BIG

box office bomb. if it even finishes.

dc just can't catch a break.

Really good

>how do we legitimize Aquaman
>let's have him smack Batman around

Screencap dis

>ywn pour a mimosa on Jason Mamoa

remember how people thought ant-man was going to bomb because he's got such a silly power and he's the butt of a lot of jokes in the comic community?

well it's real this time, it probably wont even get made at this rate

Interesting choice in drogos actor. Trying to use recognition as a way to make aquaman bad ass via actor osmosis. That gritty sepia tone looks like shit though

>tfw we will see barefoot Amber Heard all wet in a sexy costume

Why does DC hate blondes?

Feels good man

Blonde men haven't been considered badass since 80s action movies over played it

This, there's no blonde dude who could be a good Aquaman nowadays, unless they time traveled to bring young Dolph Lundgren to the present.

It's Dc so it's obviously shit lmao

Can't fucking wait. I'm a big Aquaman fan so I'm so looking forward to seeing him on the big screen.

Arthur/Mera/Manta on screen is going to be so fucking good.

Why don't they just dye his fucking hair then

Since Superman is not going to be around, yeah

I'd rather see fresh, lesser used characters in DC's universe than Batman and Supes that we've been exposed to a thousand times.

I'm anticipating this and Cyborg more than I was MoS and BvS.

>tfw watching BvS bluray special features
>tfw everyone looks so fucking happy to be there, specially Ezra and Momoa

youtube.com/watch?v=jAroNrxi9uo
Skip to 4:10 for Momoa and Ezra

what is even his power?
swim fast?

based
hopefully the movie is still Lovecraft inspired, underwater life is scary as fuck

i have no faith in the dceu, unfortunately

>trident
>five-pronged

why?

He can communicate with all marine life.

Super strength/speed as his race evolved to survive high pressure at deep depths.

He can compel marine life to his bidding.

He has access to Atlantean armoury, his trident has some sort of strength against magic.

>ywn hug that man
why live

Why are comic books so fucking gay?

Aquaman is nearly as strong as Superman, can control all marine life (to a bacterial level), super fast in the water, nearly as durable as Superman, and has advanced Atlantean technology/magical items like the Trident of Poseidon.

He's a pretty strong dude honestly, but more than anything else, he's based. Aquaman is bro-tier, like a medieval knight/Thor type character.

>Aquaman is nearly as strong as Superman

NO.

Very excited

I bet you don't think Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman either.

>Aquaman is nearly as strong as Superman
Not even close man.
>can control all marine life
Marine life can override his control
>nearly as durable as Superman
No

MM is, Arthur isn't.

He's not nearly as strong as Superman. But he's one of the strongest characters in the DCU. I think it was mentioned somewhere he's the strongest life form from Earth? Even though that would include Wonder Woman who is stronger than him, but not much.

If this scene isn't in the movie I'll be disappointed.

It's a pentdent

>Wonder Woman who is stronger than him
Wonder Woman has really crept up in power recently. I would say she certainly surpasses him (Arthur). She put down a powered up Superman in the recent Darkseid war (although he wasn't in a good state of mind).

Powerlevels are silly anyway, characters are as strong as the writer requires them to be and anyone can be written to defeat anyone.

MM is maybe just a little less physically powerful than Superman, but if you throw in his mental ability and the intangibility, he's definitely just as powerful overall.

His weakness is super exploitable though.

>yfw sharknado paid to get a cast cameo when aquaman makes one

pleb tier

I look forward to see barbarian Aquaman in the Justice League but one thing that totally bums me out is Cyborg. He just doesn't belong. I would much have John Stewart GL with Hal introduced later or black Martian Manhunter. Cyborg is just so forced for a black character in the JL

Cyborg is cancelled

Yeah Cyborg is shit. He is a walking black portal gun.

He exists for plot convenience and race quota.

>Wonder Woman has really crept up in power recently.

She was pretty fucking strong in the 80s, the demigod is new though and apparently up in the air now with the Rebirth titles

>A Khal who falls from his seahorse is no Khal

Cyborg is not shit, he's the original Robocop and can raise different themes to be explored

He's just used crappily for the most part

>Cyborg
I agree. I wouldn't mind Martian Manhunter taking on the form of a black dude, or a John Stewart GL. Hell, I'd rather have Shaq play fucking Steel than have Cyborg.

Also, pic related is an underrated black JL hero.

Ray Fisher seems like a cool guy though and I like the behind the set stuff they mentioned for her, I could see JL making him "cool" for normies just like it probably will Aquaman.

also I think it's great that his father is played by Miles Dyson from Terminator 2, really nice touch.

That's not that strong, not any close to Superman (even though she could fight Superman)

Also, since there are Marvel characters in this, it's probably those electric company comics that weren't canon

>She was pretty fucking strong in the 80s, the demigod is new though and apparently up in the air now with the Rebirth titles
I just mean the God of War stuff and powering up when she removes her braces. I know in the Flashpoint movie she was shown killing Arthur, in the book she doesn't kill him and I don't remember if she wins.

His only theme they ever investigate is "am I still human". It's old and tired.

I worry though. What room will Cyborg get on screen next to Supes, WW, Bats, Flash etc. He is not going to get a great deal of development and even then he doesn't have good stories to pull from. You never see Cyborg recs that aren't from his days in the titans.

It's not an electric company crossover, is that all you people know? it's the second Superman/Spider-Man crossover, was pretty good.

It's just that for me Justice League is a pantheon of legends and/or legendary brands that everyone can recognize and I just don't see how Cyborg fits into that.

>that everyone can recognize
Most people wouldn't know MM though.

They barely know GL.

Well it's the same thing they did in the new52 reboot, and was previewed in BvS, he was rebuilt using the motherbox he had which is now a part of him and the bad guys are trying to retrieve it and the others on earth.

I'm fucking pumped for this and Flash desu. I wish we got them before JL.

I disagree.

Martian Manhunter was a key character in the Justice League cartoon series. That's where most people 18-34 get their DC universe knowledge honestly.

But that's just a factual statement. Is it interesting? Does that make anyone care about him? He's a McGuffin with legs if they play it out that Darkseid wants the motherbox back.

Yeah Cyborg sucks.

I'm in Australia and I don't think we ever got those shows growing up. So perhaps we have different reference points.

My man.

Sounds like you're just deadset on writing off the character cuz he took the spot from someone else you felt was more worthy, which is a bitch move.

MM is stronger than Superman overall, because the molecular control over his own body

I'm not writing off anything. I'm not particularly tied to MM either.

Problem is, Cyborg has never had an interesting story, nobody has proved the character can be interesting when on the league. The only theme they ever explore with him is the "am I still a human" which is, at this point, played out.

I hope that he is fun and interesting. But there is little from the characters history that gives me hope, certainly when compared to his JL counterparts that have a wealth of phenomenal stories to draw on.

What would be a better way to shoehorn a black dude into the league so we wouldn't have to suffer Cyborg?

You could have the green lanterns show up and help prepare for Darkseid. The lanterns are diverse as fuck.

I would prefer they have Idris Elba come in and play himself. It would be an improvement over Cyborg

John Stewart would be the perfect choice. They should had not given and fuck and used Green Lantern anyway instead of getting afraid because of the shit Ryan Reynolds movie.

>John Stewart
>A good character

When will this meme end? Cyborg is a far, far better character

This is Cyborg hate thread now. Sorry Mamoa

>Hal and Arthur are your two favorite Justice League members but they always get shafted

Black Manta will be played by a white person, won't it?

I'm not sure, but he's black in the comics, no? If yes, then he will be black in the movies. The backlash would be too big otherwise.

John Stewart by himself is pretty shit yeah. but the runs with him and Guy Gardner bro'ing it up are GOAT.

John Stewart > Cyborg. He's a Green Lantern. Cyborg is generic black guy origin. Football player, Detroit, lol

HYPE.

GET HYPE
E
T

H
Y
P
E

ELBA

Guy Gardner. Fuck. Yeah.

This raises an important question of how the ginger quota will be met in the JL

WALLLLYYYY

I'm quite afraid they will cast Iris and Wally as blacks. I really hope they don't, I need my redheads.

Cyborg belongs with the Teen Titans.

God if they ever make a movie of them I hope they get Daddario as Starfire.

I'm more concerned about Jason Momoa than seing Aquaman in films

the guy is literally a samoan Jai Courtney

I don't know much about his acting backlog to know if he will pull it off. Aquaman needs to be able to show that he is torn trying to balance the surface and atlantis.

Mamoa is a loved by all actor, Arthur is a disliked by everyone but Mera.

>Mamoa is a loved by all actor

Nigga, what?

I mean his persona is a happy go lucky make friends kind of guy. Aquaman is reserved and pretty much distrusted and disliked by all.

CRAWL ON ME, SINK INTO ME, DIE FOR ME, LIVING DEAD GIRL!

I'm looking forward to Mamoa. I feel like it's a gutsy move to try and make aquaman cool. I'm just hoping james wan can deliver as director and the script is tight

Aquaman characterization changes a lot

Deborah Snyder says they wanted Momoa because he's "phyisically imposing and scary but also kind and loving". But they are full of shit 95% of the time.

Why does aquaman have to be cool? Why can't he just be Aquaman?

I really want to like Jason Momoa but damned if his movies aren't straight up average. Not even Hollywood average, I'm including Hallmark and Syfy.

Cool as in interesting not "hip". I'm just saying he can't just be the guy who talks to fish. He needs to have a personality unlike anybody else in the league. I'm hoping for a strong epic fantasy feel to this character that's a contrast to the sci fi and don't make it like Thor at the same time

Because general audiences will think he's lame and won't go to see his movie. Honestly though, I think there's a difference between dark and broody and cool though. They really need to change all the atmosphere of the DCEU.

Aquaman is pretty broody though. He spends a lot of time shut out and Mera being the only one giving him the time of day.

Too bad the DCEU will reboot before his movie gets made.

As long as they don't turn him into a punchline like they've largely done with Thor, I'll be happy.

Wait why is Roman Reigns Aquaman?

is that a big dick?

It doesn't matter as much when the whitewashing is done on villains. Specially because Aquaman is non-white, people are gonna want him beating up the evil white man.

The director is promising, but I can't trust Jason Momoa's acting.

people read and defend this medium