Who else /disappointed/ here with the singles released for Humanz?

Who else /disappointed/ here with the singles released for Humanz?

>Saturnz Barz would be great if it was just Gorillaz without Popcaan
>Andromeda is boring
>We Got the Power generic pop shit
>Ascension is just generic rap shit
>Let Me Out isn't great
>Album art is the worst to date

I'm a long time Gorillaz fan but I'm not feeling great about Humanz from what I've heard so far

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQduMTc5TR8&list=LLkLf06v1rrd7lK0BsmTmokg&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=f-3WDCyfio8
youtube.com/watch?v=CNBZYSedvG0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRe0bE0P6rM
youtube.com/watch?v=5qJp6xlKEug
youtube.com/watch?v=9W44NWYwa1g
youtube.com/watch?v=HSivlaSVk1k
youtube.com/watch?v=hBA0PUQCvIA
youtube.com/watch?v=1dONxX9rifs
vimeo.com/210795661
youtube.com/watch?v=36DCuT1KxM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I honestly like the remixes more than the original tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=sQduMTc5TR8&list=LLkLf06v1rrd7lK0BsmTmokg&index=8

youtube.com/watch?v=f-3WDCyfio8

youtube.com/watch?v=CNBZYSedvG0

I agree as far as the music is concerned but i kinda like the cover art.

fuckin' hate these talentless hacks whomst need to hide under cartoon characters for their lack of talent

>these, their
Do we tell him ?

I've honestly been enjoying most of the singles, with the exceptions of We Got The Power and Hallelujah Money

We Got the Power is fucking awful though... What a terrible choice to end the album with. Like you pretty much have to get the deluxe edition to avoid that track souring the mood

I don't think the singles are plain bad. I just expect a bit more from gorilaz. This sounds like it was produced by a complete hack compared to previous albums.

I like Let Me Out but I have a feeling I like it because the video they released of it with all of the pictures syncing to the beat is fun to watch.

Bump

>whomst
Get over yourself.

Go suck Mangum's cock retard

>Andromeda is boring

the fuck is wrong with you, this is their best one by far! Seriously, how can you find this boring? It's so danceable.

>he doesn't know it's a meme

>Haha Drumpf
>Land of opportunity except for darkies like me
What a preachy pile of crap.

How can one mention of trump before the song has even properly started trigger so many people
theres even a version without the names ffs

Maybe they shouldn't have built up this album as a dystopian theme in the name of a Trump victory.

The album art is shite.

getting this triggered by a news story

>implying that criticizing their new album will make you a monster

Fuck this guy

Downvoted

Upvoted

A "news story" that came from the artists themselves.

I was implying to his video that he made.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRe0bE0P6rM

an ugly and tasteless positive virgin faggot

I thought the bottom right was the sniper from TF2 at first.

>2017
>still giving a fuck about gorillaz

he is

Anyone download the app yet? Is this supposed to be the new version of the virtual website? Cause this is sad and disappointing.

Seems to be, its irritating as fuck that it just redirects you to things in Safari and you have to tab back to the app and there's only 5 rooms. The animated Gorillaz universe is one of the best parts about the band so them skimping on the site is definitely worrisome

I also can't seem to get anyone but 2D to show up in his room. Is it just, luck of the draw?

Can anyone explain to me why Murdoc saying "The bath!" in the Saturnz Barz video became a fucking meme? Am I missing something or is it just funny because "hehe he's british XD"

Its a VR kinda thing so try turning around/looking up and down. Noodle's room is Buddha, Rus is a ski mask, Murdoc's is a bull skull, and the living room is a TV

are you too daft to realise damon is gorillaz? A story about something he said to one collaborator is not setting it up as trump dystopian album
fucking mental gymnastics

I think the virtual website will also be online.

Reddit

>Saturnz Barz would be great if it was just Gorillaz without Popcaan
Definitely, but I can bear through Popcaan to get to 2D's vocals
>Andromeda is boring
Yes
>We Got the Power generic pop shit
Yes
>Ascension is just generic rap shit
Yes
>Let Me Out isn't great
Only song I like next to Saturnz Barz, but neither blow me away at all which is disappointing
>Album art is the worst to date
Yes

i thought it was funny because of how absurd it was

>tfw the quality of Gorillaz music and music videos will never return from their former glory

But Murdoc is absurd all the fucking time, its nothing new and completely expected out of his character

that doesn't mean it isn't funny

>that pure fucking audio orgasm that Stylo and Empire Ants gives

Fuck man its gonna be hard for Humanz to top Demon Days AND Plastic Beach with how many fucking amazing songs both albums have.

Well, I felt the same *at first*

When I first heard the tracks, I only really liked We Got the Power and the ridiculous hook of Ascension. Saturnz Barz was okay but not great, same with Andromeda.

*So thankfully*, every track has grown on me, now. (besides Hallelujah Money, my fucking god) I think it took the most recent Pusha T one for it to click into shape, as well as going back and listening to Blur and then the Gorillaz albums.
>Even Andromeda
It got me thinking about how a Daft Punk collab could have worked so well there...but instead we have Dram doing nothing

It's gonna be a fun-as-fuck album to listen to, especially if you just pick your favorite half of them or whatever

>also I'm a sucker for the "humans are turning into something else; something new" bait Damon described it as

>I'm a long time Gorillaz fan
>I don't like the new songs

Yeah, that's what people said when Plastic Beach was released. And guess what, now people love it.

How the fuck could someone who listens to Gorillaz not liked Plastic Beach when it came out? It may be less consistent, but it has something for everyone on it and the best songs shine brighter than the best songs on Demon Days

Got links my dudes?

youtube.com/watch?v=5qJp6xlKEug
youtube.com/watch?v=9W44NWYwa1g
youtube.com/watch?v=HSivlaSVk1k
youtube.com/watch?v=hBA0PUQCvIA
youtube.com/watch?v=1dONxX9rifs

If you want to go in album order with those, it's 4, 1, 2, 5, 3

gorillaz fans are fucking retarded
ive seen hate for the rap in songs like ascension and let me out
did people even listen to their debut at all
or even demon days

I don't know who you're talking about, because I assumed everyone knew of the gnarly shit like "Double Bass", easily one of the greatest simple-and-fantastic beats of all time

Its not that it IS rap, its that its shitty rap, in addition to being the basis of the song.

Compare Ascension to any song featuring Del by Gorillaz. Del rapped over what was a Gorillaz instrumental while whoever the fuck is rapping over Ascension just sounds like a typical Top 40 beat/instrumental and a very run of the mill rapper when 2D's vocals aren't present.

>doesn't like guest stars
>doesn't like pop
>doesn't like rap
>thinks he's a gorillaz fan

It's less dark and more electronic than DD. When it first came out people were super thrown by it and many hated it. Now everyone champions it. In 5 years everyone will love Humanz just as much.

>guest stars are always good
>pop was the same more than 10 years ago
>rap was the same more than 10 years ago

Yeah go fuck yourself

I fucking love Gorillaz but the fans are borderline intolerable.

>release a new album
>album has a new sound
>WTF THIS ISN'T MUH GORILLAZ
>5 years go by
>K ACTUALLY THAT ALBUM WAS A MASTERPIECE
>release a new new album
>new new album has a new new sound
>WTF THIS ISN'T MUH GORILLAZ

Every.
Fucking.
Time.

Listen to the whole album when it comes out. If you really enjoyed how unique the previous albums were, you'll come to appreciate that this new one is just as unique.

possibly my Methanotroph

But they released the album's singles ahead of when the full album released and their shit, I don't doubt that there will be some songs I enjoy but if it doesn't have the muscial highs that Plastic Beach had or the general consistence of quality that Demon Days had then I don't think its gonna be any good

Sounds just like your average Gorillaz fan

this

>uniqueness automatically means good
If the rest of Humanz is like the singles released, the whole album will be garbage.

>unique
>from generic rap and pop tracks

Saturnz Barz and Let Me Out are the only songs of the few already released that have a unique sound and even those aren't of the best possible quality

I don't think the songs are bad at all, but they are not on par with the any of the former albums.
I know that Gorillaz is all about guest artists but I wish we could get a little more Albarn in some of these.

Look for the leaked song Busted and Blue that will be on the album I'm sure that is the kinda song you're looking for.

Thanks, I found it.
vimeo.com/210795661

I guess it could be one of those songs that grows on you, because on first listen it seemed almost a little boring.

Humanz is more of a reboot than a new album
like TTGO

youtube.com/watch?v=36DCuT1KxM4

Are you fuckin retarded mate? Damon is the one in control of the album, of course what he says determines what the album will be like.
Half the songs released so far have been overtly political.
Two of them mention Obama by name, and wanting him back.
But go back to choking on Albarn's SJW cock you enormous faggot.

At least the chiptune cover of Saturnz Barz is decent

It's a legitimate shame, Damon's incredibly talented when politics aren't involved
...atleast not /this/ involved

This x10000
I remember people HATING Plastic Beach when it came out. Now everyone's complaining that the new album doesn't sound like it.

I'm not saying that unique necessarily means good - just that it's weird to hate on an album because the sound is different from the band's previous shit. Give yourself some time to get into it.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the new tracks sound all that different? I like them and am having an easy time getting into them. Gorillaz has always been synths, drum machines, rap, etc. The albums all have different producers, sure, but these new tracks are definitely Gorillaz.

Wow user those are some amazing arguments
two mentions, one of which is made by fucking vince staples
Why do people want this album to be political so badly? Some comments he made clickbaited to hell and every Sup Forums drone starts having a seizure because o--o-only ccc-cc-c-c-c-c-c-cucks would say anythig about trump
Oh yeah damon has also said that the album "isnt about trump at all"
have a splendid time with your delusions mate

>2 out of 6 songs released so far isn't much
Were you brain dead in maths class? Because 1/3 is a pretty significant portion.
>"They say the Devil's at work and Trump is calling favors"
>"B-b-but it i-isnt about Trump at all s-stupid poltards!!1!"

You kinda blew your cover with the farage pic there eh?
Been enjoying let me out without names version as i dont care much for political lyrics
But still one half assed mention + some struggle lyrics froma struggle rapper is really not much
no one gives a shit about this mental gymnastic shitposting mate

Exactly on the money, man.
Why don't we focus on what's important and masturbate to Noodle

Never got the Gorillaz hype.

>Song filled with allusions to Trump released on the eve of Trump's inauguration
>Albarn has literally said Trump winning is going to cause the end of the world and the new album is about this
But it's all my delusion, right?
Also
>Because putting a little beep over one word completely removes all political connotations

Still hung up over that pusha interview huh
No one gives a shit about hallelujah money man
>Because putting a little beep over one word completely removes all political connotations
didnt say that did i, makes the current events part of the song go away pretty effectively though
You can keep up your gymnastics if you want but that doesnt make it any less whiny and irrelevant

>Completely ignores argument with half-assed "It doesn't matter lawl because literally like NOBODY CARES ecksdee!!!!!"
>"Been enjoying no names version because I don't care much for political lyrics"
>"B-b-but I never said that!!"
user confirmed for windowlicker

I didn't hate the singles from Plastic Beach though...

upvoted
Downvoted

>Completely ignores argument with half-assed "It doesn't matter lawl because literally like NOBODY CARES ecksdee!!!!!"
im not sure why you think you made any arguments
the only times hallelujah money has been mentioned in the humanz threads its people saying its bland or boring, may not even be on the album
>"Been enjoying no names version because I don't care much for political lyrics"
>"B-b-but I never said that!!"
Another argument of yours?
You did a good job with seeming whiny though

downvoted
Just stop talking you are ruining your karma

autism

see

He's in full damage control mode now
Calm down there sport you might hurt yourself

This resonates with me

The writing proces was already occuring before Trumps victory so that doesn't really hold up

>masturbate to Noodle
Since 98 my dude.

Lol this ain't reddit XDD

Youre a damage control