At what age did you become truly interested in music?

At what age did you become truly interested in music?
Do you think your parents influenced your taste?

nah

No, they don't listen to music

>At what age did you become truly interested in music?
Started playing guitar at 9 but didn't really start branching out until I discovered punk at 13 and then other types of music around 15.
>Do you think your parents influenced your taste?
Not really. Both of my parents basically listen to top 40 music. Even most dadrock I came to on my own and didn't really come to appreciate until I was maybe 17 or so.

Do brostep and Eminem count?

Not at all

To begin with yes, but where I'm at now my mother no longer likes most of what I listen too, and my father has no taste in common with me, as far as I know. He at least had no influence.

>beated his band members
>chaotic good

18 and no

no

14, sort of on dads side.

yeah but if you found out what the chaotic evil one was about you'd probably agree with the chart

15 and a little at first

My dad always played weird techno remixes of original C64 music in the car. Still am a big fan of /bleep/ stuff to this day. I would sometimes come to my father's room to listen to this music, and look at windows screensavers. Trippy as fuck.

as being interested in music? yes, if you genuinely enjoy them

14 or 15
Initially, very much so. They listen to mostly bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden, and so do I. I've began finding my own taste recently, though; my friend even got me to enjoy the Residents

It's not about this band members but about the music.
Plus beating someone is not necessarily not-good, also it's pretty chaotic.
Tmr fits the description perfectly imo.

in some form it's been a thing i did since i was like 8-9
no, my mom doesnt collect records or anything, she mostly just engages with music by playing it, and my dad only listens to andrea berg and wolle petry

Probably about 10.
If by influenced you mean avoided anything similar to their music then yes

My father had a Rammstein CD and my sister gave me a copy of Enema Of The State. I guess yes, in a way.

My dad had a huge influence on the music I listened to when I was a kid. I listened to strictly dadrock and Green Day up until I was 12 or 13 when I discovered Radiohead.

No but it actually turns out that my mom likes relatively patrician shit

what's the lawful evil?

I listened to non mainstream yet popular bands starting when i was about 15. I bought Lateralus and A perfect Circle. Then I started listening to edm in youtube. But I never took searching for music seriously. I mostly just found stuff on YouTube. Im pretty retarded honestly, i had no idea about things like genres really. I didn't listen to music that and when I did it was just flitting around on YouTube looking mostly at random edm and sometimes rock or rap. Or if I heard of an artist for some reason I would look them up. I liked Radiohead alot and reading about their albums is what made me gain awareness of music. People described how they changed their genres alot so that got me thunking. So yeah im pretty dumb cus at 23 i discovered mu and all these indie and goat albums but honestly a lot of it sounds shit to me probably becauseim not young anymore and im stuck in my retarded ways

12 thanks to my discovery of prog music

i had a terrible "experimental" period where i hated anything to do with pop music at 15 or 16, but i've come to listen to predominently jazz or dadrock now

>what age
About 4 or 5, went to musical school (music theory and piano) 7-13

>parents
Yes, greatly. they would always play very good music to me and my sister, my dad's a bit of music freak in a kind of annoying way and my mom's approach is was different. i like her taste more.

Dad: The Beatles, Creedence, The Boss, Tom Waits, etc. but he also likes The Black Keys, Strokes and sometimes gets into stuff like Motorhead

Mom: Rolling Stones, Led Zepp, ZZ Top, Balkanian gipsy music, Ex-Yugoslavian hard rock(Riblja Čorba, Ekavatina Velika), Eric Clapton, George Michael

My little sis is now learning to be a double-bassist and is suoer into Jazz, classical and experimental stuff; while I took up drums and revolve around the punk rock/hardcore scene.We still listen to the stuff our parents showed us

SPK - Leichenschrei

thanks user

But the first time i freaked out about an artist was at 14 (Cobain) and he was dead for 15 years at that point

No, they have no idea when it comes to music.

>12
I was introduced to two bands I love by my father, the only useful thing he ever did for me.
Besides that I was not influenced much.

13 sort of, but really seriously when i was like 17

That's when I started music school. My father graduated the same music school and was a musician among other professions in his youth. If it wasn't for him, I don't think I would be listening to the music I am listening to. His favorite musician is Brian Eno and he loves Canterbury school, King Crimson, Talking Heads, jazz and obviously classical. Patrician dad?

Well, he beat his bandmates into making an album people remember 40 years later, I'd say that's a pretty good fit for that definition, for the greater good or whatever.

14-15
My parents dont really pay attention to music (mum kinda likes it tho) but at that age my dad told me about that classic rock groups. It proved useful for me at the beginning even if I later found a lot of the stuff pretty boring.

i was always more into music than my friends in high school and junior high but i think i became a real music nerd in freshman year when i heard sublime (inb4). My dad isn't really a big music fan but for whatever reason when i was a kid he'd come home with all these random cd's he burned like rage against the machine, beck, the shins, etc so i think he was trying to give me a chance to get introduced to it

~10 or 11
My father would listen to reggae, old school rap, and metal while my mother would listen to 90's alt and punk.
I mostly listen to ska, punk, and folk influenced music though I enjoy various subgenres of metal, so yes, I'd say my parents did somewhat influence my taste

My mother influenced me to listen t 50cent

yes, my father would listen to a lot of classic/ hard rock and proto heavy metal

13 i think, 7th grade

yes my parents def did, mom has encyclopedic knowledge of radio music and my dad is a patricians in all senses of the word, i had steve reich sign a score to music 18 before i appreciated how cool that was

Honestly, before I can remember. I was like 5. Music has been my main interest my whole life. Until I was in middle school, my parents were /the/ influence on my taste, not to say I liked everything they liked and wouldn't like something if they didn't. My dad was a college DJ so I grew up pretty patrician too B)

Like 14/15 I don't really remember, but this was the album that really got me into music and full albums.
My mom's really into Led Zeppelin and she liked hair metal back in the day, and I don't really know anything about my dad. So no.

If my parents informed my musical taste the only 3 things i'd listen too are Steppenwolfe, Billy Joel's Stranger, and Carole King's Tapestry

my dad bought me a In the Court of the Crimson King record for my 18th birthday so I still owe him for that