What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>6.5 rating

damn for a comedy that's horrible. that means the majority of jokes fall flat.

It's essentially a ghostbusters themed chick flick.

They tried to market a boy movie to grils.
Too many boys and grils stayed home instead

Ghostbusters as an IP should have carried it way more though. no one was expecting commercial flop just critical

Great cast.
Horrific script.
Terrible CGI.
Removed the single element that made the original so good: Joy. Even Police Academy 7 had a little bit of joy in it.

>Great cast.

Baby-men

>great cast
Maybe Wigg but all of the others are pure trash

McCarthy's whole shtick is that's she's fat, goofy and clumsy. None of that appeals to anybody but white middle aged women.

The negro is stereotypically loud and obnoxious. From what I've read about her she's legitimately stupid and she's only where she's at right now career-wise because of diversity quotas.

The blonde, well she's just a relatively pretty face. Other than that she's just a fourth person to fill up the cast slot.

They tried to make an action-comedy aimed almost exclusively at women.

>168 people rated this fresh

I reserve judgement until I see it which won't be until I either drop 2 bucks at Redbox or just fucking pirate it.

It's probably just going to be mediocre though. Not even someone whining about 'muh reboots on this one. It legit doesn't look that amazing and really not something I'd blow a full ticket price of admission at the movies for.

Pandering to SJWs

It's a bad movie. Everyone knew it would be a bad movie. It got reviewed well for the same reason female solders have to carry less weight to pass the exam, because it'd be 'unfair' to hold them to the standard men set.

The thing people aren't recognising, probably for the sake of not challenging their own ideology is it's just a really dumb movie aimed at fratboys, but with the genders reversed.

>Fart jokes are now queef jokes
>Dick jokes everywhere
>Stupid quips that don't make sense everywhere
>Lolrandom humour
>Dumb eye candy
>Terrible plot that is full of holes
>Jokes are all out of place and would never fit in any real world

It's rated fairly by viewers, reviewers couldn't get past the woman aspect, and had already written the review before the opening act finished.

That's what Hollywood does well you CLOD.

Melissa McCarthy needs to stop letting her self be the "fat, quirky friend" she can actually do serious roles really well.

Just watched St.Vincent and she was sympathetic and likeable. Kind of wanted Ghostbusters to be a stopping point for her doing these roles.

My thing is why didnt they try to cast 4 women with actual credentials.

They figured the original had 2 SNL actors that this would do better with 3.

I hope youre kidding but i could see this being true.

hollywood doesn't care about SJWs

>read a review
>"FORGET THE HATERS, THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERS IS A HILAR-
>stop reading the review

>threetomcruiseskeking.jpg

>ghostbusters
>going to see terminally ill kids

I never thought about it before, damn

shake it like u maked it baby

>Fat
>likeable
No
>female
>likeable
No

Their promotion scheme for the film involved insulting everyone who criticised the trailer. Then they doubled down on the fucking stoopid by trying to shame and bully people into going to see it as well: "Wahhhh! If you don't go to watch this movie you're a soggy-kneed manbabbie!!! Waaaaah!"

It's like their markettting department is run by one of the tumblr echochambers. We all know the types - the ones who think the logical fallacies are what win you arguments, and that the louder you repeat a claim makes it true.

>suddenly jumping up in the critic side

Sony really does love their shills.

I guess that's what you get when you let the jews run your country.

A ruined franchise and a population of cucks.

I am willing to bet anything many of those reviewers got paid off. I saw one of them that ripped on the movie but still gave it a fresh tomato.

I can see it ending the way of their failed spiderman reboot, where they just flat out give up after forcing themselves in the most wrong, obtuse way possible.

Hey guys, let's be real for a moment. Critics always say it has nothing to do with the all female cast. I think they're right; there are many valid criticism for this piece of shit. I also don't think that if they did have a problem with the female cast, that would automatically make them sexist, or invalidate all of their legitimate other complaints. So I have no problem admitting what I never see other people saying -- that yes, indeed the fact feminists have forced their political agenda into this fucking movie in such a huge way IS a problem, and just one more of the many reasons why this movie is fucking garbage. I wish more people would stop acting like this aspect doesn't matter, when it's actually rather important, arguably the most important thing. Afterall, if nothing else the public can be expected to come away with this movie with one thing in mind: that all female casts (feminist takeovers / appropriation of white/male/nerd culture) are, in general, absolutely fine no matter what. That's wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

People wanted it to fail so badly, they didn't anticipate the possibility that it could just be "average" or "meh".

SJWs are notorious for not putting their money where their mouth is.

except patreon

>McCarthy's whole shtick is that's she's fat, goofy and clumsy.
They didn't use any of those for her in GB.

Have you seen the movie?

What does this face try to convey?

What the fuck am I reading?

Ignorant stupidity