Ask an alcoholic who decided to quit drinking yesterday anything

Ask an alcoholic who decided to quit drinking yesterday anything

I don't have a question, I just want to say I believe in you, and I know you'll do this OP

Thank you, user. It'll be a tough battle

How long til you relapse? Like not even trying to be mean just wanna see how long you think you'll last

A taped a paper above my computer that i'm gonna put a tick on for everyday i don't drink

how much did you drink on average

I honestly don't know. This is the first time that i've tried

Like ten or twelve 473ml cans a day. Sometimes more if i passed out early

How old are you?
at what age did you start?
what was your peak intake for 6+ months?
what lows did you reach that led you to quit?

That's a good idea, but try drawing boxes instead. Draw 14 boxes at a time, and fill them in for each day - that way you can stop drinking for 2 week chunks. This will make it easier to achieve.

Well the 9 trips should give you some luck. Good luck mate. Just keep yourself busy. When i was quitting anytime I felt like drinking I would force myself to go for a run instead. Nigga i got in shape and quit at the same time, it was amazing.

dont `try`. do it. i stopped smoking year and a half ago after 10 fucking years and its the best thing i could have done for myself.

>How old are you?
I'm 22
>At what age did you start?
when i was 20
>What was your peak intake for 6+ months?
It's hard to remember but sometimes as many as eighteen 473ml cans on some days
>What lows did you reach that led you to quit?
I got rally really drunk on monday and felt like shit. I got into a fight with my girlfriend and she told me i was useless. Shes the only one that still believes in me and i can't lose her. I'm doing it for myself, her and our future

why would u quit? what is wrong with u?

This support was not expected. Thanks Sup Forumsros

why are you a quieter? quitters never win, see things through to the end pussy

So how many bottles you drank today ?

Do you experience any withdrawal symptoms?

Congrats on quitting

going through withdrawal? go to a hospital and ask for something called "librium" if so. i'm trying to quit too. tremors and blacking out does not feel good.
good luck soldier.

going on 5+ years sober. don't expect your gf's attitude toward you to change. Don't do it for her, do it to avoid dealing with tomorrors. Find a timekiller too, fill that hole with something else.

Good work OP first step is admitting you have a problem, I was hooked on the coke for years. Took me a good 5/6 relapses before i quit for good.

remember relapse is part of recovery, you need to relapse to recodnise your problem and the triggers for needing a drink.

good luck

thats not an excuse. keep drinking!

Don't drink!

Alcohol is one of the only substance you can die from while withdrawing from. Depending on your severity of consumption. You might need something to help you come off.

i daily drink about 5L of beer

Fix'd it. Thats a good idea

inb4 spellin' nazis

The only thing harder than never giving up is knowing when to quit

samefag here. just wanted to add i drink a liter of vodka a day. most mornings i don't know what the fuck i did the last night. trying to get down to less than half a liter. i am not trying hard enough. i have faith in you op.

zero

Im only on day two but i feel good so far

Won't ask anything, just wishing you good luck.

how the fuck do you function? get some water in your system.

yes. a litre of vodka. that was 10 years ago. now just beer and weed

whats your favorite movie, videogame, song, topic

I decided to become an alcoholic today

No withdrawal yet. Only on day two. I dont want to use drugs to help me. i think i can do it by sheer willpower alone

probably watching teletubbies and jerking off to furries. just a guess

Fucking this user.
I work as a detox nurse and alcohol can be incredibly dangerous to just stop consuming.
Depending on how much you drink and any underlying medical conditions it can kill you.
See your doctor about this before you stop or at least have benzos/anticonvulsants to hand.

Thank you user. Good luck in your battles too

i mean if it gets to that point he could probably just grab a beer from the fridge, right? Does that not work?

op dont go force yourself through dt's. that's how idiots dye.

I used to drink 1L+ (34 oz) vodka a day. The withdrawals were insane

In the end I used diazepam to taper, worked like a charm

Good luck to you OP

I'm drinking a beer right now

My favourite movie is the world's end. My favourite video game is fallout new vegas. I don't really have a favourite song. And i dont really have a favourite topic either.

Why you saying fuck me when you literally said exactly what i said, the fuck is wrong you....

Wow never mind i just reread that, im the retarded one.

Wanna grab a drink together?

i would say kys but it seems u r already dead

Sure. I'll have a water

like me

I'm not dead yet

Seizures from alcohol withdrawal or cardiac/respiratory/CNS acute problems will not be solved by having a quick drink.
Especially if user is asleep.
It's 24-36 hours before the serious problems kick in.
DT's are incredibly dangerous physically and psychologically.

like i said. like me. booze feels good, anything else....

It's OK, I was just trying emphasize how important it was that OP listened to what you were saying as this is literally life threatening.

Good on you, OP - you can do it.

Not quite an alcoholic, but I was a heavyish drinker. I usually started at 7pm every night, and I'd have a quarter bottle vodka and then 4 cans to last me the evening. I could manage without, but my sleep would be shit and I'd be a bit irritable.

I only drink once a week as a treat now, and on the days I don't drink, I run for half an hour. Lost about 50lbs since September as I'm eating healthier too on the days I exercise. That one day I do have a drink, I eat what I want - I'd go mad without a small release every now and then.

Thank you user. Im a fat fuck too so the weight lost will help

This

If you've been drinking heavily for a long time you'll have to carefully taper off or use benzodiazepines to avoid these very serious problems

how many have you had today?

zero

How many units did you drink today?

I don't give enough fucks to stop, actually i'd prefer my liver just give up.

>not part of the oxy master race

How long will it last this time?

No worries mate - just believe in yourself and find a focus.

My focus was that I went and and bought some cheap t shirts. I was wearing a xxxl at the time, so I bought one of every size from that down to a medium. After a month, that xxl wasn't so tight and I was happy wearing it, and so on.

I'm in that medium right now, and if I can do it with my shit willpower, you can too.

You know that most likely you are going to fail/

zero
This is the first time i've tried. i plan on getting it right in the first try

Going on 4 years booze, ciggarettes, and drug free. Keep it up. Dont be afraid to try AA. It really helped me. Drinking and my whore ex wife destroyed my life. Sobriety saved it. Now i have a cool car, bad ass guns, a dream job, a cool house, and fuck random sluts on the regular when im not hanging out with my awsome son. Drinking brought on by despair put me someplace I never want to be, and I will never have to be there again as long as I dont drink. Never feeling the way I did is worth all that alcohol I havent and will never drink. Remember alcoholism is a cunning and baffling disease that wants you dead but will first take everything you love and and put you in jails and institutions. Good luck user.

Doesn't mean i shouldnt try

Thank you, user. I'll do my best

Got smashed at my buddies wedding, dropped his brothers newborn on its head. Now it's a tard.

Fuck some these people, OP I wish you the best of luck. You got this shit man, go out there and do it. If you fail, try again. You got this man. Think about how good life will be once you're done with this shit. Take a nice bath at the end of the day and unwind and shit. I'm no doctor but I would suggest maybe taking a multivitamin daily and make sure you drink plenty of water. I believe in you OP. Fuck these degenerates that doubt you. You know your power.

I don't know what that means but if you're drinking about a 12 pack of beer a day I'm not sure a alcoholic.

3/day is an alcoholic

thats about 5.7 litres or 1.5 gallons a day

ive been weening down on alcohol. just beer for 2 weeks except last weekend I had whiskey. I'm wondering what to do next. I feel like stocking up on alcohol again til I can figure out what to do while sober.

Keep it up brotha...Each time i went cold turkey ...the first week was hell..Night sweats...cant sleep...feel like shit...board as fuck.

This time i HAD to quit. 1.75 liters of vodka every few days over a long period of time and started having crazing tremors...

Doc put me on a low dose of benzo to get though the dt's ...2 weeks later im back to normal...no night sweats...sleep better and dont crave a drink..In another month i will taper off the benzo and im done. I will MAYBE have a socal drink time to time...but never will get back to where i was ...that was fraking scary..

Keep it up!

Wanna go get a beer?

Do you smoke tobacco? I have a terrible habit of chain smoking while drunk. Don't really like them sober. Trying to break the smoking link first so I don't take them up while cutting down alcohol.