How do you cope with the fact Scaruffi gave a 7/10 to Slipknot's debut album?

How do you cope with the fact Scaruffi gave a 7/10 to Slipknot's debut album?
That's probably more than many of your favourite albums.
I agree with him on the debut record having a lot of power, but come on, what about the cringy lyrics, the annoying filler tracks, the tasteless musical ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WLubS6QOMsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S9PF09URHdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You realize Scaruffi is a Sup Forums meme?

Scaruffi likes buttmetal for some reason

by not being impressionable to think scaruffi is an authority on shit

How do you cope with the fact Scaruffi has great taste when it comes to music and art, which is not your case ?

>That's probably more than many of your favorite records.
It's not

>cringy
>tasteless
those are criticisms aimed solely at how socially acceptable an album is, Scaruffi as someone into a lot of weird industrial avant-prog whateverthefuck kind of stuff, and as someone who's not a 19 year old social reject probably doesn't care all that much

I just wish those faggots never sued Slipknot and got Frail Limb Nursery and Purity taken off the record. They're literally their best songs.

Slipknot debut is better than a lot of your favorite albums

>Scaruffi has great taste when it comes to music and art

I haven't listened to Slipknot's debut. Who the fuck cares about Slipknot at all in the year 2017? Who cares about Scaruffi, for that matter?

yeah why do people listen to anything but the latest pitchfork bnms and the top-rated 100 all-time classics on rym in the current year

>I haven't listened to Slipknot's debut.
Tattered and torn is a nice song

fuck off pleb I just trust theneedledrop reviews

YOUCANTSEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYES

I was 12-13 when it came out so for me it was obviously awesome, but I'm sure it was a bit of a new and exciting thing for many old music reviewers and journalists too.

If Scaruffi gave less than 7/10 to ur fav albums, u probably have shit taste

this

generally people who hate nu-metal are:
>17-19 year olds who are embarrassed about their old even more immature selves
>metal elitists who are worried about their secret club
>hipsters who are worried about holding contrarian-yet-safe opinions
though the latter two are just subbranches of the former

Mang if you listen to Slipknot you have zero room for criticizing anyone, and I say that as someone who hasn't read a single P4k review.

I always hated nu-metal and I'm 22

now now, let's be real here nu-metal was and always will be complete shit.
A few decent-good records doesn't change that.

The fact that he gave Iowa a 6.5 proves how much of a delusional haggard old cunt he is.

protip
Scarrufi scores are tied to Scaruffi's personal taste and opinions. He is a strange little Italian man.

Don't talk to me or my wife's Scaruffi ever again

He could shit on my favorite bands but the fact he called Radiohead the most overrated act ever gives him most credibility than 99% of all music critics out there.

>if you listen to Slipknot you have zero room for criticizing anyone
why, though? does the fact that the critical discourse around a band and a genre can get so hardened that anyone who embraces (or rejects) it is cast out from it entirely and not taken seriously again not piss you off? someone's gotta play devil's advocate every once in a while, that's what scruffles is for

He rates them purely on how controversial they are I think

fucking pìzza earter stronzo di merda filo di puttana vaffanculo

Slipknot deserves at least 8.7 because of this cut:

youtube.com/watch?v=WLubS6QOMsQ

Iowa rate it's accurate, good album

By not taking Scaruffi seriously, he's a talentless liberal hack that 90% of Sup Forums doesn't take seriously. The other 10% are retards who saw everyone pretending to be retarded, liking Scaruffi, and mistakenly thought that they were in good company and fell for the ironic Scaruffi meme.

>not Scissors

>scaruffi is a polentoni
Explains his shit taste tbqh

>how can i shoehorn politics into my post hmm

You've got a point mane. I dusted off my old Slipknot records to listen to them again (I was a big fan as a kid) and their self-titled album really isn't as bad as I remembered them to be. Still not a 7, maybe on the Fantano scale
That, Prosthetics and Wait and Bleed are the best tracks on the album
The only good nu-metal albums are those which lean a bit further from the genre or have some redeeming qualities. In Slipknot's case it's Corey's vocal delivery and Jordison's intense drumming style that could make it stand out. But there are too many unbearably bad tracks on the album, like Only One, Surfacing, Spit It Out. 12 y-o me couldn't really make a difference between those or the better ones. I just needed something edgy to go apeshit to

As an ex metal elitist, never had anything against numetal.

>giving Slipknot a higher score than the whiny whiny soft rock and constantly regurgitated indie-shit shilled ad nauseam by nu-male hipsters on Sup Forums

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Scaruffi has good taste.

Scaruffi drones are pathetic

Slipknot aren't even that good of a Nu-Metal band though (Vol. 3 is decent but that's it), Korn's debut is better than everything else in the genre.

THE FACT THAT he gave s/t and higher score than Iowa is the most insulting part

ST is better tho.

Kid me loved Iowa
Adult me appreciated self titled more

wow, scaruffi has the capacity to not base how good an album is based on the fanbase of the band

truly amazing what a contrarian

no
youtube.com/watch?v=S9PF09URHdQ

Splitknots noise tracks are fucking awesome

Scaruffi likes nu-metal as well as euro club music and consistently rates releases in those genres surprisingly highly. Also, he has HUGE blind spots when it comes to jazz, classical, blues, and soul.

Everything else he gives points based on how noisy, weird, and difficult it is.

I'm not trolling when I say that this man has exceptionally bad taste--worse than Christgau, worse than Fantano, worse than P4k.

This, though I'd say that P4k is just as bad.

ppl with bad taste still have their reasons tho

He's not wrong though, scaruffi is a liberal Italian man

>Scaruffi
>liberal

people who see this obviously haven't read much of his essays on society/politics

Definitely not though.

>worse than P4k
That's.....not possible

*SAY this

>worse than Christgau
He doesn't really have bad taste, his criticism is flawed tho.

>worse than Fantano
Hell no, he has the worst taste ever. Literally all he does is pander the fucking frontpage.

>worse than P4k
They had pretty good taste a few decades ago, they went full shit tho.

>he has HUGE blind spots when it comes to jazz

what do you mean? he has articles and best of lists for like every jazz subgenre ever

>le rate everything 6 man

Nah, ST not only sounds better, it also has better composition. Iowa is too conventional. Both are decent, tho.

Scaruffi is a retard but everything he gives a 7.5 to is worth listening to. Besides Guns n Roses

I resign myself sadly to listening to his choices.

Scaruffi introduced me to Third Ear Band so I like Scaruffi a lot.

scruffles doesn't play the devil's advocate he plays the arbitrary lunatic.

He literally is, though. He is a capitalism-supporting fascist apologist dumbfuck.

>Scaruffi
>Valid opinion
Pick one.

kek

Patrick: You
Squidward: the people you just BTFO

Reminder that Scaruffi has literally never been wrong

>He is a capitalism-supporting fascist apologist dumbfuck.

not true at all no idea why you think this

he isn't even american

can I have another kek please?

Read what he has to say about Mussolini's Italy. He defends it with half-truths and misinformation.
He also definitely supports capitalism, he equates it with "fun" and "science" (whatever the fuck that latter one means) and claims that the Devil supports capitalism in the Bible which is what justifies him as a "good guy" (objectively untrue, capitalism literally wasn't even a concept at that point).

>worse than Christgau
>He doesn't really have bad taste, his criticism is flawed tho
Christgau is no different than 90% of music critics. They're all cut from the same cloth which is to say metal bad, punk/alternative good. His cuck/self hating white male thing is a little annoying though.

Christgau doesn't really say that metal is bad musically, he just doesn't see any legitimacy in metal artists as in "I just don't see them as some kind of social heroes".

Not really as bad as other reviewers.

Deftones >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kockn

>Christgau doesn't really say that metal is bad musically

He usually just shits on metal's image and fanbase which is pretty fucking stupid.

>I don't like X genre because of its fans
Haven't we all moved past that after high school?

ST is clearly their best album. Best drums and guitar by far. Plus they do not have any cringy slow parts like in their later albums.

That's a fair point when criticising contemporary music imo.

Doesn't mean I agree with him on his views on metal tho.

Why does Sup Forums let scaruffi trigger them so much? For a board that prides itself in having its own taste and not caring what others think, Scaruffi is always a big subject of discussion.

>For a board that prides itself in having its own taste and not caring what others think
That's just what they tell themselves, but it's not true

Slipknot were ok when I was 13. After that, what was the point?

Do you like Death Grips?

what does DG have to do with Slipknot?