Be me

>Be me
>Parents die in an accident
>"Is this user? Im from Sum-pho-king life insurance company. Take this check for 200K."
>"Is this user? Im Schlomo Shekelburg, attorney at law. Im representing the families. You're getting 100 mega shekels (minus my 40% OY VEY).

Im getting around 300k after all is said and done. Im 23 years old and I dont want to fuck up everything my parents worked for. Ive been thinking about being a landlord since my mother was one or letting some financial advisor invest it for me. Before the accident I could support myself just fine and I had amassed a decent saving on my own (about 12k). Otherwise, Im a fish out of water. Id like to idealy turn this into something that generates a passive income if thats feasible at this amount. Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i know its cliche but invest some of that into silver or gold. shit only goes up

>obligatory become batman post

>letting some financial advisor invest it for me

For the love of Christ, please don't do this to yourself. Most advisors are salesmen who get commission off each sale. They don't give a fuck about your money, just their comps.

And anyone who ever says "it only goes up!" is a literal retard.

You have a great deal of money. Pay off any debts. If there is too much, pay off the highest interest first. Since you're young I am going to assume you have little debt. Learn about index investing as you have plenty of time to research it thoroughly. Learn how easily and inexpensively diversify and hedge. Then think about your goals.

Do you have a career? Do you need to go back to school? That money won't last forever, you need a plan to sustain yourself. Invest the principle, live off the dividends. Invest in yourself if you need to but most of that money should go toward setting an early and solid foundation for the rest of your life.

Good luck.

get off this site and buy some real financial advice

yeah invest into property if you can. Take good care of your property and make sure your tenants aren't complete assholes (common sense).
If you get a full time job on top of being a land-lord you'll be making a decent amount of money. From there you either sell and buy something nicer or keep it and try to buy something else nearby.
I say sell because living in the building you own and rent out is pretty much your best bet.

I lost both parents at 16 and got around 450K at 18. I own 3 duplexes while living in one half of 1 of them and I'm only 28.

my advice is stay the fuck away from Sup Forums with that shit

what's wrong with you

even reddit.com/r/FinancialAdvice/ is better at this point

Fellow Batman-bro! Whats it like being a landlord? I barely heard anything about it from my mother. Mostly because I was too busy being a spurg lord in high school.

Get a good financial advisor and invest it in a mixture of low risk and medium risk investments and don't mess with it.

Becoming a landlord might work but that isn't as passive as you'd think tbh. Landlords have all sorts of responsibilities with upkeep and the business is quite regulated so don't go down that route unless you really know what that entails.

I take everything here with a grain a salt and all financial decisions will be properly vetted. Im just looking for some "gem in a pile of shit" ideas.

Be a vigilante and protect the city from scum OP

Tempting. Especially with that shit going on in UC Berkeley.

40%? I'd reread the will. He might be trying to Jew you out.

You can farm out the rent collection and such to a property management firm, they take some off of the top but then its less work for you and they have experience.

Listen to my trips. They speak the truth. Not that I'm for good. I'm not even for evil either. I'm pretty neutral in things but it's your destiny. Scare the shit out of the criminal scum. Only kill if necessary or don't kill at all like batman but it's your call in the end OP. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Its from a lawsuit. The insurance the defendant has was very little so it had to be divided among st the other families, which would only be about 100k each.

kek

what kind of accident was it?

Cant say since it made national news and Id rather not be ID'd on Sup Forums.

What are your five favorite films?

BECOME THE BATMAN OP

Yes man
Scott Pilgrim
Ratatouille
Marley and Me
Back to the Future

oh okay. i assumed that it had been a car accident but i guess not

being a landlord sucks if you get shitty people. Just be warned if you get shitty people you will see some shit that you've never seen before guaranteed.

terrible advice unless you're a nation state.

What's with the romantic comedy movies OP? Do you look handsome like Bruce?

Bruce? Bruce Almighty?

Bruce Wayne of course.

Go find a financial advisor you shithead instead of asking the pit of retards.

>yes man instead of liar liar
>Scott pilgrim instead of a good movie
>Ratatouille what are you thinking?
>Marley and me oh probably about cocks
>Back to the future....dont pretend m8

You're a faggot and you know it. Spend it on blow and hookers

Scott Pilgrim is a good movie!

>dont pretend m8
kek

Hey Yesman helped me come out of my shell when I was a depressed fedora fag in high school. Now I have no trouble getting girls and Im getting married in a month.

No but im not horrible looking. This dude is my doppelganger.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE

The housing market in Saigon, Vietnam is booming. Property prices have doubled over the past year and rent has increased 400% this year.

I own a house here and rent it out for 2k a month after putting about 80k into it.

This is the place to be. Buy a couple houses in Binh Thanh district and rent them immediately. It's easy.

And your parents are responsible? they literally don't have a case how in the fuck did you lose?

well then
spread it out nicely, get a good diverse portfolio. That way you won't have to worry once you retire.

I don't know nigger...maybe take a small amount and 'invest' in some bitcoin? just in case?

Might turn out to be the currency of the future after all man. The price is quite hight right now, wait until the next crash which I'd assume would bring it down to 700$/BTC levels...

learn some basic economics, doesn't take too much effort. You'll be less likely to freak out when the economy goes crazy.

good luck and my condolences for your loss

buy bitcoins

Lose? The dudes dead too. There was no trial. Basically everyone is just picking up what they can from the insurance he had. Autopsy report said he was on drugs when the accident happened.

I hope you're not a brony.

No but I do like anime

It was actually my fiance who found this video

Same.

Good.

Im a little freaked out about messing with foreign markets. Plus i want to stay and start a family in Murica.

So wait, it was your parents insurance. You paid 40% to the families of the people killed by the guy. Why...?

>anime
anime is code word for racist

his face unnerves me. i hate him.

>Neets hate him!
>Click here to see how!

Also, buy two or three houses, rent them and start getting more houses on the way, so you can rent them

Hahaha ok. The dude, my parents, and a bunch of other people were killed in an accident. The dude was responsible for everyone being killed. He had an insurance policy through his business which payed out money evenly to the surviving members of the family. The lawyer who handled the case receives 40% for representing us and "winning".

Oh, well he's a fat jew. Call him a shit lord or something and go buy some black jack and hookers