Why aren't you a registered nurse?

Why aren't you a registered nurse?
>Never be unemployed.
>Great pay.
>At school, surrounded by intelligent women.
>At work, surrounded by intelligent women.
>Never work in hot weather
>Never work in cold weather.
>Leave work everyday knowing you've made the world a better place.

Why haven't you applied to nursing school yet?

No Money.

Why not student loans?

I don't wanna wipe the asses of old people everyday for the rest of my life

bc I'm a med student

I'm not a big fat negress
> that's the only nurses i ever see

>Med student on Sup Forums.
top kek

bioengineering student here, taking a lot of classes with nursing students.

no, they arent intelligent. One girl in my organic chem class asked the teacher why her boiling chips werent dissolving.

>literally lower percentage of black nurses vs blacks in general population in USA.

Because I'm a biochemist and don't have to work your shit tier hours or have the stress of your job. Also at no point to I have to deal with anyone else's poop or body fluids through out the day, so thats sweet

>intelligent women

RNs are some of the dumbest people I have ever met, not merely stupid, but incurious, uncultured trash.

The money and job security are good, though.

Because I make 3 times what a registered nurse does also nurses are dumb as rocks.

Yup. Nursing is where all the feminists end up after washing out of med classes.

Yeah like I'm scrubbing sagging balls or spoon feeding miss saggytits for shitty pay and long hours

lol theyre not feminists at my school, theyre either young hot sluts or 35 year old single moms obsessed with their dumb kids. theyre pretty chill.

No those are CNAs. rns sit for long hours writing reports, based upon work they never actually did that LPNs do

What field?
Are you happy?

>surrounded by pussy

You sound like a picky little Jew

I make a lot more money developing medical software.

If you don't believe that, you probably won't believe I'm graduating in 4 months?

why isnt tele-medicine big in the usa yet?

Happy? I don't think about frivolous ideas like feelings.

It field, private independent contractor.

>nurse
>intelligent women

Well, if you feel like that you must be pretty fucking stupid to begin with.

Also
>Leave work everyday knowing you've made the world a better place
The weather thing is bullshit depending where you are at and I don't know how you make a better world by avoiding natural selection to make it's work.

Seriously, if you somehow manage to magically make a 8oz hammer to break all your ribs while working at floor level you deserve the suffering.

>intelligent women

I'm in my last year of PA school and I can assure you nursing is a cesspool of normie mentality. It's a bunch of skirt who convinced themselves they were geniuses after they got a B in A&P 1. Also they have the strongest union in healthcare and have negotiated themselves into director roles that they are point blank not educated enough to hold. The entire career is the biproduct of catty, pseudoempowered female mentality. Just saw a promoted tweet for a "stop bullying in nursing" seminar. For what it's worth, both my parents are RN's. Both are pretty intelligent and very good at their jobs. Both of them think their coworkers are retarded.

I worked in a hospital for two years. It was fucking awful.

Half the patients smelled, blacks were insanely rude and turned me into an incurable racist, and being one of the maybe five guys who - in pairs - could move hamplanets around and was asked to do it all the time was hell on my will to live.

This is largely true. Tho they are not unionized everywhere like in some states.

medfag refuse to go to new york bc i hear residents have to draw their own labs on the reg at hospitals bc union nurses

>>At school, surrounded by intelligent women.
>>At work, surrounded by intelligent women.

7/10 bait, got me to reply.

Because I despise the human race, and realize that smart women is an oxymoron?

>Happy? I don't think about frivolous ideas like feelings.

Probably soul-crushingly depressed and don't realize it.

I'm planning on becoming an RN. Working out getting my EMT license then finishing up pre-reqs I need to get into nursing school.

I want to go for my BSN and then try and get work as an ICU travel nurse. I'd like to rack up a couple years of ICU experience and then start applying for CRNA school.

I probably have at best, 7 more years of school/work til I get there.

I'm actually in NY now. I haven't seen that, but they are very quick to call a lab undrawable and call an IV team that takes 3 hours to get there if they miss on their first stick. They also make life hell for midlevels so I guess I'm biased. Follow this.

>My surgical preceptor at the VA, 10 year PA
>Runs his own derm clinic doing minor excisions
>operates alone under local
>Attending is one room over
>completely within scope of practice
>HEAD of Infectious disease is an RN
>Makes rounds to check on protocols
>Walks into OR
>Freaks out on my preceptor
>Says he's not allowed to operate alone
>Patient is awake and very mad
>Preceptor says chill, it's totally allowed
>Nurse goes to HR and pulls his credentials
>Sees he is totally allowed to operate alone
>"Well Nurse Practitioners aren't allowed to do that!!!!!"
>NP's aren't surgically trained in school
>NP's are barely trained in school at all
>Nurse makes reccomendation to board to change preceptor's credentialing
>Preceptor can no longer operate on malignant lesions alone
>Takes forever to finish a case because we have to wait for attending to come watch us do something we've done hundreds of times

ok.

>intelligent women

Top kek user

I dont want to spend my days wiping asses and hanging lit with geriatrics

My girlfriend is a nurse, all of the above is true

go for PA or med instead

tbh though I've met some pretty fucking stupid nurses.

I don't know how, with all of the requisite testing involved.

but by god I've met some god damn dumb nurses.

Why do you say that? I considered PA, but I liked the pathway for getting to CRNA better and the option to work a somewhat lucrative job as a travel nurse.

And then of course finishing out as a CRNA I can make a retarded amount of money. Not the reason I'm doing it. I just like the progression, but the money is definitely a big incentive.

>Never be unemployed.
Where do you get your stats from?
>Great pay.
>women
>intelligent
Choose one and only one

>women
>intelligent
CHOOSE ONE AND ONLY ONE
>Leave work everyday knowing you've made the world a better place.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure user, we are that gullible to believe that hospitals aren't banking off health in conjunction to the big pharma companies
>Why haven't you applied to nursing school yet?
Because not everyone is suited to this kind of job but nice trying to rationalize your life choices on a Laotian card trading pictureplank

Well end game is PA. Right now army medic. Go get BSN then work while trying to be PA. Free college cause army then more free college cause Texas.

Because i'm a software engineer.
>Never be unemployed.
>Great pay.
>At school, surrounded by intelligent men.
>At work, surrounded by intelligent men.
>Never work in hot weather.
>Leave work everyday knowing you've twiddled some bits to make a buck for the man.

Also a wizard. Sounds like I should have been a nurse.

epic edge my depressed dude

>attention whoring problems
ftfy

i CNC jet engine parts for F15's and warthogs. Im good on being a fucking male nurse.

because it requires a ridiculous amount of gpa.

have 3.7

apparently it isnt enough

fake and gay.

I'm a man

Catheters.

slave for your whole life

Wanted to after hospitalization......Criminal record doe..

Im calling bullshit on that, or you just had shitty ECs because only having a good gpa wont do shit as all that tells them is you know how to take a test.

lol i used to love when people told me this in high school. it doesn't even happen every single day.

i work in a teaching facility. we get residents and 3rd year med students. i gotta say. idk what y'all doing in those schools but y'all come out looking sooooooooooo good. post body pics. these streets need them!

>never work in hot weather
>never work in cold weather

because the only place without hot or cold weather is san francisco?

Canadian, actually. Fuck this place. +40 degC in summer and -40 degC in winter. (104 degF to -40 degF for you freedom fighters.)

yea, but your president is a nice guy.

Ha ha, what a stupid statement.

Pic is perfect.

I wish Canada expands the scope of practice for nurses. No such thing as a CRNA here, probably never will be.

>That feel when it is not a good job
>Goes home with clostridium difficile
>Spends day with geriatric std yeast infected women?
No thanks fag

Nay, I have fought depression in the past.

I got chronic lower back pain so this kind of job is out.

Because I want a PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology.

so you can make the same amount as a nurse, but with poorer job security?

Nay, I am simply living without delusions.

The fuck does any of that even mean? You sound like an edgy faggot

Not a clog wearing faggot

because i am not a giant fucking faggot.

75% of all the people a nurse sees in a day need to be put out to pasture anyways, and you're helping to perpetuate the problem of retards and whiny cunts roaming the earth making life harder for the people around them and no one wants to say anything because "muh feelings" and shit.

The only reason I have respect for RNs is because of the work and dedication they put into their job. If it wasn't for that I'd find the profession absolutely disgusting and shameful.

Seriously, good for you though and your mediocre $20/hour to clean human feces and knowingly helping the worst of the worst survive on a daily basis because we just can't let natural selection take it's fucking course anymore.

"make the world a better place" fuck off cunt

Not to mention beautiful.

Because I don't have to be working 2 shifts a day cleaning old people's assholes.

Our what now

The appeal is knowing shit and pairing that with imagination to find new ways to solve biological problems.

Because I'm getting married to one
Fun fact: Engineers and nurses are more likely to develop dementia

The same reason widescreen isnt

fair enough.

Yeah, I think US is the best market for nursing. Good pay, lot's of job opportunity. More so than any where else it seems

Isnt should be wasn't

What to do Sup Forums?
>In region with 10% unemployment.
>Laid off from oil-dependent job, coworkers sitting, not working.
>inb4 computer science. Hate sitting all day, and programming is not for me. Not to mention here in Canada wages are half of American wages.
>inb4 engineering. I would jump off a bridge before I had a chance to design one.
>Sister-in-laws and mother are nurses, never laid off. They love their jobs and make similar to what I would if I wasn't laid off. ($80k CAD).
Should I swallow the blue pill and become a nurse?

>Also software engineer
>At school, surrounded by intelligent men.
>At work, surrounded by intelligent men.
That part is killing me. Daily sausagefest.

care to explain a bit more? i dont understand that when other jobs are going the remote jobs route i dont see why easy clinic type check ups arent done online

That actually sounds about right. I see shit like that (as far as the stupidity, not the actual events) all the time here in California.

Currently a nurse, not a fag and don't have to wipe any ass. Its fine, it's a fucking job find me the magical career where you would rather be at work than at home and I'll change my career tomorrow.

Tele medicine is huge in many parts of the US. Texas uses the shit out of it.

This guy gets it.

>Tele medicine is huge in many parts of the US. Texas uses the shit out of it.
oh no shit? ive never seen it. thats pretty bad ass ive always wanted to not have to leave the house for petty shit like strep throat, and stuff like that

Seems to me like you are a faggot if you love being so close to men.

Lol this.

Unless your male in which case you will be the one everyone goes to when someone needs to be lifted...

because i'm a man and rather be a doctor.

My wife is a nurse. Isn't it wild getting to hear them talk in groups about oozing sores and puss while they eat?

Pretty much accept that you'll probably never have crazier work stories than she does.

Unless you are SO in the military or plumber.

Not sure how plumbing turns so interesting in this place. Human retardation maybe.

Social worker here. I work closely in the hospital with nurses. If you like hearing nurses compain about other nurses, how overworked they are and how most of the RNs feel like they are smarter than the doctors, (spoiler, their not) then nursing might be right up your alley.

>spoiler, their not
>their
You might not be smart too, user.

You're taking classes with PRE nursing students. These are the retards who think nursing is easy and haven't actually made it into the program yet.

>too

nigger detected

I do appliance repair actually... have gotten close... fucking month old fridge than renters were arguing with the landlord about who would foot the bill for repair... they called me out... left food in it turned off for a month... could smell it from the front door... fridge inside was solid mold.... told them it had to be cleaned before I messed with it... that and the cockroach calls...

I will admit i rely on auto correct allot. My phone does not have that option