happy purim

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purim
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where is your Purim spirit?!

What is purim? Have a good one mate whatever it is

oy, who knows with these goyim

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purim

Jewish holiday of costumes, candy, and getting black out drunk.

happy purim
are you going somewhere tonight?

Staying home tonight

Going to Harucon on sunday cause I'm weeb filth

what do you do in weebcons in this 3rd world shithole? is it just a fuckfest for degenerate sluts?
maybe ill come too

חַג שָׂמֵחַ

Get Streetpasses for my 3DS (literally the only place I can get any in this shithole country)
Sometimes there is decent merchandise for sale
There are actually decent lectures sometimes
Since last year they actually start to get decent guests. This year it's two famous Seiyuus.
Also I am sure that if you aren't an aspie beta like me you can probably fuck some underaged weeb girls if you are into that.

Purim?

>Purim
Isn't that the Feast where you genocided the last king of the Amalekites and killed thousands of Persians ?

We dindu nuffin. Akhashverosh killed Hamen and his family cause he was an evil nazi.

>he was an evil nazi

I-i guess t-they deserved it then !

Anyway, happy Purim

I mean, if you take the story of the Scroll of Esther as real, Haman really did deserve it.

It's not like with Pharaoh, where god made him evil so he could be punished.

He literally dug his own grave.

Happy Purim!

Martin Luther was right.

*Planted his own tree

Tell me about David, why was he such a small guy?

>Luther

>The guy who banged a nun
>The guy who did battle of feces with Satan
>The guy who said to the peasants to revolt then betrayed them

L-lies.

y-you can t-throw d-down t-this knife user, i was just joking !!!

>start a purim thread
>turns into christian intersectional fighting
Every fucking time

... he was a kid

kek

sorry my frend :D i really like france was just obviously joking
Shh
ok thank you f or your history lesson
tell me more about pruim :D

The story of the Scroll of Esther, which tells the tale of Purim:

In Shushan, capital of the Persian empire, Akhashverosh, king of Persia (who was probably Xerxes I) has a huge feast for all his ministers. He wants to show off the beauty of his wife, Vashti. The proud queen refuses to parade herself in front of all the minsters and advisers, so Akhashverosh, in a drunk fury, kicks her out and unthrones hers.

The next day he sobers up and realizes his mistake, but he can't undo it, so he decides to choose a new queen. He gathers all the young single women of the kingdom to find a suitable wife. Among them is Esther, a Jewish orphan raised by her cousin, Mordechai.

At Mordechai's advice, Esther hides her Jewish heritage, and gets chosen by the king as the new queen of Persia.

Meanwhile, Mordechai, who is a low ranking civil servant at the castle, discovers a plot by two advisers to assassinate king Akhashverosh. He stops their plot, and his heroic deed is written in the king's chronicle of ages.

Akhashverosh decides to promote one of his more loyal ministers, Haman, to a higher post. Everyone in the castle bow down to Haman, except of Mordechai, who refuses to bow. Haman gets so upset, that he decides not only to kill Mordechai, but to kill every single Jew in the kingdom! What a dick!

(Side note: In the traditional public readings of the scroll, whenever Haman's name is mentioned, the crowd makes noise, either by booing or using wooden noise-makers like in the OP picture, to blot out the name of Haman the Evil)

Haman declares that all Jews will be killed on the 13th of Adar, and gets royal permission from the king to carry out his scheme. He sends out a royal decree, telling all the people of Persia to slaughter and rob the Jews on that date.

When Mordechai hears of this, he decides he must save the Jewish people. However, he can't just go to the king and ask him to stop, for he is just a commoner, so he contacts Esther to help him.

fuck israel and fuck jewish people

HAPPY purim lads

After fasting for 3 days and 3 nights, Esther begins her plan. She starts by asking Akhashverosh to have a feast with all his minsters, including Haman. At the feast, Esther asks Akhasverosh to have another feast the very next day.

On his way back from the first feast, Haman passes by Mordechai, who once again doesn't bow to him. Enraged, he returns home and tells about this to his wife Zarash, who tells him to plant a tree, 50 amas high (about 25 meters), to hang Mordechai from personally.

At the same night, the king can't sleep, so he demands to be read from his chronicle of ages. By (((pure coincidence))), the chronicle randomly opens on the page that tells of Mordechai stopping the assassination. The king feels gratitude, and wants to know what he should do to thank him. Just in time, Haman came to the king, planning to get permission to hang Mordechai. The king asks Haman "What should be done to the man for whom the king wants the best?". Haman, thinking the king was talking about him, says that he should be dressed in the king's clothes, and ride on the king's horse all over town, pulled by the king's highest minister. Of course, the king was talking about Mordechai, and he chooses Haman as the minster to pull him around town.

Absolutely humiliated, Haman returns to his family, preparing for the dreaded 13th of Adar.

i have never heard of purim

is it something only greatest ally jews celebrate, or do the marxist jews here do it as well

During the second feast, Akhashverosh asks Esther if there is anything else she wants, and that he is willing to give her up to half his kingdom just to make her happy. It is at that point when Esther reveals that she is a Jew, and that Haman wants to kill her people.

Enraged (and forgetting that he allowed Haman to kill the Jews), the king storms out of the room. Haman runs to Esther to beg her for forgiveness, but accidentally trips and lands on her, just like in your Chinese cartoons. The king returns to the room, see Haman laying on top of his wife. Furious, the king demands Haman to be hanged from the tree he planted to hang Mordechai, and gives Mordechai all of Haman's possessions, including the royal seal.

Esther begs Akhashverosh to cancel his royal decree to kill the Jews, but it is too late, for they were already sent all over the kingdom. Instead, he lets Mordechai write a new royal decree, allowing to Jews to defend themselves from their assailants.

After two days of fighting, the Jews killed 300 attackers in Shushan, and 75,000 attackers all over the Persian empire, but even though the royal decree allowed them to loot, they dindu nuffin and took no loot for themselves. Haman and his ten sons were hanged, and ever since, Jews celebrate the 14th of Adar as the holiday of Purim!

It's one of the most important Jewish holidays my nigga. Even liberal jews like dressing up and getting drunk.

fascinading :D keep going on wise jweish man :DDD sorry about the 1941 though, it was just a prank bro :D at least we support israel now :D

Why don't Jews celebrate Easter?