I am going to climb one of these this weekend, and unlike most of you I do not wish to die...

I am going to climb one of these this weekend, and unlike most of you I do not wish to die. What safety precautions should I take to avoid electrocution or falling? I only wish to go as high as the red arrow, where the supports change from angled to vertical. will post pics this time next week if I end up doing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_NEAEGeFIw
youtu.be/dg2iamRELQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Idk but it would be cool to take one down with thermite

I recommend using a harness to secure your self.

yes, it would
im really more worried about electric shock

wear a faraday suit. electricity jumps.

Shave balls

that would be hella cool, i could play with big tesla coils and climb power lines fearlessly. sadly i do not own one, and im too broke to buy or make one. so broke i cant afford to entertain myself any other way than climbing power lines

This

Dude... you are more likely to fall than get electrocuted. Don't touch the Power Wires while either touching the frame or another wire. Unless you make a circuit with your body you will be fine.

Make sure you don't let go at any point during your climb.
Do a quick one finger shock check before placing your hand anywhere, like really really quick...anticipate the shock.

the electric current running through thouse transformers is so strong that it will jump to you and roast your entire body in less than a second. quick and painless but, non the less very dead

how far up until that happens though?

youtube.com/watch?v=6_NEAEGeFIw

Hey OP, this may be bait but Im replying anyway. YOU WILL DIE. I had a mate who tried this and didn't even get as far as that red line and fucking burnt. The smell of cooked teenager was fucking awful. DONT DO IT!!!!

>What safety precautions should I take to avoid electrocution or falling?
Erm. Don't even attempt this.
Those signs all over saying "Danger of Death" are not a joke, and neither is dying from a 50kv electricution. See Youtube for proof

electricity "jumps" only if there is already an arc of ionized air providing a conductive path. Air is less conductive than those white ceramic insulators. Stay at least that distance from all wires and there's no reason you should get electrocuted. Do this on a very dry day.

not sure if troll. At this voltage level any shock will kill him for sure

holy shit

Don't touch any wires and maybe wear some boots/shoes and gloves that don't conduct electricity

Firefighter here. You are an idiot.

Just gather all the people you wanted to show off to, sit them down and tell them. Electricity is bad'm Kay.
You honor should be un harmed by this act

yes, the wires are safe, but the towers are not. OP do not climb

Ignore the trolls. The wires are covered in a very thick plastic insulation and are perfectly safe to touch.

Yea basically. The reason they do it by helicopter is so there's no path to ground.

the phases are far enough away that you won't get electrocuted at the spot noted, if you have a harness with 2 safety clips you should be good

Natural selection power will jump and fry you

youtu.be/dg2iamRELQo

he directly touched it. It didn't jump

inb4 OP gets fried to a crisp and knocks out power to half the country

Wear your gimp suit op.

im an elevtrician OP.

If you want to do this, stay 15ft away from each cable. they have huge insulators to keep the current away from the structure. The frame will not be energized, if it was there would be a crew fixing it since it is a high line and powers up a city.

Not only will this voltage/current kill you, your skin may vaporize at contact and your eyes will melt. No chance of living through it so do not go within 15ft.

You dont need a special suit. Just a harness and a friend to get you down if you get stuck.

gr8 b8 m8

don't know how it works fag?

don't go up there, then.

Don't do it if you want to live

thank you, this is useful information.