Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,
I come to you with a personal problem, was wondering if anyone else can relate.
I have a huge problem making eye contact with people when engaging with them, whether it's my mom, a friend, a stranger. I find myself looking off into other places and crippling social anxiety ensues.
Why am I so scared to lock eyes Sup Forums, what about it is so discomforting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ERWREcPIoPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's called Autism. Seriously.

I never look at peoples eyes...I always look at their mouth. People who look at other peoples eyes are fucking weirdos...

Here's a trick I learned, OP.
It's much more comfortable if you look at only one eye.

Just look at other pieces or use the time your'e not looking at their eyes as "thinking", so back and forth in eyes to not eyes to watch

Agreed I have autism and social anxiety this is it. You're gonna have to just accept that you'll never have any friends due to your inability to interact with others

(Eventually we all kill ourselves making the world a better place by removing our tainted genes from the pool)

look at these morals in the fucking eyes

this

also if youre really autistic try looking at one eye for 5 seconds, then the other for 5, then their mouth, then back to the first eye.

I will keep this in mind

that's photoshopped right?

Medfag here just take some Fluoxetine 20 mg at day and youll be fine

Doesn't work and makes most people tired AF
Seriously even if it does work it will ruin your life by making you tired as all hell 24/7

I was taking 150mg of Zertraline a day for a number of years, Are they similar at all?

that's, uh... avoid glancing at the mouth if you're talking to guys. triangling definitely sends "messages" via body language, and while it's subtle, you don't want to be caught by anyone who knows about it.

Honest advice, look at their entire face, not just at their eyes, but center your focus at the eyes. The other person just wants to know you're paying attention, not that you're looking directly into heir eyes

ty for the suggestion

it's called Sertraline you're slurring it with Zoloft the name brand

and they're not similar for what you want the Sertraline is for social anxiety Prozac is not

I can't tell if you're trying to be a dick or not

I was taking Lexipro for a while there and it was starting to help with the anxiety/depression but it also gave me vivid nightmares of killing people. I had to stop because I was too afraid to fall asleep.

different user here

i cant call people by their names. i dont know why, it weirds me out to call people or even animals by their names. is that some sort of anxiety thing or what?

I'd say that's more of a weird quirk and I'd talk to a therapist about it but there's no need for you to fuck yourself up with meds

Assume that you have the upper hand. Pretend that others have smelly armpits or something.
Instead of being cautious, try the opposite. Literally stare at them.
If you're unable to do any of this, go forth and say the truth. You have problems looking people in the eyes.
The more you throw yourself in these awkward situations, the faster you'll get used to them.

what are you even talking about. Youre just looking at someones face while you talk to them without looking stupid just staring at them

Hey bud,
Were you taught growing up that staring was rude? Like was the concept a part of you while you were growing up?

This actually works...
But only if you had started young. By the time my brother had hit adulthood his problems had become habits and he couldn't even speak to people. My father had sheltered him too much and in the end it destroyed him. He's now a complete hermit and he lives off my father's income. He lives a sad life alone, depressed, and dying inside.

That isn't really how it works "bud"

is OP even still here?

youtube.com/watch?v=ERWREcPIoPA

Was your dad around during your childhood?