How do you feel about post-Cale VU, Sup Forums?

How do you feel about post-Cale VU, Sup Forums?

I think the S/T might be my favourite VU album.

However, John Cale as a solo artist doesn't get enough attention

s/t is 10/10

Loaded is 8/10

I'm not sure they would have been much better if Cale had stayed. His solo career was good but even his best album Paris1919 isn't quite as good as Velvet Underground- s/t.

I prefer the albums before loaded but I don't know if it was because of Cale or not I'm not a huge VU fan

The shift in style between WL/WH and TVU initially threw me off guard, but I'm starting to appreciate it more.

Unpopular opinion coming through:

Paris 1919 > TVU&N > Loaded > WLWH > TVU

Reminder that VU were an amazing live band and the bootlegs of their performances are their best work

Nico is the worst part of TVU&N and I prefer Loaded

Loaded is pretty meh desu, s/t is good but not very consistent and simply not as great and interesting as WL/WH or TVU&N (apart from The Murder Mystery)

I just listened to TVU and I'm not sure how to take The Murder Mystery. How do you listen to two people speaking at once? Is it meant to be read?

You could read the lyrics I guess, but I just try to focus on different parts each time.
It doesn't fully make sense to me yet though
I actually really like the overall atmosphere of the track

Fear is better than Paris 1919 though. And White Light/White Heat is better than anything VU or any solo album.

>Fear is better than Paris 1919 though
No way m8. Fear has a few decent tracks, Paris is killer from start to finish. The first track and title track are too perfect.

Everything up to Loaded is GOAT!

S/T is perfect and I like half the songs on Loaded.

That's one of the worst albums in the history of music

s/t is pretty great though and Squeeze isn't awful but it's not worth listening to a second time

I think you mixed up Loaded and Squeeze.

Loaded>TVU&N>S/T>WLWH

Fight me.

WHO LOVES
THE SUUUUN

It's just fun with words, the lyrics have no meaning (according to the Loumeister)

SWEET JAAAAAAANE