicality of firing projectiles over distance that could potentially harm someone (I'm sure that tracker-thing hurts like hell to get smacked with).

But I see your point.

Batman using guns was a brief stint, when he still a pale imitation of The Shadow, it doesn't really hold weight as part of his characterization anymore.

You mean The Riddler.

He was nothing like the Joker.

It does for the portion of his arc we've seen so far in this continuity.

>"They're gonna' blame me for this, aren't they?"

Batman was a tired, jaded old man who was sick and tired of putting up with peoples shit though.

exactly like the Batman in BvS.

but Superman's example has reignited his faith in mankind and his sense of heroism.

Fucking love how everyone knows how Lex Luthor needs to be, without actually knowing his history.

Lex's dialogue was incredible, no idea what you're talking about OP.

He was a great villain, just not lex from comics visually and sound like. It's a more believable version of lex.

That and the actual bvs fight were the only good scenes

I had goto the washroom, i think i missed teh fight it was just a few gas nades and the spear then marth, ya?

mmm

>I would not pick a fight with this person because we truly would become Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice.
Snyder's a fucking hack.

And a great line from Batfleck.

BOOOOOOYS