Ghostbusters

Why did the new ghostbusters flop? I mean, they perfectly replicated the original film but with perfectly decent women.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWQeSIEQzCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Fart jokes
>Horrible dialogue
>Portraying all men as idiots
>Shooting the ghost in the dick
>Horrible CGI and visual effects that reminded everyone of Scooby Doo
>Not scary like the original
>Too funny when Ghostbusters was never meant to be funny with jokes every minute

Nobody wants mediocre american fart jokes laced with feminism.

>not scary like the original

uhh

50 year old lonely women might

I thought it was suppose to be a comedy, I mean they have a pretty funny likeable cast with a loveable sidekick/monkey.

But it wasnt

That's a pretty small niche for an audience

>$50+ million opening weekend
>flop

Hi rebbit!

The original had some legitimate horror to it back in the day. I remember the fridge seen with Zuul scaring the shit out of me as a kid.

on a budget of 144 million, with an almost guaranteed 40 percent drop next weekend and continuing, this movie will be lucky at this rate if it makes back all it's money and covers the marketing budget.

Apparently not!

It's not a flop but

>More realistically, we're probably looking at a domestic run around $135-145 million. Ghostbusters carries a $144 million budget (net after tax incentives and rebates)

Just breaking even isn't exactly great either.

>perfectly replicated the original film but with perfectly decent women

no. they didn't. that was the problem. all the women were zany and wacky. in the original, winston and igon were the straights while murray and akroyd were the eccentric ones. it created chemistry in the cast and was pretty much what made the whole movie work.

Oh great here comes the marketing budget meme, guaranteed to make any flick into a flop

>Marketing budget meme

You use the word meme... I don't think you know what this word means.

It only appeals to the young liberal crowd and middle aged ladies.

An example of diversity gone wrong.

>flop
It hasn't even opened in europe, asia, africa, south america, central america and australia.

The movie is clearly going to hit 500 million. I'm really starting to get annoyed by the amount of shitposting this movie is bringing into this board. I hope it hits a billions just so everyone can shut the fuck up

exactly, the original or the new one isnt scary.

I guess, effects look too cheap to be considered scary imo

>The movie is clearly going to hit 500 million.

>Why did the new ghostbusters flop?
because of baldlet manlet virgin goobergators who really need to grow up

or kill themselves

>I'm really starting to get annoyed by the amount of shitposting this movie is bringing into this board.

Starting?

Are you this new?

>they perfectly replicated the original film

sure they did

>There are posters on this board that support subpar, cynical remakes

I recently rewatched it, the effects hold up pretty well. They're still at least a little unnerving and definitely better than a lot of bad cg you see today. And the horror was always more lovecraftian than realism. The implications of vastly powerful other dimensional beings whose power is so vastly beyond you is always terrifying.

It didn't. It'll make its money back. There'll be a sequel too.

Nice bait, faggot.

Right. And now you're not a kid.

Melissa McCarthy movies don't have a history of making a lot of cash internationally. Paul Feig's movies have been trending downward in domestic grosses.

It'll probably end with 370 worldwide. No Chinese market to save their ass like Warcraft or terminator 5.

>500 million

It barely broke 50 in the first week. The OPENING WEEK. In the middle of July, it did this poorly. It's banned in China so it's not going to be opening there. It'll be lucky to make it's budget back. even if it doubled it's gross, it'd take another 5 weeks to make that money assuming it doubled in gross and stayed there for 5 weeks. Which is not gonna fucking happen.

Sorry bud but it is true. Everyone disliked the trailers. That shows there is not a large audience for fart jokes and scooby doo animation in whats meant to be a scary ghost movie with intelligent humor... sony gave us none of that.

>I mean, they perfectly replicated the original film

No, because foreign markets means less money for Sony.

>implying a Kaiju marshmallow man isn't scary
>implying hell hounds aren't scary
>implying that scene where that hands rip out of Dana's chair and drag her into the kitchen wasn't scary

I'm mean sure, it doesn't have to make you jump out of your chair and hold up a crucifix while pooping your pants and crying scary, but you can still sense that uneasy sense of dread of something that's inherently creepy.

It won't even make that much. Movie returns usually diminish 40 percent each week. Even if it has another weekend performing exactly as good as it did this week worldwide to account for the drop off, it'd make maybe 200 million in 6 weeks at best, and I cant possibly see it making more than that. it's budget was 150 million. not accounting for marketing, which was probably around 50 million, it will break even at best

the movie isn't going to open in asia, or at least not China, since they don't approve of ghosts in media.

Right, Ghostbusters draws a lot on Lovecraft, everything about Ivo Shandor and the ancient Sumerian deities and shit.

This is what the movie is about in 1 image.

spookt me a little

You pop this piece of crap in and expect Ghostbusters and what do you get?

>144 million + marketing
Why the FUCK would they give this movie that much money? Why are they making Emoji:The Movie?

Sony has gone completely off the deep end.

Jack and Jill is proof that Sony Pictures does not know how to make movies. Also what is it with Sony Pictures and their obsession with Times Square and product placement?

>wiig's grinning like "I trusted you to not fuck up feag. You deserve this"

Honestly, 370m would be a miracle.

Even 250m is unlikely

When it is going against Star Trek and Suicide Squad? thats the best it's getting.

I'm glad they decided the ghostbusters franchise should be repurposed to old lonely women, instead of everybody else. Because even little girls won't like an action movie where every character looks like their fat teacher or their weird aunt.

What if it didn't do that well on the weekend because everybody's going to see it during the week with their kids

..?

>everybody's going to see it during the week with their kids
Anyone who would've has gone already.
Ice Age 5 will be kiddy bait next Friday.
JJ Trek 3 will be there for the nerds and SJWs to praise gay-Sulu.
Gynobusters better pack some pads because it's gonna be bleeding ALL NEXT WEEK.

I liked the "mayor from Jaws" gag.

>Because even little girls won't like an action movie where every character looks like their fat teacher or their weird aunt
The whole
>This is a movie for HER [pictured: a little child in GB costume]
is retarded when you consider that the movie is PG 13.

>inb4: The Original was rated PG-13 too!
The original was not made for kids, but for the SNL audience, which is why is starred SNL Alumni.

Kids only liked it later, which is why they totally kiddified it in GB II.

>What if it didn't do that well on the weekend because everybody's going to see it during the week with their kids
What?

Most parents work during the week. Movies make shit all during the week

>implying a majority of women WANT to see a female Ghostbusters reboot

Unfortunately the movie only released in the real world and not the internet feminism circlejerk world. In the real world nobody gave a fuck and it shows.

almost spooked me didn't open right. so the spoopy face wasn't dead center. nice try though. :^)

>JJ Trek 3 will be there for the nerds

JJ Trek is generic space action for normies.

but it's space action non-the less

"Nerds" means Normalfags who like MCU shit now.

Nerds who like actual nerd shit are now called creeps and babymen. Get with the picture, grandpa

>got bored with friends and went to see central intelligence yesterday
>it looked like central intelligence had sold more tickets than ghostbusters had for a screening at the same time

and it made 18 million oversees so far, its more successful domestically

>australia.

well that's wrong, it's been out for 4 days.

>implying this ghostbusters isn't trying to get normie bucks

I don't think the new Star Trek will be good either but if you ask a majority of people I can guarantee that more people will want to see a bland sci-fi action shtick over "that movie where the women go on youtube to read mean comments"

It didn't FLOP

>youtube.com/watch?v=GWQeSIEQzCs
>I think it would be condescending to give it a pass and say "Hey good intentions" and "Isn't it great that they put all females in the lead?" That's not the way you review movies. You review movies on their own merit.

What the fuck did he fucking mean by this?

That's probably who he meant, the term nerd has changed drastically in meaning over the years.

neckbeard virgin autist is probably what you were assuming he meant

HI Angry Joe

IT MEANS HE'S A FUCKING SHITLORD.

BRING HIM TO THE KEK PYRES AND BURN HIM IN THE NAME OF FEIG

Ghostbusters (2016)

After being exposed for her unconventional theories and behavior, an outcast academic joins an obese woman, a lesbian, and a black woman in the fight against an abstract evil everyone else denies exists. Against mass criticism, online harassment, and media skepticism, they endure and continue their fight. Eventually, the true villain reveals himself: an angry, heartless virgin who just wants to destroy the world because he got beat up in high school (or something). They defeat this villain by castrating him. In the end, although much disbelief and persecution still lies ahead, they are rewarded for their courage by the praise of a city that tells them their fight is truly on the right side of history.

>Implying the librarian wasn't scary as fuck

tryin too hard, bud

Adam Sandler movies at least have the excuse of making them a small amount of money with little oversight. They write Sandlers production company some money and get slightly more back after a few years.

Fuck you up the ass.

Shitposting (2016)

An user focuses on a couple parts of a movie to reinforce his agenda. He then refuses to acknowledge that most of his criticism is also valid with the original Ghostbusters movie.

Guys, shooting dumb logo guy in the balls is dumb and all, but try to focus on different parts of the movie. Fuck what Sup Forums has done to all of Sup Forums.

I just watched the original ghostbusters movie yesterday, and no it's not.

THIS, for God's sake, this. It was just bizarre to me that this is the film they chose to remake on their little quest to stick it to the man. The vast majority of women won't go out of their way to see this movie and it was baffling to me that it got greenlit in the first place. You'd think that at least somebody at Sony would've realized that the rest of the world isn't, as you put it, the "internet feminism circlejerk world".

The majority of women are going to go out of their way to watch a romance, and there's really nothing wrong with that.

>Why did the new ghostbusters flop?

Because the people who made ghostbusters successful are fat virgins who hate women.

Is that before or after everyone else has taken their cut?

it was directed towards a minor SJW audience,
it also doesn't help when the director basically says Fuck You to the original fanbase.

The villain was the embodiment of the very feminist strawman the director has spent the past several months bitching about. They beat him by shooting him in the dick. Every few minutes somebody gives the main cast an awkwardly placed jab for being female. All the elements borrowed from the old film are completely superficial and it totally cast aside the spirit and themes of that made that movie one of the most popular comedies of all time. You're fucking high.

Sup Forums is made up of people from Sup Forums. It wasn't one of the original boards. when it got made, other boards flocked to it and some people stayed.
every racist jew hater is from Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /m/, /wg/, /ck, /o/, /k/

To be fair, there were newfags praising Robocop and Total Recall.

Hell, I didn't even like the original Total Recall and I thought those people were idiots.

>trashing the original classic to defend an unnecessary reboot nobody wanted

If you like the new movie, that's fine. But shitting on the original isn't going to convince anyone of anything.

tell me this isn't accurate
holy shit

>Came in second after an animated movie that has been in the movies for a week
>a new Ice Age movie is opening this week
>Star Trek Beyond is opening this week

lel

>/wg/

wat

When buzzwords are removed:
>quirky and different cast
>abstract evil
>harassment and skepticism
>virgin harbinger (ghostbusters 2)
>City celebrates at the end

I mean, the movie pandered and played on nostalgia, but it's not exactly a toxic sjw indoctrination flick. Why not grow up and accept that something can have an opinion different than yours and still be good?

The last act of this movie shit the bed and HARD. The first two acts were okay. Not great, but okay. But then Kevin gets possessed and everything falls apart. The movie abandons any sort of logic it had and throws everything against the wall. Nonstop yelling and CGI havoc for 30 minutes. You can tell this is where all the reshoots and budget cuts happened. It dragged a 7/10 movie down to 5/10.

Basically this, although I never found the original to be scary, it did fill me with a sense of wonder and adventure.

I miss being a kid and being able to feel that.

Not trashing, trying to explain that buzzwording alt right agendas is pointless.

>hey, but whenever you remove all the details of the movie, it's not the same thing
>ever think about that smart guy?
You know, at a certain point you've gone beyond giving a movie the benefit of the doubt and starting being a naive little tool. If you honestly don't see how clear and intentional the metaphor is, then you're fooling yourself. I didn't go in looking for this shit, but I sure as hell found it. Feig is a petty, spiteful little man and this movie was his playground.

If they'd have made it an actual Ghostbusters movie instead of some stupid fucking spoof, it might have worked.

There's nothing wrong with girl ghostbusters. No one wants to see an obvious agenda-pushing gender-swapping shitshow, though. Men OR women.

>/ck/
>/wg/
>/o/
>racist
What are you talking about

this
women aren't as stupid as Sup Forums make them seem

That's it, surely.

What? Paul Feig Movies and Mellissa Mcarthy movies doesn't describe this pile of shit. Feig and company were the wrong pick for this project. Bad word of mouth alone will kill any further interest in this abortion. People don't want to pay to cringe and not laugh for two hours just to cheese off the patriarchy. It's over Johnny.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

scary af

Didn't even break 50, shill

>Remake a movie franchise badly
>Reuse the original movie's plot and butcher it
>Fill the movie with tropes and quips
>Add zero originality to it what so ever
>Claim anyone who dislikes it for any reason is actually just a sexist who hates women
>Respond to the negitive feedback by moving a dance seen to the credits and add some jabs into a scene
>During all of the PR tour call men who don't like your movie lifeless virgins
>Seemingly craft the experience to have zero worthwhile moments

I think that should cover why it flopped, I honestly don't think you could make a more bland cash grab even if you tried.