/classical/

Chord edition
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request*.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6dutPH80D0k
vocaroo.com/i/s1E2wfvhoI1U
youtube.com/watch?v=R3YfBGR-WSo
youtu.be/dxwCEjvE338
youtube.com/watch?v=0icMbH7vN5I
youtube.com/watch?v=7Uv8B7KzcuE
youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss
youtube.com/watch?v=z97Pa0ICpn8
youtube.com/watch?v=PzSlmWQuHFw
youtube.com/watch?v=HHQfid7zecE
youtube.com/watch?v=dAh4cBW389k
youtube.com/watch?v=JPYGRfzfBew
youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70
youtube.com/watch?v=rpRr-tTEpfw
youtube.com/watch?v=MWLRwg9-Cqw
youtube.com/watch?v=9gG0j-35Mgk
youtube.com/watch?v=sHI2xyyH-CU
youtube.com/watch?v=dXAwEWKV6F8
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs00O53sx5A
youtube.com/watch?v=GIKdGAQEunE
youtube.com/watch?v=JVcOAPeMyRk
youtube.com/watch?v=mBOtMtgVGCA
youtube.com/watch?v=SGWYbkXCcGU
youtube.com/watch?v=JRWLhYNtjWg&t=1m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=zetpj0eOo7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=sc0SdpExmBI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Handel

youtube.com/watch?v=6dutPH80D0k

Celibidache's boxsets are definitely worth it.

>those sharps on the A

The A naturals in the left hand

Yeah, if you like shit

Best recording of Salome?

vocaroo.com/i/s1E2wfvhoI1U

shitty waltz

C# major is just Db major for edgelords

Not if you plan to exclusively modulate downwards in the circle of fifths by three or more keys.

>Unlike Wagner, Puccini does not develop or modify his motifs, nor weave them into the music symphonically, but uses them to refer to characters, objects and ideas, and as reminders within the narrative
The germans have Liszt, the french Chopin, and the italians Puccini. What should we call this trio?

Judging by what most anons' compositions are like, that's not half bad. Keep at it faggot.

petzold

Mozart is overrated plebshit, right /classical/?

Pizza with wurstel a' la julienne.

Not just Puccini, the entire of romantic italian opera composers are like this

>The germans have Liszt

REMINDER THAT LISZT IS HUNGARIAN

He doesn't look mongolian to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=R3YfBGR-WSo

I like some of his chamber pieces.

classic bruno

Everyone likes them, he's a safe-as-fuck pop-classical

chart?

Do you have the rym link?

sent ;)

I prefer his safe style than edgy atonal stuff to be frank.

>He prefers to music that's enjoyable to listen
leave Sup Forums

I don't think /classical/ really likes the atonal composers.

kys
no one wants this half-assed garbage

>The germans have [good composer], the french [other good composer], and the italians [shit]
???

>safe-as-fuck
>Mozart
>this meme again

>Liszt
>Chopin
>good
???

I don't know user, excellent recordings of most of the best music from the past century from 50 different composers, I think someone might appreciate it

Name one (1) work by Mozart that's even remotely challenging
Hard mode: No Requiem

I thought they were double sharps.

youtu.be/dxwCEjvE338

This is a double sharp

I did not think that through.

>excellent recordings
>most of the best music from the past century
you high bro?

youtube.com/watch?v=0icMbH7vN5I

Is 20 too late to start being piano, getting into classical music and actually being worth a shit? The culture seems to point to people who grew up around classical music and were able to adopt the instument and have lessons when they were very young.

And by 'being piano' I mean 'playing piano'.

It only has 2600 reviews, so it hasn't even passed peer review.

shut the fuck up
there's at least one of you retards asking the same stupid question in every thread

Kek. I'll lurk the next thread and wait for the next poor soul to ask then.

Recommend me some composers still alive today.

All I know is there are plenty of "atonal", "post-dodecaphonic" composers that I view the same way I view what is going in art schools today (it's post-modern garbage). I also know there are mainstream guys like Hans Zimmer, Max Richter (his Vivaldi is quite good) or Morricone.
How do I get into the modern symphonic game?

The answer is yes, however only if you are able to spend multiple hours a day pursuing this interest and actually working. If you can see yourself spending less time on Sup Forums/jacking off/etc and pursuing music instead, go for it. I'm talking if you want to "actually be worth a shit".
A piece of advice: don't do it. It's not worth trying to be special, the odds are even if you started at 11 you're not going to make it. Get a job.
Imagine spending years doing something you're not even getting paid for. You hit 30 and start wondering wtf happened. Or you could get a job, have a steady income, money in your pocket. No sleeping in cars, no anxiety attacks, no being a leech.

The Krauss recording, honestly. Best overall singing and conducting. The sound is nice too, though it's only mono

Got it. Thanks for the honest answer.

Honestly, most pianists 'worth a shit' today aren't really that good in comparison to their past peers.

If you're thinking about Carnegie Hall, then good luck, but if playing for yourself is 'worth a shit' to you, it's a worthwhile endeavor. Music gives you a lot of perspective on life in general.

The '54 or the '47 recording?

not but was looking into the subject and found youtube.com/watch?v=7Uv8B7KzcuE

Wunderlich in the production

youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss

hard fucking aria

Elaborate

Not looking to go pro, just to be a respectable pianist.

youtube.com/watch?v=z97Pa0ICpn8

good soundtrack love michael nyman

Arvo Pärt
youtube.com/watch?v=PzSlmWQuHFw
youtube.com/watch?v=HHQfid7zecE
youtube.com/watch?v=dAh4cBW389k
Rautavaara
youtube.com/watch?v=JPYGRfzfBew
youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70
Lera Auerbach
youtube.com/watch?v=rpRr-tTEpfw
youtube.com/watch?v=MWLRwg9-Cqw
John Psathas
youtube.com/watch?v=9gG0j-35Mgk
youtube.com/watch?v=sHI2xyyH-CU
Anthony Ritchie is a pretty great symphonist, you'll probably have to order his music through SOUNZ though as there isn't much of it online:
youtube.com/watch?v=dXAwEWKV6F8

Then no, you're not late at all. You'll probably never play Rachmaninoff 3, but you can easily get some sonatas and nocturne under your belt.

>not recommending Tabula Rasa
>not recommending Spiegel im Spiegel
Fuck off

>You hit 30 and start wondering wtf happened
I hit 30 a couple months ago: wizard, no friends, but at least I have my piano -- nobody can take that from me :3

My hand are probably too small for Rachmaninoff anyway.

Rachmaninoff isn't even that hard.

You can always roll it like the Asians do. There is a fucking 8 year old girl playing Rach's 2nd Sonata on youtube -- I believe in you.

Most of the time I can't tell Debussy and Ravel apart.

I'm 30, too. Grew up in a musical family, but never bothered to pick up an instrument myself. I can read sheet music, though. I've been thinking about trying to learn piano, but I can't afford a piano or even a keyboard. I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

If it sounds like shit, it's Debussy. If it sounds amazing, it's Ravel.

do what you want to do. you're gonna die one day anyway. make music or do some stupid job.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs00O53sx5A

I really dislike both of those pieces. So sue me. Fratres was Pärt's breakthrough work in the 90s, Summa for strings is a personal favorite of mine - simply beautiful, and his first symphony and Perpetuum Mobile showcase his earlier, dissonant style.
You could have brought up Fur Alina as well, as it was really his first tintinnabuli piece.

fucking morons

leave and don't come back

>not listening to Tafelmusik while eating dinner
youtube.com/watch?v=GIKdGAQEunE
What's your excuse?

A weeb with good opinions is as oxymoronic as a new complexity composition that isn't utter wank.

wer

>Lully dies
>Leclair: leave French music to me
youtube.com/watch?v=JVcOAPeMyRk

Who are you favourite pianists of baroque music?

Soler.

saying the point of new complexity is wank is even less true than saying the point of etudes is wank

youtube.com/watch?v=mBOtMtgVGCA

Is this Schubert's most beautiful song?

no you autist he is #1

youtube.com/watch?v=SGWYbkXCcGU

holy shit this is literally the best piece of music ever created by man and if any of you disagree i will come to your house and end you

I disagree.
Come over user I'm lonely.

no you aren't allowed to disagree

Depends what your definition of 'worth a shit' is.

There's plenty of evidence towards the logarithmic nature of music performance. Many classical pianists who cared to write of their own studies in detail within their notes/memoirs remarked that, despite the abundance of talent and cultivated ability, sight reading and memorization in particular became noticeably more difficult past their 20s; it's no coincidence that your brain begins to calcify somewhere around that point. As a late starter you're going to have a difficult time developing some abilities which are crucial to becoming a well rounded musician.

Technique is but one thing, responsibilities/personal life notwithstanding any late beginner can learn to play virtuoso passages quickly if dexterity is what they most desire, but the 'big picture' will often elude them and they'll find it difficult to memorize complete works or the things that they do finish learning will begin to fade much too quickly unless they rehearse them almost every single day which is exhausting if not downright unfeasible with longer music. Chopin/Liszt etudes are possible but don't even think about getting something like 'Petroushka' down without proper study habits.

If you rephrase your question as "will I be good enough by the time I'm 40 to pass an audition for any of the top 10 worldwide conservatoires or place highly in an international piano competition?" then the answer is simply no. You'll have 20 years of experience with the added disadvantage of having to begin studying one of the most excruciatingly minute disciplines on the planet in a period where your body is already beginning to slow down while most serious pianists will have 35 years under their belt and enough of their life committed to this one thing that it's like second nature to them.

You should read Piano Notes by C. Rosen. It's fairly simple but it details some very important concepts for anyone unfamiliar with the broad world of piano playing.

Glenn Gould is number one, without a doubt. A phenomenal pianist, personality and thinker. His interpretation of WTC is unchallenged, to this day.

Try Passions you brainlet. Mozart is unorganized and gets carried away with the voicing.

Good Friday is coming up anons, which Passion setting/recording will you be listening to?

Mentally challenged, you mean.

You can cry "exploring new avenues of musical expression" until you're red in the face. The score is only the score and nothing but the score. An étude that can't be performed is not much of a musical study at all. The spectralists also make use of many notational idiosyncrasies (out of necessity), the difference being that theirs always have a functional quality in the production of sound (music). Not so with the new complexicists who have had to retreat into increasingly more "esoteric" (i.e. nonsensical -- e.g. the insane schizophrenic idea of a "dialogue" between the score and the performer) apologetics every time someone has pointed out that they have no ground to stand on.

Gullible morons like you is why contemporary music is allowed to be so lacking. There's too many shit eating pseuds with their mouths wide open ready for charlatans to crap in.

>Someone writes the music they want to write
>someone else says its shit

Same thing has been happening all throughout time. They said it about Monteverdi, they said it about Beethoven, they said it about Debussy, they said it about Stravinsky, they said it about Schoenberg, they said it about Penderecki, they said it about Reich. Now you're saying it about Fereyhough. It doesn't make you smarter than he is. It makes you look dumb and closed minded.

Many people also say the earth is flat and the moon landing was a hoax. "People say things" is not any sort of defence at all.

More bald faced lies from Ferneyhough:
youtube.com/watch?v=JRWLhYNtjWg&t=1m26s

>Many people also say the earth is flat and the moon landing was a hoax
That's what your comments on new complexity come across as. Its something you don't understand and are trying to make up things to explain it.
"New Complexity is random bullshit" is as dumb as saying the earth is flat, but you just don't know any better. In 100 years you might work it out.

And now we're back to "you don't know anything about it". Generic, unsubstantiated, pretend "esotericism".

Chopin

One of the best piano études ever:
youtube.com/watch?v=zetpj0eOo7Y

Just play it for fun - you don't have to be especially good. as long as you enjoy it - so what?

Vivaldi

youtube.com/watch?v=sc0SdpExmBI

How long would it take for someone to learn how to transcribe music into notation? And just how useful is it?

Seems to me like transcription is a MUST-HAVE tool, that would allow you to analyze music and speed up your learning substantially. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Gould was a charlatan and a sociopath