What happens to our conscioussness the moment we die? Is it transferred somewhere else or does it fade into nothing?

What happens to our conscioussness the moment we die? Is it transferred somewhere else or does it fade into nothing?

I'd like to think it stops like an exhale, and you fall into eternal rest

If everything /you/ are is just a function of the brain/body, then you will die with the body -- but if /you/ are something beyond that (greater than the sum of your parts), then whatever that is, will go /somewhere/.

Nobody on Sup Forums can tell you what happens after death, but if you define /you/ as something non-physical, then the death of the body is nothing to fear.

At the moment of death an amount of DMT is released by your brain.
DMT is also the most powerfull psychedelic. Look up "DMT: The spirit molecule" on youtube and watch the documentary.
I like to believe that upon death you enter this realm some people see when on high dosages of DMT and you stay there.

You become one with the universe, again. Then you go back to a body to live another life, in an infinite cycle.

There is no scientific proof that the body produces DMT when one dies. Although there is evidence that there is a miniscule amount of DMT in the pineal glands of rats, there is no proof that there is any DMT in the brain of humans. It has been proven that DMT has no relation to human dreaming whatsoever.

Literally nothing happens. You don't feel, perceive or think anything. You'll be reduced to nothing. Consciousness is nothing more than an illusion.

The only reason we, aswell as the universe, exist is because our brains perceive. When we die, so does our brain, and our perception stops, aswell as the universe.

Still, the "white light" and "angels" people saw en talked with while they were dead for a few minutes but got reanimated sure as hell sounds like a DMT trip

you wake up from the matrix and start fighting the machines.

There is no consciousness just like there is no free will. Nor is there a soul or anything 'beyond' our universe. What we perceive as our conscience are neural pathways in the brain. The actions we 'consciously' partake in are regulated by your genes, your nature, and the addition and rerouting of, again, neural pathways in the brain, which is your nurture. Your actions are merely reponses to stimuli and those responses act as new stimuli, forming a loop. The illusion of free will is made possible by the same brain that acts as your 'conscience'. When the brain shuts down, your 'conscience' dissapears and you are nothing and forever will be nothing, untill somewhere billions of years in the future, a human with the exact same atoms in his body is born, which in an endless universe can and will happen someday.

>tl;dr conscience is fake and you're reborn

I think we're all matter of this universe. Matter that has passed round and round, eventually becoming some nutrient or mineral that was ingested by an organism and then synthesized into a sperm cell, one lucky enough to be the one to fertilize an embryo then go on to become a life form with it's own consciousness. Which is really crazy to think about when you think about how many other things you could've been.

When you die, I think that that consciousness is just simply fades away. And then your matter is returned back to the universe and the cycle begins anew.

We're all just matter that's formulated into organisms with their own set of consciousness just based on a crazy series of chemical reactions.

>You are the universe experiencing itself

So in this matter (no pun intended) of thinking, you can see that "you" never truly die. You're just reformulated into something else. You were stars and comets and space dust and all that shit before you became what you are now. And you'll continue to be all these different things forever.

Maybe somehow there's trace amounts of "DNA" or some sort of material that's interlaced into your matter somehow, and that can explain instances of deja vu or extreme clairvoyance you seem to have for some unexplained reason. Who knows how it's all interlaced.

When looking into light, the sense receptors in the human eye hyperpolarise, which is the result of the absense of neurotransmitters. When one dies, neural regulation in the eye is eventually stopped (this can take some time, however studies have proven that the human mind can make time go faster or slower in respons to certain events), causing neurotransmitters in your eye to be released (which would be perceived as "blackness") untill there are almost none left. This lack of neurotransmitters would be perceived as the "White lights" you're talking about. Since the brain's and the eyes' arteries are close to eachother, the death of the eyes caused by lack of oxygen would soon be followed by the death of the brain. Hence why the white is the last thing that is perceived.
So no, no DMT trips when u die pal :'(

Don't listen to this faggot. I can tell you what happens.
You get raped in the ass by niggers

You are all know nothings stop trying to be "deep". this is the problem with youth these days...

thread

Bullshit. 'Life', 'death', 'consciousness', 'experience' are all terms made up by the brain to try explain the universe around it. You can't experience, perceive, know or be conscious about anything when your DNA is being digested by a worm and you end up as a piece of nitrogen in the soil.

this follows no logical reasoning you are aruging up the same side of the tree

People who think like you do have an immense fear of death.

Energy cannot be destroyed or created. Only transformed.

Hold on mate, let me go ask someone who's dead

Fuck mate how are white lights being the result of lack of action potentials from the brain to the eye deep? It's litteraly what happens.
Writing white lights and angels off to DMT release in the brain, see , that's trying to be deep.

top kek

What happens to our consciousness the moment we're born? Is it transferred from somewhere else or does it fade in from nothing?

man that was really deep of you

It returns to the state it was previous to your birth.

Yeah, life, death and consciousness are all made pu terms by humans to offer an explanation. They're really just constructs in our brains. That's true. But DNA is an actual thing. I used "DNA" because I couldn't think of a better word or term for what I was trying to say, but I think that calling it "DNA" makes it easier to conceptualize.

Like >Energy cannot be destroyed or created. Only transformed.

So who's to say there's not a small bit of material that's woven into your matter on some extremely small quantum level that we can't even detect that explains certain things like that? And maybe that's where the glimmer for the idea of a "soul" stems from. The idea that all of your prior concepts and ideas are all interlaced on some level and you're connected to everything that's happened and will happen in some form or another.

At the end of your life a strange man appears and reads you your sins, in shifts, for all eternity. Better bring a good bottle of wine.

No really think about it. You are all edgy 14-20 years old on Drugs that some loser sold you. Speaking of something you cant even know about. Because you are on some next level chems that the producers dont even know the extent of fuckering they are doing to your undeveloped brain. Get real and worry about relevant points not some shit spewing out of an idiots mouth. Quite like me.

it dies along with the rest of the brain and body

Energy isnt conscious. Chemical energy in a burning piece of wood transformed to heat energy isnt conscious. Nor is electrical energy moving through a piece of metal thats being transformed to kinetic energy in your fan conscious. Even the chemical and electrical energy in your brain, which produces consciousness, isnt conscious.
Fucktard

That's a gross overgeneralization. There are plenty of people that truly believe in an afterlife and are still have an immense fear of death, just like there are people that believe that death is the lack of experience and don't fear it.

If consciousness is a result of chemical reactions, not the chemical reactions themselves. Even if it were the physical energy transformations, a change or a halt to those reactions would entail the change or halt to consciousness. If you want to believe that you have some metaphysical entity that can exist and experience after your corporeal death, such as a soul, that's fine. Just don't try and drag thermodynamics into your untestable speculation.

You sound like you know what you're talking about friend :)

That's quite the headcanon.

no. stop using drugs druggie.

We are energy you mongoloid. Where does the energy in our brains go after we die? It doesn't just disappear because that is by law impossible.

THE thruth is: we don't know: perhaps there is jesus waiting, or hell, if you have done wrong in your life. It is time to correct your actions, if you want internal peace after death! JOIN JESUS; JESUS IS COOL!

I still don't really get where your going with 'DNA', the earliest lifeforms consisted of repeating molecules which could replicate or enlongate themselves. If you're trying to say consciousness is a product of genes being transcribed, you're not quite right.

you've got it backwards, you only exist because of my superior brain is creating all this existance around me, when i die, everything dies

The energy transforms into another kind of energy, like all forms of energy eventually do. Doesn't mean that the heat from a burning piece of carbon that was once part of my brain is conscious and that i'm 'still somewhere around'.

energy transforms to ur moms ass when ur banging her you fucking faggot.

The best comparison is the effects of a general anesthetic.
It has the function of "switching off" your consciousness.
Ever had a GA?
That's what you will experience when you die. You will just "switch off" except there will be no waking up a subjective moment later.

Consciousness is energy. It's beyond you mongoloids understanding because for some reason you fear death.

Well please enlighten me in how consciousness is energy.

the bogdanoff brothers have a soul harvesting machine on the moon, so when you die your soul is sent back to the earth and incarnated again.

write your name on a pice of paper
put that paper in a blender with some fruit
blend that sshit until smooth creamy mixture
that paper with your name is STILL in there..
soooo die..you are still iin the universe still being ..just ,,,,different

you think of dicks, you can light entire city mere thought. I think he meant that, a fucking faggot as he is. Brainpower you see?

because the entire universe is energy. We are inside the universe. The universe itself is energy. Anything residing inside said universe is energy. Matter, dark matter, and anti-matter are all energy.

im pretty sure my highschool physics teacher can tell you that matter is matter, not energy.

The scientists said recently something about quantum physics regarding human consciousness. On quantum level "you" still exist. Only quantum mechanics still is almost foreign topic to humanity, we dont know shit.

No i disagree. I am center of universe, and you all are my imaginations.

But what is matter but atoms and atoms are made up of what? Keep going young one

yea sure. sounds bullshit to me.

If matter didn't have energy, or wasn't made up of energy, we wouldn't be able to perceive it at all. We can only detect matter because it has energy.

The entropy that is currently consuming the universe will one day reduce the energy level in the universe to its lowest possible point at which not a single chemical reaction nor transfer of energy can take place and the universe will come to a stasis

And then you go to university and wonder how your high school physics teacher got their job.

>these days

really dude ?

No it won't. Energy cannot be destroyed. It can only be transformed, therefore even at that point energy will be transfered.

My attempt at derail thanks for noticing... fag

Einstein formula E = mc square basically bound mass to energy. In fact energy is mass in movement (m is the speed of light). So mass is energy and vice versa (with the right adjustments).

Remains with the spirit self (an actual, existing, substantive spirit that is the quintessential you); along with our memories, intelligence, and personality.

I quess you are under 18 therefore stick your entropy word to ur ass, and behave like normal person: You don't know shit.

Most physicists regard "quantum consciousness" theories as nonsense.
It's not stopping people making fortunes writing books about it. Isn't Deepak Chopra one of them?

Thats theory... Physicist just hate termodinamic death. Hate something don't make it less real.

energy will still be transfered but there will be no net transfer of energy like there is no net movement of water atoms in a bucket of still water, the atoms move but the water stays still until an outside force moves it, however since the universe is in a stasis there is no outside force (except god)

the soulman claims your soul. it isthen auctioned off to the highest bidder. if you're lucky, a benevolent deity will take it and put it in a new body. but if your soul is too corrupted and not appealing to benevolent deities... will buy your soul and do unspeakable things with it for four thousand years.

I'm guessing it the same as before you were born.

DMT is present in all organic composites in carbon life. Der.

Atomically, yes. Structurally, no.

explain to me how in a closed system like the universe energy levels will not be transfered to their lowest possible points

>I'm so much beyond you guys, stop trying. I'm Omni-nigga.

You know what you feel when you have a dreamless sleep?

Well, imagine that, but for all eternity.
And there you go.

same as going to sleep :)

According to Islam, your conciousness moves to another plane and you wander until your physical body is put in the ground, there you will face an entity that asks you three questions, who your lord is, what your religion is and who your messenger was, thereafter your conciousness will exist in the grave (the grave will be one of two things, one is a beautiful huge garden with loads of light, and the other would be a dark very narrow space), until the day of judgement is upon us and we will all answer to our good and bad deeds. It is believed that all people of the book (jews, christians, muslims) will eventually enter paradise and abide therein forever. Its quite interesting, look up "the scientific miracles of the Quran", there is an abundance of information

No retard you dont get it do you, you cant suddenly make a burst of electrical energy into a brain can you?

You relive your entire life in a flash. In your mind, the DMT has you re-doing it all day by day, up until the 'event' where you die and are comfortable with that realization. In real life, you just...die.

You will wake up in another universe.

Question 1
What is your name?

Question 2
What is your quest?

Question 3
What is the airspeed velocity of a swallow?