Anybody got tips for using a wah pedal? Looked online but can't find much help, got this boss dynamic wah

Anybody got tips for using a wah pedal? Looked online but can't find much help, got this boss dynamic wah

Well that's more of an envelope filter kinda, not exactly a wah. Either but an expression pedal or just grab a crybaby wah for like 50 bucks

I bought it cause I had a crybaby but it was defective and I liked the auto wah idea I watch demo videos but I haven't found a way to get a decent sound out of it yet

Thinking about grabbing an extra pedal for it but I wanna get a good sound out of it first

Ama

Yeah that can give you that Garcia weird wah effect. You really need a pedal to do it right. Crybaby is a classic, but an all-in-one unit with pedal is cool too if you want to have different progs use it for volume or whatever. Buying individual pedals is definitely one way to go. You can screw around with the order... but its a lot more expensive. Fuck do they charge for those pedals.

You fucked up by not getting a crybaby or a weeping demon.
2/10 made me reply.

Are auto wahs that much different from standard foot pedal wahs? The demos I was listening to sounded pretty good and that's why I bought it one review even said if you tweak it right you can get a dubstep sounding wah effect and I thought that might be p cool it's just I'm a wah noob and can't play with it very well not as good as the demos at least

I use this pedal for solos

That's what I was thinking it'd be easier to use without having to move your foot but maybe I'll get the foot pedal extension in the future

I don't use the extension or anything.

my only gripe is that it mutes your signal for like a fraction of a sec when you turn it on and off

kek

that character is like a pokemon

op are you fucking retarded just plug it into your guitar or your synth or your asshole or whatever and fuck with the knobs and stomp on it until it makes the noise you want

This I think you basically got an env filter, if you get a crybaby, then basically turn everything to the maximum setting except for the master volume, including reverb if your amp has it, then sit there and play one note and then push the wah up and down, you will see soon how awesome it is, you pretty much don't have to try, its like the gas pedal in a car if you have driven for a long time, it becomes automatic if you use it for a long time.

OP's pedal works by reacting to how light or hard you pick a note.

OP read the manual and learn to use or or find the suggested settings in the back.

Next time, get a real wag, like a Morley.

It*
wah*

>Fucken autocorrect!

Op here they left that out of the manual I think and it took me a little while to figure that out, nice feature I think

I'll make due with what I have for now but if I need to I'll upgrade to a foot pedal wah just gotta find one that's not defective

How was your foot wah defective?

For medium priced wahs, I'd get one of the two here:
Morley bad horsie 2 wah
Dunlop crybaby/mini crybaby.
From customer feedback id say the crybaby is the best, but ive heard good things about the morley too.

Adaptive wahs are nice but dont really provide a nice wah anymore than it changes your general tone.

It was giving me a weak sounding wah which I thought was my fault but then it just stopped working entirely

should probably just get an expression pedal for it. a crybaby or a wailer would have been a better choice initially, but since you already got this one might as well just go for it.

What kind of wah was it?

Did you try changing the battery or use a wall plug?

Just really faint and maybe a little static-y

I didnt have a wall plug just the battery

I was pressing up and down on it like you're supposed to and nothing was happening after the initial faint wah

And then it just died completely not sure if plugging into a wall would fix it

Watching demos of expression pedals now and one guy got this cool nintendocore sounding rattle out of it, for my next pedals I was thinking about a pitch shifter and a chorus