5. Steve Vai
6. Michael Schenker
7. Marty Friedman
8. Uli John Roth
9. Adrian Smith
10. Glenn Tipton

>no Dave Mustaine
>no Gary Holt

Do you even listen to metal? Do you even play guitar?

Hammett should be on there

>No Matt Pike
>No Wata
pleb detected

The top five besides Tony arguably aren't metal guitarists and there's no Jon Levasseur or Dave Mustaine.

Did Metal Hammer write this list?

>Yngwie

kek

Idk if Jeff Loomis would be top 10, but he's one of my favorites.

Fuck off, no he shouldn't.
Hammett isn't even the best guitarist in his band.

Jeff is amazing. I don't think there's a single thing he can't play on guitar. He just doesn't have the name recognition others have, which is too bad.
He's just never written anything iconic and memorable

Steve Vai should be number 2 if not number 1
He started as a jazz guitarist btw

Fight me.

he.... writes shitty music. It doesn't matter how skilled he is. His music sucks and he's an intolerable douchebag.

He might not have any iconic hits, but his instrumental songs have much better songwriting than a lot of the more known names in shred, like Yngwie. His first solo album and the Conquering Dystopia album are some of my favorite instrumental guitar stuff.

That's the thing though. No one but meal fanboys listen to a guys solo album.

Muhammad SuiƧmez

what does "best" mean?

>2. Yngwie Malmsteen

>Memesteen at no. 2

is that because he's shit?

>metal

lmao

this and Jari Maenpaa

fuck anybody who says Tony Iommi I could play that shit in my first year of playing guitar. You're shit until you can sweep pick diminshed arpeggios for 5 minutes straight like these mofos

Actually he writes some very cool songs- way more diverse and interesting than anyone else on the list...and see as how you have never met him yet claim to know he is an intolerable douche bag suggests deeper issues on your part.

you're fucking retarded if you think wankery is the measurement of guitar skills

EVH started shred metal. Arguably the most influential guitarist ever. Deserves to be on the list you cunts.

Have you not seen the Britney Spears rant

"wankery"

That's a funny way to say actual skill and technique. Your fucking retarded if you think playing minor pentatonic and holding bends for 12 measures takes any talent whatsoever

Michael Denner should be on this list. If you don't know who he is, stay out of heavy metal.

Where the hell are Jerry Cantrell, Josh Homme, Fredrik Thordendal, Jeff Loomis and Chuck Schuldiner?

A song doesn't need to be run on talent to be good

Compare though, the skill of metal musicians to classical musicians. Metal is like a candle, classical like a floodlight. Consider Malmsteen, for example, who has a reputation for great skill but is incredibly mediocre and sloppy in reality.

seriously, malmsteen makes any list a joke

>Not more influential than Tony

So? It's obvious that classical pieces and musicians are inherently more advanced than metal or anything to be honest. That doesn't make a guitarist a wanker. Bet you think Segovia is a wanker.